DC Club Infinite Earths Subscription 2013

featofstrength

based on what was seen at SDCC, who's goin in this time around? Id say it was a better showing than when they tried to sell it last year. Any fave characters/must haves in the mix? Only have til August 8th to decide...

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/store/mattycol/en_US/pd/productID.251913100

of course, THIS THING IS ALWAYS OFF-PUTTING...

DCUIE_Fullsieimage.jpg

I wonder if they'll have to extend the sales window 3-4 times again, so they can meet the quota. XD That **** was hilarious last year.

However, the Watchmen sub....fully articulated comic-accurate 6" figures, with NO subscription fee? THAT has my attention...still debating. Price per fig is high.

Anyone notice this? I love this part.

NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises 8” Batman™ figure and the Ghostbusters™ PKE Meter prop replica. Availability is first-come, first-served, so if products sell out to subscribers during the early access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time.

nahh i passed. i have my problems with it and they dont come up with lesser known characters as they told they would. sorry but flash, saint walker, larfleeze, poison ivy and black mask are well known characters and would sell good at retail. to me this sub would be awesome if characters like talia al gul, firefly, conduit, krona or other guardians and so manny other characters from the batman, superman and green lantern comics were made. then we get a vertigo character? i thought they do stactions of those? anyway i also skipped dc because of motuc. these prices are going nuts and i have to cut back somewhere. still saint walker and larfleeze are on my list and i will get them on sale day.

• Like 1

Anyone notice this? I love this part.

NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises 8” Batman™ figure and the Ghostbusters™ PKE Meter prop replica. Availability is first-come, first-served, so if products sell out to subscribers during the early access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time.

Yeah they are doing this for Club Eternia also

From what I understand, as long as you subscribe to ANY of them (Eternia, IE, or Black Freighter), you get to buy items earlier than the actual sale date throughout the whole year.

Did you think the Matty boards were full of complaints before? Wait until 2013...... "Figures are selling out before the actual sale day! Stupid club members!" Matty is making it to where you NEED to subscribe to SOMETHING in order to stand a chance. WTF?!

• Like 1

I wonder if they'll have to extend the sales window 3-4 times again, so they can meet the quota. XD That **** was hilarious last year.

However, the Watchmen sub....fully articulated comic-accurate 6" figures, with NO subscription fee? THAT has my attention...still debating. Price per fig is high.

ugh...dont get me started on the Watchmen...Ghostbusters should have been handled like this (limited line-up, up front...would have known if im getting a Gozer or not)

Did you think the Matty boards were full of complaints before? Wait until 2013...... "Figures are selling out before the actual sale day! Stupid club members!" Matty is making it to where you NEED to subscribe to SOMETHING in order to stand a chance. WTF?!

Yup. the press release might as well read:

"NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In order to weed out cherry pickers and maximize profit, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand!"

Keep it up Matty...I'll die a cherry picker, but I'll die at your hand! :P

They put out enough interesting MOTU stuff that I'm considering a sub for that line, but there's no way I would get the DC one. We're getting the leftovers from the Green Lantern and Young Justice lines and a few "new" designs on DC Classics. They really have gone down hill on what they're putting out.

Matty is making it to where you NEED to subscribe to SOMETHING in order to stand a chance. WTF?!

Yes, they are. Their number one goal it to get EVERYONE hooked on the sub. This is just another incentive for club members and another "screw you" for nonmembers (cherry pickers) who they couldn't give a darn about. I don't see why they WOULDN'T do this.

I will most likely not be buying the sub for 2013.

I had SO many problems with my Voltron and Infinite Earth subs this year that I don't want them to get any more of my money. I spent hours on the phone trying to fix their mistakes and it isn't worth the hassle.

Really, the Watchmen sub should be a given for me at this point. I would love a "fair" shot at Ivy, Black Mask, and the TDKR endo-Batman. Getting 6" comic Watchmen figs is just a humungous plus. But $25 per.......damn it, that's so painful.

$25 is a little steep...

Really, the Watchmen sub should be a given for me at this point. I would love a "fair" shot at Ivy, Black Mask, and the TDKR endo-Batman. Getting 6" comic Watchmen figs is just a humungous plus. But $25 per.......damn it, that's so painful.

$25 is a little steep...

might be steep, but at least you know its a limited run of 6 figures...the opportunity for a toy collector to actually budget a line ahead of time may be worth it. Not to mention being free of the fear of a line starting and getting dropped incomplete...Who Ya Gonna Call?!

• Like 1

$25 is a little steep...

might be steep, but at least you know its a limited run of 6 figures...the opportunity for a toy collector to actually budget a line ahead of time may be worth it. Not to mention being free of the fear of a line starting and getting dropped incomplete...Who Ya Gonna Call?!

I agree with that.

Im down for the DC sub again this year, if it happens that is. I hate this "if we get enough people" bullshit. Give me a break, just make the figs and they will sell. I mean every freaking fig has sold out this year and their going to pull a ghost busters on us, bunch of crap in my opinion. Now the watchmen sub is a huge deal for me, ive been waiting for figs like these for 20 years. Yeah I have the DC directs but those are only so so and movie based. I kinda geeked out during that panel after that sub was annouced. I saw the Rorsach in person and he looked quite sweet in my opinion. And as a plus we will get all six main characters in one swoop, no fill it up to the line to see if we pull the plug bull.

Honestly, I don't really care much about the "100% newly tooled" figure for 2014.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against it by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that MATTEL has done a very good job with 3-4 basic body-types, both at retail and with the sub.

The high cost of new molds would simply be passed onto us if they did it regularly. As it is, I'm pretty content.

Im down for the DC sub again this year, if it happens that is. I hate this "if we get enough people" bullshit. Give me a break, just make the figs and they will sell. I mean every freaking fig has sold out this year and their going to pull a ghost busters on us, bunch of crap in my opinion. Now the watchmen sub is a huge deal for me, ive been waiting for figs like these for 20 years. Yeah I have the DC directs but those are only so so and movie based. I kinda geeked out during that panel after that sub was annouced. I saw the Rorsach in person and he looked quite sweet in my opinion. And as a plus we will get all six main characters in one swoop, no fill it up to the line to see if we pull the plug bull.

It's just marketing.

Chances are they've already forecasted that there WILL be a sub in 2013 based on 2012 sub revenues. It risks them looking bad if they suddenly shut it down.

I work in marketing. Different industry, but some of the basic rules still apply, one of them being that forecasted sales/revenues for an upcoming year are probably already nailed-down by July of the previous year. For toys, this would mean acquisition and distribution of raw materials, shipping schedules, production schedules, quality control, packing, customs, etc. EVERYTHING is taken into account, and big decisions affecting entire product lines are rarely made on the fly except in the case of an emergency (unlikely with a toy).

Sure...anything can happen. But I think it's a safe bet that the sub will continue through 2013.

Beyond that, who knows?

Honestly, I don't really care much about the "100% newly tooled" figure for 2014.Don't get me wrong - I'm not against it by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that MATTEL has done a very good job with 3-4 basic body-types, both at retail and with the sub.

The high cost of new molds would simply be passed onto us if they did it regularly. As it is, I'm pretty content.

Is that how "number needed to investigate fully tooled figures for 2014" was defined by Matty at the panels? I never heard anything about a new "buck".

Meter as of 4/18

DCUIE_Fullsieimage2.jpg

If they wanted mine and many people's money they would have announced Huntress. I really think someone involved in this line clearly does not like the character. As it is, I am not signing up now.

Draven