TNI Fantasy Football 2012

TommyGoth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we do it on a Friday night this year? It's much easier for me because I'm always home on Friday nights. Unless I take the wife out, but we just bought a house so she's not all about going to Red Lobster anymore lol.

Count me in again this year.

im in.. but friday night? seriously? thats when all us single guys go out and still have lives to live lol.. jk

5 weeks til preseason starts... and I think we should do the draft about week 3 of the preseason? so that nobody gets injured after you pick them before the start of the season

Do you want to wait till after the last week of preseason so the injuries are all over before the regular season?

not necessarily the last week, but definitely after the 3rd week. Teams rarely play their starters after the 3rd game, so it should be safe to draft a player before the 4th preseason game. And that would give us almost about a full week window for the draft and to plan our teams and prepare for the season. If we wait until the last game of preseason, then we only would have like 4 days (remember that the first game is on a Wed). so the last preseason week 3 game is Aug.26th.. that leaves us a window from Monday Aug 27th to friday Aug 31. The last preseason game is thurs Aug 30. Then the first real game is Wed Sep 5th.

So figure that after the draft, all free agent players will be on the waiver for 2 days.. also any trades would take 2 days to clear.. so we need probably to draft at least 5 days before the season starts, but more would be better.

It would probably be best to draft between Mon Aug 27th-Wed Aug 29th.

let me know what you guys think.. of course nothing would be set in stone for a while

okay, so I went ahead and set it up. I figured I have never been the commish, so I probably need to take the turn this year instead of letting somebody else do all the work again.

I copied most of the settings from the league last year, but I made a few tweaks to scoring (like giving 1 point bonus for yardage milestones). I also put a 3rdWR/TE slot in (but I am not sure about that one, let me know.. I just felt we need another spot). I also put the waiver to start on Sunday through tuesday, so that way if you aren't at home, you won't miss getting a player that suddenly jumps in value because of an injury). I can't think of anything else I changed.. but look it over and we can changed things up as needed. I also set the draft for tues Aug 28th, but that is flexible also (I am probably the only one that can make it pretty much anytime, so let me know what everyone's time restraints are).

right now there are 12 slots available. I would like to see returning teams or familiar members join first... so if you haven't ever played in this league, or are new to TNI, please ask before joining.

here is the link, or links (I don't know which one will work). The password is adc

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/tnifantasyfootball2012

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=143623&password=adc

I'm in but the 7 PM central might hurt because unless I leave work early. I would be late for the draft. 7:30 PM is ok with me...

Might want to send a reminder out to the rest of the guys who played last year... I think I saw Tommy on the Marvel forums...

okay, well, like I said.. we still have lots of time to figure out a date that will work for everyone. I just wanted to get it set up because I know how long it takes to get all the teams together.

also, I can't remember who the commish was last year.. and for some reason I can't get back into the old league page, so I can't even see who all played last year

nevermind, I just found it again.. here are the teams from last year and who I think the owners were :

Halfback Hamsters - Hamsterboy

Angel Investigations - Tommygoth

Quantum City Leapers - Starscream49

Stockton Pillbugs -

Fighting Grackels -

DaBears - Clam

Intergalactic DCons -

Outsiders INC. - Outsiders

Fremont Wolfpack - Nevermore

The Cosmic Avengers -

Vick's Dog Park -

The Gotham Knights - HardrockBatman

BACK for 2012 - Prime Patriots - Prime 2099

we don't need to have all those teams returning if they don't want to.. and other members who have played in the past that missed last year are more than welcome. However, please do not sign up if you aren't going to actually participate

UPDATE: I have highlighted the teams that have returned for 2012 so far.

You know guys, this is the 10th season for our league. It's the only league I play in every year. Even though I haven't been around the boards much over the past several years I still look forward to this. I lived in an area without high speed internet up until about a couple of months ago, so I hope to be a regular poster again.

The draft time is fine with me. If you need to change it I won't mind, as long as it's after 6PM EST on any day but Thursday. My daughter has dance class that day. If it's on a Friday it will have to be a little later than 6. 8 would be the earliest probably that night. Saturday and Sunday afternoons are also cool. From Sunday-Thursday evenings I have to go to bed at about 10 to be up for work the next day.

Im in. Can we not do the draft on a Friday night? Any other day after 4:30pm mountain time works for me.

how about doing the draft Sunday of preseason week 3, AUG 26th? There are only 2 games that day (49ers/Broncos 4pm ET, Panthers/Jets 8pm ET).. so the chances are pretty safe to avoid injuries (unless Cam Newton goes down in that last game of the day)

how about doing the draft Sunday of preseason week 3, AUG 26th? There are only 2 games that day (49ers/Broncos 4pm ET, Panthers/Jets 8pm ET).. so the chances are pretty safe to avoid injuries (unless Cam Newton goes down in that last game of the day)

My birthday is the 22nd and my family typically does birthday celebrations the Sunday after the birthday. This day probably won't work for me unless you make it a little later. Say 6PM EST?

dang Tommygoth! you have all kinds of special needs! lol

after 6pm EST would be cool with me.. like I said, I am flexible.. so pretty much any time you guys want, I will make it.

I'm in but the 7 PM central might hurt because unless I leave work early. I would be late for the draft. 7:30 PM is ok with me...

Might want to send a reminder out to the rest of the guys who played last year... I think I saw Tommy on the Marvel forums...

hey, since you were the commish last year, can you contact the other guys from last year, I don't have access to their emails and I can't remember who they are. we are still missing:

Quantum City Leapers

fighting grackels

Intergalactic D-Cons

Stockton Pillbugs

The Cosmic Avengers

The Gotham Knights

and we need 5 more teams