DC Club Infinite Earths Subscription 2013

featofstrength

Ten will get you twenty the day ends with a sudden and mysterious burst of subscribers that stops just shy of the minimum, but close enough for an extention.

This. I was feeling bad for Mattel. Yeah, you heard me! I actually thought Scott was trying his hardest, and really needed our help! But then this happened.

A damned hoax. It was going to "jump" no matter what we did. Of course they'll go through with it. They know their day-of sale will ALWAYS sell out, an that's all they need. This we-need-subscribers-to-live spiel was just disgusting....and I almost fell for it.

I can't do it. I just can't. I've had way too many problems with them this year. If they could guarantee me that they wouldn't keep shipping my figures to an address I told them to change 6 times since February then maybe I'd be on board.

It's time to put my money where my mouth is. Even though I'd love the figures, I'm not giving them another dime past this year's sub.

I understand where you are coming from. Mattel has definately had customer service issues. However, you realize that if you sign up you get to put in the address for THAT order and that is where they will send it. I hope you reconsider, we could use the help.

I might if I had a better idea what the figures would be. I think it's crap that we're supposed to sign up not having any clue what the majority of the figures are. The figures they have shown are a let down. I don't care about another Flash figure, no matter who is supposed to be under the mask. I never cared for the rainbow lanterns idea. Monsieur Mallah is the wrong damn color. Phantom Stranger and Elongated Man are the only ones I'd really want. I don't want to subscribe only to find out I don't want the remaining 7 figures. It may sound bitter but, at this point, I want to see MattyCollector fail based on their NUMEROUS under-handed business practices. Any retail store that acted like Matty Collector would already be out of business, and rightfully so.

• Like 7

It may sound bitter but, at this point, I want to see MattyCollector fail based on their NUMEROUS under-handed business practices. Any retail store that acted like Matty Collector would already be out of business, and rightfully so.

They need to completely overhaul the way they do business; the way they treat the customer, they way distribute their stuff, ditch their "screw you" rockstar attitude, ditch the "poor Mattel" victims of a bad economy attitude...they have to completely clean house. Step one is for people to stop guaranteeing them sales on mystery figures IE: subscriptions.

• Like 2

It may sound bitter but, at this point, I want to see MattyCollector fail based on their NUMEROUS under-handed business practices. Any retail store that acted like Matty Collector would already be out of business, and rightfully so.

They need to completely overhaul the way they do business; the way they treat the customer, they way distribute their stuff, ditch their "screw you" rockstar attitude, ditch the "poor Mattel" victims of a bad economy attitude...they have to completely clean house. Step one is for people to stop guaranteeing them sales on mystery figures IE: subscriptions.

THIS and THIS

This whole ordeal is total BS. The sub will go thru, no matter what, as planned from the beginning.

THIS and THIS

This whole ordeal is total BS. The sub will go thru, no matter what, as planned from the beginning.

And nothing will change. See ya all next year.

DCIE made it... Why am I not surprised?...

Yeah, it's kind of funny how they still didn't have enough subscribers 30 minutes after the cutoff time, and all of a sudden this morning, they have all the subscribers they need.

Yeah, it's kind of funny how they still didn't have enough subscribers 30 minutes after the cutoff time, and all of a sudden this morning, they have all the subscribers they need.

Sounds like you guys are calling a "Mulligan"!

This new scare tactic by Matty seems to be working though... People are making financial sacrifices to "save the line"... Hopefully most people aren't stupid enough to dip into their savings for this...

This new scare tactic by Matty seems to be working though... People are making financial sacrifices to "save the line"... Hopefully most people aren't stupid enough to dip into their savings for this...

I bought one more than last year so I could have the duplicate figures I wanted without worrying about day of sales.

I already have some of the figures ear-marked to other collectors that couldn't subscribe.

If they were using scare tactics, it wasn't neccesary for me atleast.

Well, well, well...look at what happened with DCIE over night...they just 'happened' to get enough subscribers and the world didn't end after all. I'm glad I didn't give in to these scare tactics, although it seems they did quite a bit more of that concerning their precious MOTU Sub. I didn't give them my money again because I haven't been too pleased with how my DCIE 2012 Subscription was going so far. Terrible customer service, along with the fact that I'm only going to keep half of the figures from this first year was enough for me to call it quits.

I might if I had a better idea what the figures would be. I think it's crap that we're supposed to sign up not having any clue what the majority of the figures are. The figures they have shown are a let down. I don't care about another Flash figure, no matter who is supposed to be under the mask. I never cared for the rainbow lanterns idea. Monsieur Mallah is the wrong damn color. Phantom Stranger and Elongated Man are the only ones I'd really want. I don't want to subscribe only to find out I don't want the remaining 7 figures. It may sound bitter but, at this point, I want to see MattyCollector fail based on their NUMEROUS under-handed business practices. Any retail store that acted like Matty Collector would already be out of business, and rightfully so.

Amen to that, I totally agree. The offerings for 2013 are quite mediocore to me too. I too could care less about the new Lantern Corps dudes. They look cool, but they just aren't 'Classics' in my eyes like Elongated Man, Wally West and Phantom Stranger are. Being a classic New Teen Titans fan, I was really looking forward to seeing the Brain and Mallah figures. Yet, while Brain looks great for being a rather simple figure, Mallah is a huge let down. He is just the C'n'C Grodd figure from DCUC series 2, but with a Raspberry beret and a bandolier strap...and gun. If that is the exclusive the subscribers are getting, I knew I wouldn't be missing out on anything this year. As far as I was concerned, if Matty was going to scare fans into buying into a subscription, only to cancel it all for 2013 without the adequate 'buys' they wanted...I say, the heck with you, I'll save my money or spend it on something that is actually worthwhile for me at least.

