Why does the Ocktober Guard set rock so much?

GuitarDevil

Is it because I can't afford em? is it because Joe con is so far away and somewhere fanboys and girls are delighting in their new boxsets and door prizes? is it because its a set that seems a long time coming? Why does it rock so? and Why did that ROC 5 pack with the XY chromosone Dialtone and Festive Footloose get greenlighted but the likes of our Commie Joe couzins leave a bad taste in Hasblow's mouf? All I can say is I must have them (in much the same passion like Uther Pendragon wanted Igraine) well not in a physical way but maybe it's all because it's forbidden fruit and I'm toothless at the moment........what do you fellow madmen & womens think? @afroman@ ..........and yes I love using any emoticon for any reason whatsoever......

I think for this years con they made less box sets. Instead of the usual run of 400, they probably only made 200 so it would sell out and they wouldn't have extras sitting around...

good looking set. I really liked the figures, even though I was never all that interested in the Oktober Guard. I liked the IG figures in this set too. But it's just way way way too expensive. They should probably try to make more figures and do the sets cheaper. There is no way they can justify the price now that BBTS did those 7 packs for 50 each.

I think that it's a combination of there being no new product for right now and the fact that this OG set is probably one of the more "mainstream" sets the club has done in years. Most Joes fans are familiar with the OG and would pick them up, where as stuff like the Foreign repaints, Crimson sub set or Red Shadows/Action Force are a bit more appealing to the severely die-hard Joe fans. Even sets from before that, like the Tanks for the Memories or the Dreadnok sets, were more appealing to what die hard fans would want then the casual fan might pay for. Personally I'm a little upset that the club didn't produce more or limit the sets because I was all set to buy a non attendee set but my internet went down for two day right when the sets went on sale. Seeing the attendee exclusives has me debating whether or not I want to turn to eBay for several (Like the looks of that Sgt. Major and Annihilator).

Why? Because life isn't fair that's why. Their previous sets have never been worthwhile to me before. I've always stayed away from the club because it just didn't look justifiable and travelling to the con for the only reason of going to the con was never really justifiable.....

But now, I want almost everything. The club did a phenomenal job on their exclusives this year IMO, even half of their FSS is pretty good. Shame I'll never have them unless they go back into production. I really want them.

The IG's in this set are killing me. I've wanted a new Voltar, Darklon, and Annihilator for years but I just can't justify these prices.

I know.....I was always a big IG fan......even when I was little. I loved Destros faction......prices are beyond ridiculous for these though....it seems to get worse every year.

I like the Annihilator figure... but seeing that the 3-pack costs 90 bucks at the joecon, I can see them going for 50+ each on ebay.. and I don't like them that much. The helmet bugs me, it would have been better without the clear mask.

but the other items from the exclusive stuff don't excite me that much. I don't like the Darklon figure, and don't care about Sgt.Major. I hate the mold for that helicopter from ROC, and while the Indiana Jones truck is cool, it's not 100 bucks cool!

oh well... but it's funny that the club is realizing more and more the high prices these things go for on ebay.. so it seems they decided to scalp their own products and take a cut of the profits for themselves. I bet Brian Savage must have been kicking himself when he say his items going for triple (or more) the cost in the past

I bet anything, it these were retail, they would have sat there and clogged the pegs, lol.. but being an exclusive, and hard to get... everyone wants them.

I don't think so really. I would have bought all of the Oktober Guard, and all of the IG figures that came in the boxset. And I would have probably got an Annihilator or two. But I think I would have passed on Darklon and Sgt.Major initially... and then I would get them eventually because there isn't anything else to buy out there

I bet anything, it these were retail, they would have sat there and clogged the pegs, lol.. but being an exclusive, and hard to get... everyone wants them.

I've always kinda felt that "peg warmers" happen because of the "regular people/kids" not buying stuff. I know as a collector...at least speaking for myself, if I see a whole new wave sitting on the pegs I pretty much pick up everything. Now if there is 2 CC's in the case I'm only going to buy 1.....because thats all I need.

I've always kinda felt that "peg warmers" happen because of the "regular people/kids" not buying stuff. I know as a collector...at least speaking for myself, if I see a whole new wave sitting on the pegs I pretty much pick up everything. Now if there is 2 CC's in the case I'm only going to buy 1.....because thats all I need.

They pretty much do... so think about it, if random mom/grandma goes into the aisle to get little Jimmy GI Joe... you think she is going to get him that big bellied russian soldier? lol... She's going to look for "GI JOE" to get him, or if they have them with, ask which one they want. Only kids of collectors would say... I want Colonel Brekhov!!!

I can see the IGs doing okay, they look like evil troopers, so I can see them being bought just for bad guys. But after the collectors got their hands on their share, they'd sit there and warm the pegs. Kudos for The club for choosing these characters for an exclusive. Yeah I hope they can make more for those fans that really want them and couldn't go, but I doubt that'll happen.