DC Club Infinite Earths Subscription 2013

featofstrength

The thermometer may have been a gimmick, or a clever marketing ploy, or maybe it really is reality and Mattel wants a threshold met. IDK, we may not like it but it is the game that we have to play to continue to get the figures we want.

This thing almost did not happen. Those who did not buy in or hesitated did so because of the problems that continue to plague these lines. These problems include quality control, customer service, availabilty, management just to name a few. I and others have mentioned them before so Im not going to beat a dead horse.

However, the issue that concerns me most is Character Selection. I strongly believe that if Fans are seeing Characters that they want to see, they will buy into the line despite the other problems. Its basic business and economics, if a business wants to be success it has to offer something people want.

ToyGuru has said that Mattel is not making money off these lines. However, we sure are spending money. In addition many of us did all that we could to get the line over the mark. Therefore, we should expect to have a voice, a very loud, and large voice to determine whats get made. If we do that gives us more ownership (or sense there of...) and possibly more likely to buy in if we see what we selected.

I started 2 polls during this fiasco. One asked what figures would you like to see flesh out DCIE 2013 and the other asked about Batman Unlimted. Those of you who bothered to participate told me you wanted Huntress, you told me you wanted Ra's Al Ghul, you told me you wanted Tali, you told me you wanted to see an articulated Killer Croc. You told me you wanted to see Vixen. You told me you wanted to see Vandal Savage. You told me You wanted to see Psycho Pirate. Your told me you wanted to see Fire and Ice. In several discussions and other threads many of you also made excellent suggestions for the JSA, Suicide Squad, Legion of Superheroes, Earth 2 and many others. However, the truth is that me nor my polls can do anything about it, but you can.

Go over to the DC ASK MATTY FORUM and drown Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich with your request to flesh out 2013 and beyond. TELL THEM WHO WE WANT!. For four plus years we have invested money and time in the DC UNIVERSE and it is time we organized as a group and got this line going in the direction we want it to go. We may not get every figure we want but if you get some of what you want per year, its worth it. We all have different taste, but Mattel needs to do a better job of putting something together that fans would sell their mothers and first born for.

Be vocal about who you want to see. Tell Scott, then in the DC forum start a Character Support thread and discuss that character and tell Mattel and the rest of us why it should be made.

We should have say not in just one "FAN DEMANDED" figure, but the whole subscription. For 2014, Id like to see a bracket started in the next few weeks here on Matty.com where we could enter in and vote on Characters until it gets narrowed down to 12. Then by the end of 2012, we've said who we want in 2014. That gives Mattel 1 whole year to do what they need to do to get the Character Selection made. That also takes the pressure off Mattel because fans cant complain about a line WE VOTED FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, you need to take tooling (make sure u understand what that is) into consideration because it cost money and limits who we get.

Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich please dont get me wrong, I support you and your team 100%. I made be hard in my critique, please dont ever take in personal. We all want to see ALL the subs do well and DCIE should avoid what it has had to go through over the last 2 years. I will though say that Im a little put off at the lack of attention that MATTEL gave the DCIE during this period. It really feels like we had to carry it on our own. This after I wrote a thread called NOW IS THE TIME in which I praised your communication with fans and stated I felt like part of a community. After writing that and seeing the lack of effort by Mattel for DC, I feel a little less so.

Character Selection, Character Selection, Character Selection!!!!!!!!!! Be loud, be vocal, be heard. Speak up and lets continue to make the DCUC one of the greatest superhero lines of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Really its quite easy....they should pick 4 or 5 really mass desired figures for the 2014 sub and use the 7 remaining slots this year to hit the team building aspects of the sub....

I guess the real question is what figures do they want for retail and what they want for the subs.

If I was running this sub, I would want to do such figures as Mon-El, 70's Supergirl, Hook-Handed Aquaman, 90's Kyle Rayner, Dawnstar, Huntress, etc..., the stuff that would really pull in the fans of the line.

• Like 2

Really its quite easy....they should pick 4 or 5 really mass desired figures for the 2014 sub and use the 7 remaining slots this year to hit the team building aspects of the sub....

