DC Universe Cla...err..All Star...umm..UNLIMITED wave 1

yojoebro82

Just when I was wondering whether or not this was DOA...

The small, cropped, blury picture of Batgirl looks like it might be a winner, we'll have to wait and see. I like the Peguin head but the Superpowers color scheme ain't working for me. New 52 Bats, Supes, and Flash are OK...if you're into that kind of thing.

Wasn't Red Robin supposed to be in this wave/line (if the line is one wave in length, can you really call it a line?)

And. . . This is why I am getting out of the DCUC Biz. I don't feel any connection to the video game inspired designs of Jim Lee for the characters that I have known and loved for years. Lazy repaints make me less inspired. RIP DCUC.

I don't feel any connection to the video game inspired designs of Jim Lee for the characters that I have known and loved for years.

you'd have to be a time traveler from around 1994 to appreciate them...pick me up a mint copy of Ace of Base, "The Sign" next time thru...

I only want the SP Penguin...but why isnt he in a new wave of Batman Legacy? Yknow, a wave that would be suitable and might sell well around the time of new Batman movie buzz...um...NOW! Too slow, and too dumb, Matty.

Will strongly consider picking up Super Powers inspired Pengiun, unless we find out anytime soon, that a 1960's T.V. Pengiun is coming anytime soon(Like say during SDCC). Then I may have to re-think it. But that said, wouldn't mind getting that mold.

The New 52 Batgirl is a strong possiblity, only cause I Batgirl is my faviourte DC Heroine, espeically when Barabra Gordan is in the suit. Will have to still think about it.

As for the rest of the New 52 figures, right now it is "Meh" for me, only cause DC Direct is also coming out with those same figures, so if anything, I can always pick and choose which ones I want. Plus, I can see both New 52 Batman and Superman from Mattel offered again in the future, such as in various Multipacks.

i will skip them all. no need for a new batman, flash, batgirl or penguin. i may get superman because i kind of like his new design. i dont know but if you ask me they could have easly put in a whole new charcater like red robin or larfleeze. sad that all these years there is nothing to look forward to the main and well known characters. then again i bet they keep those to push the sub again. pretty sure larfleeze and red robin will show up for it. toyguru allready said that dc will get the meter again and that this time it has to reach the 100 % or they wont go with it.

pick me up a mint copy of Ace of Base, "The Sign" next time thru...

Pretty sure you can still find these in the $5 bins at Walmart, no time travel required, you just need to go where CD's die.

I sold off all my DCU stuff maybe two years ago and I haven't missed the headaches one bit. My collection does feel a little empty with no Batman or Green Lantern, but I can deal with it. Don't care for the new 52 crap, feels too much like the "extreme" stuff from the 90's.

I decided to go the DC Direct route for the New 52... The 7-pack is a good deal...

I decided to go Old School for the New 52 and take out my old classic style figures that I already own instead of giving any money to anyone #US1#

The only one I like is the Super Powers inspired Penguin, yet he is just another repaint with a new head...so I can probably live without him. I'll completely pass on the New 52 figures for the sole reason that they are NEW 52 FIGURES :D

I don't get why Penguin is thrown into a wave that consists entirely of New 52-based fgures either...I could see him released with the yet-to-be-released Red Robin in a Batman Legacy type line, but this makes no sense to me. Whenever those 2 figures arrive on shelves though, it looks like that'll be last dime Mattel will get from me for their DC figures...it was a good run when it lasted.

Jesus! If I were DC and Mattel and the only figure anyone wants out of the first wave of a supposedly brand new line was a freakin' Penguin repaint, I'd be worried!!

I was really hoping to get Larfleeze, Superboy Prime and Batman Beyond from the 1st time they announced the wave. Now I wonder if we'll get any of them.

Larfleeze will be in the sub.

I'm in the minority but I would have bought the Flashpoint Plastic Man.

FP Plastic Man might be okay for a slot in the sub if it lasts about ten years. I mean way at the back of the list after Baron Winters and Arak and Atari Force and just about anyone else one could possibly imagine.

This year's sdcc DCUC reveals make me happy. Awesome character choices, and the figures look great as shown, anyway. It looks like they're at least trying to put out good versions of characters that will satisfy everyone a little at a time. I mean you've got a DCnU Hawkman over here, a Super Powers Penguin over there, an Elasti Girl and Elongated Man in the sub, Red Robin in an assortment that has the DCUC packaging for whatever reason, the freaking Watchmen from the original comics. It's a little all over the place, but so were all those cool figures Toybiz did from Legends to box sets to the various Spider-man, Fantastic Four and X-Men series. I'd like to subscribe, for Infinite Earths and the Watchmen subline, but the Digital River problems make me say no way. I read way too many horror stories about overcharges, money and/or products missing indefinitely, being charged for the same product several times, etc.

• Like 1