I bought one more than last year so I could have the duplicate figures I wanted without worrying about day of sales.

I already have some of the figures ear-marked to other collectors that couldn't subscribe.

If they were using scare tactics, it wasn't neccesary for me atleast.

I guess part of me wanted to see the fandom call Matty's bluff... LOL

Ten will get you twenty the day ends with a sudden and mysterious burst of subscribers that stops just shy of the minimum, but close enough for an extention.

This. I was feeling bad for Mattel. Yeah, you heard me! I actually thought Scott was trying his hardest, and really needed our help! But then this happened.

A damned hoax. It was going to "jump" no matter what we did. Of course they'll go through with it. They know their day-of sale will ALWAYS sell out, an that's all they need. This we-need-subscribers-to-live spiel was just disgusting....and I almost fell for it.

Why is it "a hoax" just because it (apparently) hit it's target??

That's just conjecture.

There seems to be a LOT of people on this board who wanted the subscription to fail even though they had NO interest or intention in paying for it...

Why???

If you're not buying the sub, WHY do you care???

Spite?

Envy?

Personally, I'm glad it succeeded.

And I'm looking forward to the avalanche of complaints in 2013 about the low availability of these figures on the day-of-sale...from the SAME people who refused to pay for the sub when they had the chance.

• Like 1

There seems to be a LOT of people on this board who wanted the subscription to fail even though they had NO interest or intention in paying for it...

Why???

Spite?

Envy?

And I'm looking forward to the avalanche of complaints in 2013 about the low availability of these figures on the day-of-sale...from the SAME people who refused to pay for the sub when they had the chance.

Because I purchased two different subs this year and have been repeatedly screwed by Matty on both.

Because making people sign a contract they can't get out of with no knowledge of what most of the figures will be is wrong.

Because they constantly change release dates messing up people's planned budgets.

Because they release figures that are grossly out of scale.

I would gladly pay for the line if the major problems were fixed. And no, I won't be buying anything day of.

It did not cut off last night to be fair. It went all the way through into the early morning, sunrise time. My friend decided to get his when he saw how close it was late last night. Plus the announced it would last night. I figured it would go through after the last update yesterday evening. Now they better back it up with figs we really want.

Draven

It did not cut off last night to be fair. It went all the way through into the early morning, sunrise time. My friend decided to get his when he saw how close it was late last night. Plus the announced it would last night. I figured it would go through after the last update yesterday evening. Now they better back it up with figs we really want.

Draven

Who's "we"?

There's no accounting for taste; not everyone is going to be pleased with every figure.

For example, you've mentioned on more than one occasion that you want a HUNTRESS figure. Ok, fine...for you. Speaking only for myself, I can think of tons of characters I'd rather have than HUNTRESS.

But that's just "me,"

I think the figures they've shown for the rest of 2012 and into 2013 are great. It's a nice mix of Silver-, Bronze- and Modern-Age characters.

And from a corporate perspective, I also think they've done a nice job diversifying with the 2-3 standard body-types they have.

Why???

Spite?

Envy?

Because I purchased two different subs this year and have been repeatedly screwed by Matty on both.

Because making people sign a contract they can't get out of with no knowledge of what most of the figures will be is wrong.

Because they constantly change release dates messing up people's planned budgets.

Because they release figures that are grossly out of scale.

I would gladly pay for the line if the major problems were fixed. And no, I won't be buying anything day of.

I can't speak for your experiences, but I haven't been screwed by MATTY, yet.

The nature of the sub (as it presently exists) is that you DON'T necessarily know what figures are coming next (or next year, etc). But that's how it works. Why is that surprising? It's not exactly a secret...and frankly, the element of surprise is (IMO) kind of fun.

And most contracts have penalties attached for breaking the terms. In this case, the money COMMITTED to the subscription goes towards ensuring that all subscribers will get their figures; if you discontinued your sub and received a pro-rated refund, then MATTY couldn't forecast their revenue stream with any accuracy, and the subscription would die - for everyone.

As far as figures being late, or "grossly out-of-scale," those are BOTH issues that were encountered when the line was sold widely at the retail level. In that regard, why would that change drastically here? Especially with a subscription service that is distributed through completely different channels???

Draven

Who's "we"?

There's no accounting for taste; not everyone is going to be pleased with every figure.

For example, you've mentioned on more than one occasion that you want a HUNTRESS figure. Ok, fine...for you. Speaking only for myself, I can think of tons of characters I'd rather have than HUNTRESS.

But that's just "me,"

I think the figures they've shown for the rest of 2012 and into 2013 are great. It's a nice mix of Silver-, Bronze- and Modern-Age characters.

And from a corporate perspective, I also think they've done a nice job diversifying with the 2-3 standard body-types they have.

That's the thing though, everyone's tastes differ. That's why it's underhanded to lock people into a contract without letting them know what they'll be buying. Maybe you like the ones shown so far, but what if you absolutely hate the remaining 7?

• Like 1

Uh Rash your opinion is your opinion just like mine. However the loudiest most requested character is Huntress by many people, in many poles abd surveys online. So I am not in the minority but majority at least as fans who vote on polls go. She is the MOST important missing like hero wise to many, myself included.

Draven