DC Club Infinite Earths Subscription 2013

featofstrength

Huntress was in the Question poll Rash and most people in the know still think it was rigged for him to win because they needed to tool the body for Joker. That is the only Matty poll she has been in. And she has won many non official website polls. Big websites too.

Draven

Most people "in the know"???

Sounds to me like you're simply inserting your opinion that the poll was "rigged" to rationalize your disappointment.

Maybe THE QUESTION won because more people wanted THE QUESTION instead of HUNTRESS?

I fail to see how HUNTRESS would not have simply been made using the existing female body-type, thus negating the idea that THE QUESTION was a simpler, more cost-effective choice.

Gasp people that actually know things!! ;) Don't have to justify anything to you buddy. And thanks Harry, you said it right. I just refuse to let him get me in an argument. @loll@

Draven

If you're going to claim something is "true" because "people in the know" know it's true, then logic would dictate that you're including yourself as being "in the know." Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.

Additionally, if someone is "in the know," then wouldn't they be CERTAIN? Instead of "still think[ing] it was rigged"...? Either someone is "in the know," or they're not.

No one is baiting you for an argument; I'm simply asking you to provide some evidence for your claim.

• Like 1

It did not cut off last night to be fair. It went all the way through into the early morning, sunrise time. My friend decided to get his when he saw how close it was late last night. Plus the announced it would last night. I figured it would go through after the last update yesterday evening. Now they better back it up with figs we really want.

Draven

Who's "we"?

There's no accounting for taste; not everyone is going to be pleased with every figure.

For example, you've mentioned on more than one occasion that you want a HUNTRESS figure. Ok, fine...for you. Speaking only for myself, I can think of tons of characters I'd rather have than HUNTRESS.

But that's just "me,"

I think the figures they've shown for the rest of 2012 and into 2013 are great. It's a nice mix of Silver-, Bronze- and Modern-Age characters.

And from a corporate perspective, I also think they've done a nice job diversifying with the 2-3 standard body-types they have.

That's the thing though, everyone's tastes differ. That's why it's underhanded to lock people into a contract without letting them know what they'll be buying. Maybe you like the ones shown so far, but what if you absolutely hate the remaining 7?

Yeah, really. C'mon, Rash, stop trying so hard to be abrasive. You said the EXACT same thing Draven did when he said he hopes they gives us the figures we want. You just used a whole bucnh of words to do it and had to act like you're better than him or something.

As I've already explained, that's simply how it works for a lot of reasons, most of them having to do with the normal business cycle.

Club...I've never joined a "club" that required me to fork over so much money with such wild demands. Oh, except for Scientology...

So did you get out of Scientology?

Nope, they're bleeding my wallet dry. And when they're done with me, I guess they'll leave me to die in some strange hotel, desperately needing physical and psychiatric care...wait, you asked about getting out of Mattel, right?

lol. That was good. Well played sir.

Well, you're probably fncked with either one, but I'd subscribe to a toyline before I would become involved with Scientology :wacko: .

But you'll only be able to get your exclusive Lord Xenu action figure by signing up for Club Hubbard!

• Like 2

Early Access doesn't take affect until January of 2013. Granamyr will be on sale for everyone.

Well that sucks. Not that Granymyr will be on sale for everyone, but that my Watchmen subscription won't help me avoid the stress and aggravation of getting one on Mattel's ridiculously chaotic day of sales. I swear, someone needs to get the point accross to those idiots that all of that "it sold out in five minutes" and hassling with the red screen emotional manipulation does NOT enhance the enjoyment of "scoring" these items for most people. And you can't give me the "it's because they want people to sub" argument because apparently it's not applicable in this case. I'm STILL confused as to why Granymyr isn't an oversized sub figure.

Huntress was in the Question poll Rash and most people in the know still think it was rigged for him to win because they needed to tool the body for Joker. That is the only Matty poll she has been in. And she has won many non official website polls. Big websites too.

Draven

Sounds to me like you're simply inserting your opinion that the poll was "rigged" to rationalize your disappointment.

