Found a DG stormshadow!

revsears

Strangly it is the only DG figure i have ran into in the stores. It was almost a divine apointment that I find this guy, after church, and even after lunch I randomly decided to stop on my way home to grab a slush from Sonic at the way home. When I did so I noticed a DG I never knew existed, i walked in and straight to him. I plan on painting his hands black to match the original and this guy will replace my custom ninja force stormshadow as my shelves go up in my new place. Anybody else still finding these guys?

iacon (cool name btw) We have heard some conflicting reports that say these are not DG exclusives, but we have also heard that yes they are DG exclusives and Hasbro has zero say as to what happens to these guys wants they leave the factory. Either way it sounds like the distb. is a major issue but they should keep trickling out.

I should note btw that these reports are from people who talked Deryl DePriest at Joecon and from interviews with him. I would imagine these are currently only picked up by DG but Hasbro would like to sale them to other companies if possible. Personally I really think these would sell like hot cakes online.

(Thanks)

I remember hearing during the Joe-Con panel they were trying to get more of them out there. I've also been checking Family Dollar stores since they carry the same "smaller market" type items like the limited articulation Marvel Universe figures and the repackaged Transformer Mini-Con figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found these guys locally. Between two stores I managed to snag a full set. Also noticed the value of these guys on ebay seem to be dropping.

which is good. It means more Joe fans can grab these guys. I may pick up a few more, I'd love to have some to put in the raffle at coil con. (you put something in, and you get a ticket to make a big swap, if i read it correctly)

I wasted so much gas the 1st time around looking for these dudes that I prolly paid for them twice over. The DG's round my parts are no-where near my house. There are alot of Family Dollars on the other hand so I'm kinda hoping that they will turn up sooner than later. Anyone notice how almost nothing at Dollar General seems to be a dollar? Cmon Dollar Tree or 99cent Only Store you can totally out-muscle DG and FD for the king of the small carded joes (I have faith). Somewhere out there *dream sequence* I can see an Octagon its painted red, white and blue (the true colors of patriotic savings). I see 4 CEO's of each company wearing nicely pressed suits. A dark shadowy crowd chanting "4 men enter 1 man leave!" each man enters while "Final Countdown" is being played in the background. The match is gonna be so over the top there's no Referee. A single dollar is lowered down on a line, just as the music starts to wane the dollar is released from the line just above the Octagon. Slowy drifting and falling it hits the ring, the 4 men become animals locked in a struggle for financial dominance. No man is allowed to tap out. The ring is bathed in blood and gore as Ivy league warriors duke it out, eye gouging ball biting cheap shots galore as the 1st man falls followed by the 2nd, screaming and wailing for imaginary mommas fill the air. 2 men left as a 2nd bell rings.....2 Lirpas are thrown into the ring for the final round......the crowd calls out in frenzied bloodlust, chanting "discount savings discount savings".......bloody hands pick up the Lirpas and destiny takes over...........So hopefully I'll get to snag up SE and SS (yes I need another umpteenth version of SE/SS) maybe a Joe Regular and the Dark Cobra Trooper looks kinda kewl too......but will I get em at discount savings prices? only time will tell.....@PContest@

• 4 weeks later...

Holllee shizzle son, I found the whole set...butt due to some limited funds (totally need to borrow a sally struther's wig and beg for lost quarters found in america's couches, I'm sure I could be like a thousandaire after sucha fundraiser), I snagged up SEyes's and Stormy (fistpump FISTPUMP whooo). I was oot garage saleing (found alot of 4 inch Gundams & 3 Marvel Legends atta sale just minutes b4 this score) on the eastern front of the valley of swamp (monsoon season is here). I had wandered into the 4 mile area where there are like 3 f-ing DG's (no kidding) but nary a DG near where I live. I hadda answer the call of over filled bladder (my lil sis called BS, she knows a joezle hunt when she hears it), butt kidding aside I hadda P badddly. I wandered in and walked the 2 miles to the back of the store and found the doors locked to their Tajmahal's of baffrooms. I walked slowly carefully as not to wake my bladder on my quest to find the cinder-block attached to a baffroom key. On the way up the toy aisle (how convenient my walk) I happened to curse all toys not Gi Joe clogging the toy section. When my attention was captured and stolen to my lost wave of Joes!! They were all there but my funds were tight right and no-where in site. So I took Stormy and Snakes up to the front, told the new guy to hold them while I used the facilities. I came back purchased my collectibles and all was right with world, I felt like Ralphie w/his Red Rider BB gun......Keep watching the aisles madmen & wimmin.....dreams really eventually maybibly come true....smile11.gif

found a whole set friday. I picked it all up but really don't need most of them. I've been debating on saling or trading or customizing. Looks like they are coming out more plentifully now.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that I am back on the mainland and visiting family in Tennessee, I've finally seen a Dollar General store. The one I went into had all but Duke and the Trooper. I just bought SE and SS. Thought about Shipwreck, but decided to wait until I get to Georgia to go looking. The hunt is one thing I missed in Hawaii. I'm enjoying it again now.

Well, it is the same story for me. Just last weekend I happened to stumble upon a Dollar General while taking a trip out of the city...only to find none of these Joe figures in sight @grumpy@

Oh well, glad some people are finding them.