Anyone ever customize a Night Attack Chopper?

JoeRhyno

I was reading a thread on the 'tank, and it got me thinking about a couple projects that I could do. I'm not a huge transformers fan, I had some of them when I was a kid, watched the cartoons and all, love the movies(yeah, yeah)... but my son is a huge fan, I was thiking if I made any Transformer/GI Joe vehicles, I would probably give them to him.

I asked him his favorite transformers, autobots and decepticons, to try to see what I had in my vehicle fodder bins and what I could possibly make to match up with the characters he mentioned. Out of the list he gave me, one was Blackout & Grindor. He's the big helicopter in the beginning. I'm not a huge military guy, so I looked him up and it says he's a MH-53M Pave Low IV helicopter.

So with that, I went rummaging through bins and I have the silly/goofy Crimson Attack Copter from a while ago. I have most of the "snake" parts taken off and have some of the Night Attack parts too in a bin and was thinking I could put those on it to make it look a little more realistic.

So, my question is. Does anyone know if they remember any realistic customs made from that Helicopter mold? It looks like it could look okay if I redo the silly bent rotors, get rid of the HUGE cannons/missle launchers on the side and some of those sound weapons.

Hit me up with some ideas or pictures if you have any. This might be an undertaking, but with his Birthday coming up this fall, at least it will give me something to work towards.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Here's some pics for refrence:

DSC00663.jpg

This is the helicopter mold I was thinking of using. Yeah, looks nothing like it, but not many HUGE cheap Joe helicopters.

Here's the Transformer in question, and no, I'm not going to make it transform:

Blackout.jpg

lol, I guess there was another one named Incinerator... same look though.

Now looking at those two pictures next to eachother, I might have to go a different route as even if I get the colors right and decepticon logos and all that on, I don't think it'll really look like him.. hmm...