Maybe THE QUESTION won because more people wanted THE QUESTION instead of HUNTRESS?

I fail to see how HUNTRESS would not have simply been made using the existing female body-type, thus negating the idea that THE QUESTION was a simpler, more cost-effective choice.

Gasp people that actually know things!! ;) Don't have to justify anything to you buddy. And thanks Harry, you said it right. I just refuse to let him get me in an argument. @loll@

Draven

If you're going to claim something is "true" because "people in the know" know it's true, then logic would dictate that you're including yourself as being "in the know." Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.

Additionally, if someone is "in the know," then wouldn't they be CERTAIN? Instead of "still think[ing] it was rigged"...? Either someone is "in the know," or they're not.

No one is baiting you for an argument; I'm simply asking you to provide some evidence for your claim.

That's not neccessarily logically true. Just because someone catches wind of or is privy to certain information from people who are thought of as "in the know" doesn't make that person part of that group just because. They might not know all of the information that the alleged "in the know" people know, for example. It's also incorrect to conclude that someone is certainly making stuff up just because they can't remember or provide an exact source for their information. Perhaps they're just confused or mistaken.

In any case, this is sillier than the usual things people argue about on action figure boards such as how we're all fighting a civil war now because Mattel has divided people as subscribers or cherry pickers. A lot of people want the Huntress for the same reason they wanted the Question, because of them appearing on and being a sort of couple on the Justice League cartoon. Mattel all but confirmed that cartoon was the source material for the Question's figure design.

As for the thing about it being underhanded to lock people into a contract without letting them know what they'll be buying... well, not neccessarily. If you subscribe to, say, Spider-man comics for a year, you know you'll most likely be getting a Spider-man comic every month, but you don't know exactly what the story will be about or if there may be a reprint instead of a new story one month. Maybe Spider-man won't even appear in the story one month. It's the same situation with these toy subscriptions... you know you'll be getting a MOTUC or DCUC figure every month, but it may not be a character you want. It's not that I don't understand your concern about getting figures that you think suck, but it's not really "underhanded".

As for the thing about it being underhanded to lock people into a contract without letting them know what they'll be buying... well, not neccessarily. If you subscribe to, say, Spider-man comics for a year, you know you'll most likely be getting a Spider-man comic every month, but you don't know exactly what the story will be about or if there may be a reprint instead of a new story one month. Maybe Spider-man won't even appear in the story one month. It's the same situation with these toy subscriptions... you know you'll be getting a MOTUC or DCUC figure every month, but it may not be a character you want. It's not that I don't understand your concern about getting figures that you think suck, but it's not really "underhanded".

It's quite different actually. Marvel allows you to cancel a comic subscription. Any business with ANY comittment to cusomer satisfaction would allow one to cancel a sub if it doesn't meet their satisfaction.

I don't get how some people don't have a problem with this. Matty could choose to fill the remaining 7 slots with repaints of Killer Moth, and you would locked into the sub with no legal basis for a cancellation or complaint. No person in their right mind would sign a contract like this for anything else in life, but when it comes to this, it's ok because they're just toys? Would you sign a contract to buy a car from someone without knowing what make and model? You pay them $30,000 and they could decide to deliver you a Bently, or a Kia. Yeah, that seems like it'd be real smart.

It's quite different actually. Marvel allows you to cancel a comic subscription. Any business with ANY comittment to cusomer satisfaction would allow one to cancel a sub if it doesn't meet their satisfaction.

I don't get how some people don't have a problem with this. Matty could choose to fill the remaining 7 slots with repaints of Killer Moth, and you would locked into the sub with no legal basis for a cancellation or complaint. No person in their right mind would sign a contract like this for anything else in life, but when it comes to this, it's ok because they're just toys? Would you sign a contract to buy a car from someone without knowing what make and model? You pay them $30,000 and they could decide to deliver you a Bently, or a Kia. Yeah, that seems like it'd be real smart.

