New 3.75" DC Comic Figures Revealed - First Set To Be Released As SDCC Exclusive

The Wire

"This new scale will only be available at conventions." *groan* But...why? I just don't understand how toy companies think sometimes. What a missed opportunity. Sheesh...

These look really, really nice, BUT...

1. This being DC Collectibles, I expect they are going to be very expensive and probably untouchable on the secondary market.

2. Available only at conventions??? Geez! Why not just put them directly into the hands of scalpers and tell them to charge whatever they want for them?

3. Sadly, I'm guessing they are going to be concentrating on these New 52 designs. I MIGHT make an effort for these if we saw some classic looks but for armored Superman? Nah.

I am so going to collect these!

Recap http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=316&itemid=18920

and some more info I skimmed off the interwebs...

For what its worth....I spoke with a DC rep tonight and he told me that if the two packs sell well at sdcc and nycc' date=' they will sell these figures at direct sales locations...there is no Mattel ban on 3 3/4 figures.

They really want to produce the play set...thought to be about $150.[/quote']

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/news-and-notes-from-preview-night

DC COLLECTIBLES

The new DCC 3.75″ line MIGHT NOT end up as a con only line. They want to hear the feedback on that at the show. If this first set sells really well at the show they will know there is a market for it. They started out with the Green Lantern universe, but they plan to expand it to their on line stores. But the “Con Only” is not set in stone.

I would buy these in a heartbeat.. well, not all those lesser GL characters, but the main guys for sure.

I don't like the leg articulation, but I think a leg-swap would be possible with MU figures.

I hope they aren't tiny like the DCIH figures were.

and Mattel sucks for not being able to do these

I'd get them if they weren't $25 for a set of 2. Also, DC Collectibles trying to "feel out the market" by only releasing Kyle and Kilowog at SDCC does not make me think that they have a lot of faith in the brand... so it may be a cancelled line before we get a lot of the characters that we want. And why Kyle Rayner and Kilowog? Why not Superman, Batman, Hal Jordan and/or Wonder Woman? Those would have sold like hot cakes!

I dont understand why dc didnt do this with the DCIH line. If they had, i'm sure the line would still be going strong right now! Of course not as con exclusives! I would love these to go with all my other smaller scale stuff like marvel, gi joe, star wars, etc. I would love to have huge battles with my son with all the above mentioned figures, so bring on the play sets too! Cobra needs to attack Oa!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...