I guess the real question is what figures do they want for retail and what they want for the subs.

If I was running this sub, I would want to do such figures as Mon-El, 70's Supergirl, Hook-Handed Aquaman, 90's Kyle Rayner, Dawnstar, Huntress, etc..., the stuff that would really pull in the fans of the line.

And that's my point entirely...

Personally, I would like to see more Golden Age and Silver Age characters. Of the ones you mention, only 2 are of interest to me.

They can't please all the people all the time, but they can please most people some of the time. That's the nature of a diverse fan base with highly diverse tastes.

Uh Rash your opinion is your opinion just like mine. However the loudiest most requested character is Huntress by many people, in many poles abd surveys online. So I am not in the minority but majority at least as fans who vote on polls go. She is the MOST important missing like hero wise to many, myself included.

Draven

Which poll suports the choice of HUNTRESS?

Non-official "fan" polls don't really count.

I'm fairly certain she was included in the official MATTEL polls that resulted in The Question and Atrocitus.

DCIE made it... Why am I not surprised?...

Woo-Hoo! Time for a celebration. I'm gonna go out and pick two action figures, one I love and one I hate. The one I hate, I won't buy. The one I love, I might get, or I might not. While I'm deciding, I'll remember all you lucky subbies who have won the right to pay for figures Mattel chooses for you whether you want them or not!

Better buy two of each figure...this subber always buys my figures in two's!

• Like 1

Huntress was in the Question poll Rash and most people in the know still think it was rigged for him to win because they needed to tool the body for Joker. That is the only Matty poll she has been in. And she has won many non official website polls. Big websites too.

Draven

Huntress was in the Question poll Rash and most people in the know still think it was rigged for him to win because they needed to tool the body for Joker. That is the only Matty poll she has been in. And she has won many non official website polls. Big websites too.

Draven

Most people "in the know"???

Sounds to me like you're simply inserting your opinion that the poll was "rigged" to rationalize your disappointment.

Maybe THE QUESTION won because more people wanted THE QUESTION instead of HUNTRESS?

I fail to see how HUNTRESS would not have simply been made using the existing female body-type, thus negating the idea that THE QUESTION was a simpler, more cost-effective choice.

• Like 1

I subbed again mainly for that exclusive. I know its just a rehash of the grod, but damn I do like my monkeys. Now I am really hoping for at least a single legion member (dawnstar please) although giving me a few would be way cool, and if they ever make a Damn Warlord I will geek the hell out. Really ive been mostly pleased with the selection seen so far (okay I hate rocket red, but one out of the entire year is not a bad deal, and metron rocked this year). I mean if they continue like this maybe we can get a few more Titans and a granny...man I have never wanted an old lady figure before like this...lol.

It did not cut off last night to be fair. It went all the way through into the early morning, sunrise time. My friend decided to get his when he saw how close it was late last night. Plus the announced it would last night. I figured it would go through after the last update yesterday evening. Now they better back it up with figs we really want.

Draven

Who's "we"?

There's no accounting for taste; not everyone is going to be pleased with every figure.

For example, you've mentioned on more than one occasion that you want a HUNTRESS figure. Ok, fine...for you. Speaking only for myself, I can think of tons of characters I'd rather have than HUNTRESS.

But that's just "me,"

I think the figures they've shown for the rest of 2012 and into 2013 are great. It's a nice mix of Silver-, Bronze- and Modern-Age characters.

And from a corporate perspective, I also think they've done a nice job diversifying with the 2-3 standard body-types they have.

That's the thing though, everyone's tastes differ. That's why it's underhanded to lock people into a contract without letting them know what they'll be buying. Maybe you like the ones shown so far, but what if you absolutely hate the remaining 7?

Yeah, really. C'mon, Rash, stop trying so hard to be abrasive. You said the EXACT same thing Draven did when he said he hopes they gives us the figures we want. You just used a whole bucnh of words to do it and had to act like you're better than him or something.

• Like 1

Club...I've never joined a "club" that required me to fork over so much money with such wild demands. Oh, except for Scientology...

