looking back,

revsears

• 2 weeks later...

ADC is where it was at!!! I remember being on all hours of the night, and the boards would always be alive with chat. I still come here often just don't post as much as I use to. ADC will always be my favorite! I have lots of great memories here!!!

Now those are names I've not heard in a long time, long time!!!

I discovered ADC, after the wizard world toyfare boards died!! At least I think it was those boards?? LOL!! But I remember a lot of you guys from that board!!

Man, back when everyone was still young and carefree for the most part!!

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered ADC, after the wizard world toyfare boards died!! At least I think it was those boards?? LOL!! But I remember a lot of you guys from that board!!

Man, back when everyone was still young and carefree for the most part!!

Speak for yourself; I'm still (relatively) young and carefree...mostly. (lol)

Ah yes...the Wizard World boards, that was my first foray into online chatting about toys. The hot topic of the day? Toybiz X-Men movie figures. Yes...it was that long ago. (lol) Heck Lady Jaye, you may have been the one that introduced me to ADC, come to think of it. I was lured away about the same time Wizard World erased everybody's topics and posts inexplicably. Man, that seems like a lifetime ago...

Hey, I recognize all those names in that first post. I guess I've been lurking here for a long time now. I remember being pretty jazzed finding ADC for the first time. I thought to myself at that time, "Wow, all these people like GI Joe also, and they have online discussions about it? No way!"

PharmV

• 5 months later...

I came in after the whole switch, but I felt like part of the ADC fam... miss the good ol' days with custom contests every 3 months or so, lol.

I really thought you were in before the switch over? I guess I remember that wrong. I really miss the custom contests too. I always enjoyed seeing everyone's work.

I still type in www.adctalk.com to find the forums when I'm not at my computer where it is bookmarked. I can't remember forum.toynewsi.com It's just weird to me.

Me too!

I've been here nearly 10 years myself but when I started I was in college. I've since gone through more women than I can count before getting married and having a baby in 2008. I've switched jobs several times as I work my way up through my career. There just isn't as much time as there used to be for this kind of thing. Plus the activity is down.

I remember the early days when I thought Tom-1 was a total jerk and Venal4 would only post negative things in the wrestling forum. I wonder whatever happened to those guys?

Yeah he is on the Tank, a lot of Joe folks have gone to the tank, it has it's pros, but the conversation there is only about Joe, and i'm convinced it has the most trolls of all the Joe boards at the moment.

I came in after the whole switch, but I felt like part of the ADC fam... miss the good ol' days with custom contests every 3 months or so, lol.

and Idea stolen. I was already thinking about it, but your right I miss em, so I'm going to run one on Toy Nation.

I remember all those names listed. I also remember a Nightcreeper poster that used to post frequently. Every now and then I check this forum, but not very often. But when I do look up the forum, I too type down adctalk.com to get here.

Besides Don, I keep in contact on Facebook with Tazzzman, Chaz, Tom, Ryan (aka SKARAPZ), Kevin, George (GGPiKe) and of course Jay. I met Don in line at the con in San Fran...TEN years ago. The rest of the fellas I met in Disney and recruited me to sign up here...my first forum home.

been a long while since i've talked to may of those you named, a lot of them went to other boards, but Ryan as far as I know just disappeared.

and Flint, I might get the two confused but I think NightCreeper was named Brent and he had a brother named Darren who went by Cobra Commander, those two used to post a lot.

there was also Dustin who went by numbers, and his screen name was just a bunch of random numbers, I think he got banned.

Yes on all 3 counts Rev. @loll@ Have not talked to the brothers in years.

Draven

also distinctly remember you and I posting back and forth a ton late at night for awhile, we were the ADC Insomniac duo!

been a long while since i've talked to may of those you named, a lot of them went to other boards, but Ryan as far as I know just disappeared.

and Flint, I might get the two confused but I think NightCreeper was named Brent and he had a brother named Darren who went by Cobra Commander, those two used to post a lot.

there was also Dustin who went by numbers, and his screen name was just a bunch of random numbers, I think he got banned.

revsears, yeah I remember now that he had a brother. Forgot about him until you brought it up. :) I think I saw Skarapz at the '04 convention, but didn't say anything. I kept to myself, lol.

Yep Rev! And I think CC aka Darren was on a lot back then too.

Draven

Darren and CC are all grown up and kinda moved on from the collecting thing. Darren is on FB and seems to do a lot of traveling. Its so sad when u see em leave the nest @screamer@ :)