Sigh... believe me, I do have problems with it. I know it's not exactly the same as a comics subscription. One MOTUC or DCUC figure costs almost as much as an entire year's worth of a comics subscription once shipping fees and sales tax are added. MOTU toys from when I was little in the 80s used to be for all, no matter where they were socioeconomically. Hell, I'm a good enough artist and sculptor to work in the toy industry, but someone like me will never get that chance. I could just make my own toys and artwork and forget about what anyone else is doing, but I guess I want to keep up with what's happening. You said it all my friend in the third sentence of your first paragraph.

Draven

Draven

That's not neccessarily logically true. Just because someone catches wind of or is privy to certain information from people who are thought of as "in the know" doesn't make that person part of that group just because. They might not know all of the information that the alleged "in the know" people know, for example. It's also incorrect to conclude that someone is certainly making stuff up just because they can't remember or provide an exact source for their information. Perhaps they're just confused or mistaken.

In any case, this is sillier than the usual things people argue about on action figure boards such as how we're all fighting a civil war now because Mattel has divided people as subscribers or cherry pickers. A lot of people want the Huntress for the same reason they wanted the Question, because of them appearing on and being a sort of couple on the Justice League cartoon. Mattel all but confirmed that cartoon was the source material for the Question's figure design.

I agree, I caught wind of it and was asked not to repeat how or by who. And I am not the only one who has said such a claim on the subject. Though I will say Huntress should have been out a long time ago according to the source too. SO who knows how long they have been sitting on her tooling. I refuse to argue about who won what poll or why I said what I did. I said my piece and I am moving on. BUt as usual thanks for the back up Kev! :)

Draven

Draven

Draven

I agree, I caught wind of it and was asked not to repeat how or by who. And I am not the only one who has said such a claim on the subject. Though I will say Huntress should have been out a long time ago according to the source too. SO who knows how long they have been sitting on her tooling. I refuse to argue about who won what poll or why I said what I did. I said my piece and I am moving on. BUt as usual thanks for the back up Kev! :)

Draven

I have zero interest in the identity of your supposed source. For my part, I just find it amusing that you back-up your claim of insider knowledge with nothing more than "Someone told me and they told me not to tell...so you'll just have to trust me."

Sorry, that's NOT proof.

For example...and this is 100% true...Someone told me that the poll was definitely NOT rigged, and The Question was the legitimate winner. And MY source is absolutely, completely trustworthy and in-the-know.

Can you disprove my claim?

Ive seen about a billion fan polls since the start of this line, and the Huntress has been on a lot of them. No while I'm here, and everyone's on the subject of unwanted figures... who here is going to be selling them off? Because there are one or two of the "less popular" characters that I really want.

Ive seen about a billion fan polls since the start of this line, and the Huntress has been on a lot of them. No while I'm here, and everyone's on the subject of unwanted figures... who here is going to be selling them off? Because there are one or two of the "less popular" characters that I really want.

Did you pay for the DCIE Sub. this year for 2012? I ask because I'm not interested in keeping Uncle Sam, Platinum & Tin or Lead once they ship. If you want to purchase them from me, just let me know....if not, I'm willing to sell them to anybody who is interested.

Did you pay for the DCIE Sub. this year for 2012? I ask because I'm not interested in keeping Uncle Sam, Platinum & Tin or Lead once they ship. If you want to purchase them from me, just let me know....if not, I'm willing to sell them to anybody who is interested.

No I didn't. I really wanted to buy the Watchmen subscription, but my budget just wont allow it currently. And thanks for the offer, but the only figure from this years line-up that I want is John Constantine. Honestly, if I had known he was going to get released, I'd have bought the oversized Swamp Thing, Zatana, and the DCUC Animal Man (I bought the DC Direct version).

Also, it might be a good idea for those of us on the boards to help each other out with subscription matching wants with potential discards, that way those of you who bought subs dont get stuck with the figures you don't really want.Then again, there's always eBay...

I'd love to get the Metal Men figures from you slao.