So did you get out of Scientology?

Nope, they're bleeding my wallet dry. And when they're done with me, I guess they'll leave me to die in some strange hotel, desperately needing physical and psychiatric care...wait, you asked about getting out of Mattel, right?

Lol, well, the only one I bought was Black Freighter (with the opportunity to early "cherry pick" everything else, like I was already doing). So in the unlikely event that I'm "persuaded" to be locked in to purchases like Hooded Justice and Moloch and Crimebuster and Dollar Bill and Bubastis, I guess I'm ok with it.

If you bought both MOTU and DCU subscriptions, you're getting the cheaper price compared to day of sales price.

This is straight from MattyCollector's Q and A about Early Access:

Q. What can I buy?

A. Early Access was created especially so 2013 subscribers can more easily buy products NOT available through subscriptions. So, for example, when a product that isn’t part of a subscription goes on sale (like 2012’s Granymyr™ or the PKE Meter), subscribers will get the first chance to buy it through Early Access. If it sells out during the Early Access period, that’s it – there won’t be any product for non-subscription holders to buy in the coming sale.

Q. If I have one brand’s subscription can I buy from the other brands?

A. Early Access lets subscribers have the first chance at purchasing products that aren’t available in any of the subscriptions. Early Access will NOT allow you to buy subscription products from other brands early. For example, if you have a Watchmen subscription, you can’t buy Club Eternia subscription products early, like Netossa™ or Elongated Man – but you CAN buy Masters of the Universe® Classics products that aren’t part of Club Eternia®, like Granymyr™.

Club...I've never joined a "club" that required me to fork over so much money with such wild demands. Oh, except for Scientology...

Nope, they're bleeding my wallet dry. And when they're done with me, I guess they'll leave me to die in some strange hotel, desperately needing physical and psychiatric care...wait, you asked about getting out of Mattel, right?

lol. That was good. Well played sir.

Draven

Most people "in the know"???

Sounds to me like you're simply inserting your opinion that the poll was "rigged" to rationalize your disappointment.

Maybe THE QUESTION won because more people wanted THE QUESTION instead of HUNTRESS?

I fail to see how HUNTRESS would not have simply been made using the existing female body-type, thus negating the idea that THE QUESTION was a simpler, more cost-effective choice.

Gasp people that actually know things!! ;) Don't have to justify anything to you buddy. And thanks Harry, you said it right. I just refuse to let him get me in an argument. @loll@

Draven

If you bought both MOTU and DCU subscriptions, you're getting the cheaper price compared to day of sales price.

This is straight from MattyCollector's Q and A about Early Access:

Q. What can I buy?

A. Early Access was created especially so 2013 subscribers can more easily buy products NOT available through subscriptions. So, for example, when a product that isn’t part of a subscription goes on sale (like 2012’s Granymyr™ or the PKE Meter), subscribers will get the first chance to buy it through Early Access. If it sells out during the Early Access period, that’s it – there won’t be any product for non-subscription holders to buy in the coming sale.

Q. If I have one brand’s subscription can I buy from the other brands?

A. Early Access lets subscribers have the first chance at purchasing products that aren’t available in any of the subscriptions. Early Access will NOT allow you to buy subscription products from other brands early. For example, if you have a Watchmen subscription, you can’t buy Club Eternia subscription products early, like Netossa™ or Elongated Man – but you CAN buy Masters of the Universe® Classics products that aren’t part of Club Eternia®, like Granymyr™.

Thanks BigBot84. I was wrong about exactly what "early access" allows access to. I guess this early access business is basically just another ploy for them to try to trick people into buying more stuff. I'm a little bummed because I thought it would help me get the DCUC and MOTUC figures I wanted. I was a little confused about stuff like Granymyr anyway and thought that he WAS part of the sub, as an oversized figure.

So, since I subscribed to Black Freighter for 2013, will that help my chances of getting at least Granymyr? Or will it not count since he's technically a 2012 release :/?

lol. That was good. Well played sir.

Well, you're probably fncked with either one, but I'd subscribe to a toyline before I would become involved with Scientology :wacko: .