SDCC 2012 Preview night

Belmont13

Well supposedly it's just for 2013, and big ones would return in 2014 I don't mind small ones it's the character choice that left me scratching my head, I would've preferred Rocket Racoon, Cosmo, Puck, Wild Child among others.

Jean is part of Wave 5:

376513_494011360612569_284007430_n.jpg

481976_494011410612564_1761119543_n.jpg

602535_494011520612553_714901405_n.jpg

Overall, I like what I saw at SDCC. I, for one, don't mind them doing 3 waves per year with the standard ML line. With the rate that they are putting out the Marvel movies, I feel their will be plenty of 6" offerings to keep me satisfied. For now all I am collecting is ML and 6" Marvel movie figures ( with the occasional Marvel Select thrown in for good measure). I am curious to see the rest of the figures in the Iron Monger BAF wave, but I guess we will have to wait until Toy Fair to see those. Good things from the panel this weekend, X-Force Wolverine and Archangel in Wave 4 for those that could not get the 3-pack, the Wrecker looks awesome, I like the new female body for Moonstone, and a decent mix of new and updated characters. The bad this weekend, mini BAF's (although I am all for more monkeys with guns). The ugly, Viper's head on Mystique's body.

Was watching the video for the Marvel panel. The Wolverine in wave 1 of 2013 is the X-Force look so he'll match Warpath so he's not the same as the Uncanny X-Force 3-pack. And Archangel's variant figure in wave 1 is the look where he took Apocalypse's place.

Well supposedly it's just for 2013, and big ones would return in 2014 I don't mind small ones it's the character choice that left me scratching my head, I would've preferred Rocket Racoon, Cosmo, Puck, Wild Child among others.

Yeah, I can live without the Big BAFs for a couple of waves, since there are still parts I'm trying to find to build previous BAFs like Ronan, Ares and most importantly Terrax. I find the character choice for this first mini-BAF to be odd too, who is Hit Monkey anyway? I find it funny though, awhile back on the DC toy forums we had a member who was dying for DCUC to release a Detective Chimp figure...well, maybe he'll have to settle for Hit Monkey instead @monkey@

I really HOPE to see Puck as a BAF soon.

Jean Grey looks gorgeous, glad she's finally getting the ML treatment that she rightly deserves. I too hope to see a Jim Lee era Rogue too. Wrecker looks great, this is a step in the right direction for Bulldozer to be seen. For once it looks like Hasbro is leaning in the right direction to completing more teams in the future. Digging the upcoming IM figure, I'm biased on that armor because thats when I really enjoyed reading his comics from the late '80s to early '90s. I really liked the Hyperion figure. Sentry, Red She-Hulk and the new-costumed Iron Fist look good. The BAF Iron-Monger....AWESOME, I've been wanting that bad boy for awhile. Very good showing for Hasbro's ML line.

Was watching the video for the Marvel panel. The Wolverine in wave 1 of 2013 is the X-Force look so he'll match Warpath so he's not the same as the Uncanny X-Force 3-pack. And Archangel's variant figure in wave 1 is the look where he took Apocalypse's place.

Yeah, I imagined something like this when they said original X-force Wolverine in the panel report, works for me since l like that X-force incarnation better and I already have Warpath so I decided to not get SDCC 3pack and wait for the ones next year.

I hope we will see a Jim Lee Rogue soon now that we have Jean...

THIS a thousand times.

Yeah, I can live without the Big BAFs for a couple of waves, since there are still parts I'm trying to find to build previous BAFs like Ronan, Ares and most importantly Terrax. I find the character choice for this first mini-BAF to be odd too, who is Hit Monkey anyway? I find it funny though, awhile back on the DC toy forums we had a member who was dying for DCUC to release a Detective Chimp figure...well, maybe he'll have to settle for Hit Monkey instead @monkey@

I really HOPE to see Puck as a BAF soon.

Jean Grey looks gorgeous, glad she's finally getting the ML treatment that she rightly deserves. I too hope to see a Jim Lee era Rogue too. Wrecker looks great, this is a step in the right direction for Bulldozer to be seen. For once it looks like Hasbro is leaning in the right direction to completing more teams in the future. Digging the upcoming IM figure, I'm biased on that armor because thats when I really enjoyed reading his comics from the late '80s to early '90s. I really liked the Hyperion figure. Sentry, Red She-Hulk and the new-costumed Iron Fist look good. The BAF Iron-Monger....AWESOME, I've been wanting that bad boy for awhile. Very god showing for Hasbro's ML line.

I know what you mean about the incomplete BAFs I have several. I think the Iron Man and US Agent are the only ones I'll get from wave 3 the others depend on when I see them in front of me. Iron Man movie figures are the only movie figures I get so I have no problem buying a whole lineup if it gets me an Iron Monger BAF.

Finally saw Fantomex in the wild... Hopefully these will become more available as time goes by...

There are new revisions cases being shipped to stores so keep hunting and you'll find them, I myself found another Big Time Spidey but I'm still looking for Piledriver and Madame Hydra.

I have not forgot you on those man! I still have yet to see a full rstock case around me yet! Its always just Cap and Drax left @loll@

Draven

thanks man! Mine didn't even had Cap(seriously over here he sells) but now they have been restocking so I still have hope.

I just wish these revision cases had a FF Spider-Man in them too, as they do for the Wrecking Crew and Madame variants.

So that thing pictured above is Hit Monkey, eh?...man, would I have preferred Puck instead.

I would have wanted Rocket Raccoon, but I suspect he'll probably be the BAF for wave 2 or 3 next year. Puck would be a good candidate too. What other small characters could be a BAF? Hit Monkey kind of shows that it could be anyone.

Rocket Raccoon would be cool...off the top of my head I can think of Pip the Troll, Gargoyle(old school Hulk villain), Amphibius, maybe a decent Toad....hmm, its tough to think of others though, it is for me at least.

Finally saw Fantomex in the wild... Hopefully these will become more available as time goes by...

There are new revisions cases being shipped to stores so keep hunting and you'll find them, I myself found another Big Time Spidey but I'm still looking for Piledriver and Madame Hydra.

Must be my lucky week... I managed to grab the X-Force 3-pack today at HTS...

• Like 1

Rocket Raccoon would be cool...off the top of my head I can think of Pip the Troll, Gargoyle(old school Hulk villain), Amphibius, maybe a decent Toad....hmm, its tough to think of others though, it is for me at least.

I was thinking of Pip the Troll as well, and I'd hate for it to be Gargoyle since we got him years ago with the Mecha Hulk (or was that Gremlin?).