2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles basic 5" Figure review

Jin Saotome

It's a much larger review than normal so it won't all fit here! I cover all four of the Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles basic turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello.

Head on over to my 5-Minute Toy Review Blog and check them out. No videos, just text and pictures!

post-3868-0-06325700-1341813858_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-80638000-1341813859_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-60604600-1341813863_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-23586800-1341813866_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great review. I was on the fence, but it's sounding like I will need to start watching out for these.

Also, kudos on the text review. In this day and age with people moving towards video reviews, it's great to see others who stick with text and pics.

Thanks for your review. Very cool to see that Playmates now has done a Ralph figure that can hold his sais either by the handles, or inbetween his 2 fingers. Seriously, that just looks plain awesome. I mean NECA did it 1st, but it's still cool to see Playmates incorpate it. Can Ralph do that with both of his hands, or just the right hand?

I don't know if I will pick up all the 4 Turtles in this 1st Wave, but I'm thinking either Leo or Ralph due to their accessories. Same as I did with the 2K3/4Kids Turtles, I may pick up regular looking/non-wackly variants of the Turtles through different waves(Example: From the 2K3 line, I got Don from Wave 3, Battle Nexus Ralph, Shell Kickers Leo, and Mech Wreakers Mike which is basically a re-release of Wave 3 Mike). I guess I'm saying is I'm going to play the Wait And See after a Year or a Year and a Half on what Playmates will come out, to see if there will be any other verisons of the regular looking Turtles(Example: Say in 1 wave, they have a open Shell to store weapons as a gimmick, while another wave is Mutations based which allows you to turn them from Baby to Ninja Turtle, etc). I have to also see if any of the vehicle sets will also come with a figure or not, as Toy Fair seem to implyed that they did.

Of course, if a Store Exclusive 4 Pack is done on this 1st Wave of the 4 Turtles, I may get that and be done with it, as that's the only way I'll pick up the 4 1st Wave Turtles. Either way, 1 thing I can say about Playmates TMNT lines is that the figures are all or almost all usually re-released every year, as I hope this is something they continue to do with this line.

In a question in relation to your website(Not TMNT related by the way), I see that you recently did a review of Master Chief from Wave 2 of the Halo Anniversity line. I was wondering, with this verison of Master Chief, do you know if his blaster can be pegged into his back to give the idea that he has stored it at this back, or not? Also, if you have a Halo Jetpack accessory, can that be attacted to this Master Chief figure or not? Hope you can answer this, and Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a much larger review than normal so it won't all fit here! I cover all four of the Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles basic turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello.

Head on over to my 5-Minute Toy Review Blog and check them out. No videos, just text and pictures!

Damn your review!!! I had to get them all, no thanks to the Target store that just opened up across the street. Great review by the way! Finally, turtles my kids can rough up instead of my NECA versions.

• 1 month later...