A new theory on the new date for GI Joe 2

Dragonrider1227

Playing a stripper in a movie isn't really the same as actually being one. Unless the parents are taking their children to see both movies featuring Tatum, there shouldn't be a problem. ;)

If they can cast Robert Downey Jr as Ironman, without all his extra "baggage" he brings (from his personal past) and not damage the PR aspect of the movie, I certainly wouldn't think this theory would hold much plausibility?

actually, Channing Tatum was a stripper for about a year before becoming an actor. True story!

oh my. @hmmm@

Well, apparently that didn't disqualify him for the role of Duke in the first movie even.

And how would the kids possibly know she was going to be a stripper in some new movie? Hell I never knew till you posted it

Channing's a she what a ugly Woman :P

actually, Channing Tatum was a stripper for about a year before becoming an actor. True story!

Really??? Those are quite the credentials......for a douchebag!:P

How would you know this?

actually how did Dragonrider know about the stripper movie?

I have been seeing A LOT of commercials for the stripper movie, "Magic Mike", or some such nonsense over the past couple weeks. Being a heterosexual woman, I can find NOTHING attractive about Channing Tatum. He is a horrible actor (in my opinion) and acts like the exact same character in every movie he is in. As soon as they reported he was playing Duke in ROC I made the mistake of watching some of his movies to see what I thought. Then I made the mistake of watching him act like some sort of street wise ex con janitor in some horrible dancing movie for about 5 minutes late one night on MTV while flipping through channels. Him dying in Retaliation would not hurt my feelings at all. I just wish they'd cut him out completely and reboot with another actor playing Duke. In response to the question of knowing how he was a male stripper befor becoming an actor... I know that I have an Entertainment Weekly magazine (I bought a subscription through my husband's nephew to help him win some sort of prize for selling the most magazine subscriptions at his elementary school) where he talks about it. He was indeed a male stripper to pay his way before becoming an actor. He should have stuck to being a stripper I guess because he has the acting ability of a boulder.

well, certainly there will be commercials for Magic Mike, so people will know about the stripper movie. I think I actually saw a preview of it when I saw Avengers

Yep, the movie is actually based on his life - he's basically playing himself.

In any case, that was bandied about as a possibility but wouldn't really be enough to undo all their planning up to this point.

Yep, the movie is actually based on his life - he's basically playing himself.

In any case, that was bandied about as a possibility but wouldn't really be enough to undo all their planning up to this point.

True. I think it was not only the test screenings, but also how poorly Battleship did at the box office.

All the hate, he is actually a cool guy. I have met him before. He grew up near my home town. I am proud of him making out of po dunk AL.

Draven

Yeah, I can't bring myself to hate him. I actually think he's an okay actor and a decent action hero. I just have trouble looking at him and think "Duke."

All the hate, he is actually a cool guy. I have met him before. He grew up near my home town. I am proud of him making out of po dunk AL.

Draven

Sometimes being a cool or good person doesn't mean that you are getting a job done. This stinks, and contrary to popular belief if a job fires you that doesn't mean your supervisors hate you as a person. As someone who has had a hand in people heading out the door at work, I've had some truly conflicted feelings. Thankfully i've never had the final call but i have had to write the reports to the people who make that call and i have had to write that good people just couldn't handle the job in my line of work (Secured Treatment facility for criminal youth) Tatum may be a good guy and i wish no ill against him, but I don't want to act in a movie i am going to see.

Maybe it wasn't so much Tatums fault as it was the directors and whoever wrote his lines fault .That fake little scar on his face bothered the crap out of me and all the witty comments and remarks he made during the movie just didn't feel like Duke to me.Dukes demeanor IMO should have been more like Samuel Jackson's as Nick Fury.That scene they show during the Retaliation preview of him talking to Roadblock about his "kids living to terrorize him" just doesn't feel like the kind of dialouge that would be exchanged between the Duke and Roadblock we all know from the cartoons and comics.In fact Roadblock seems more likely to say something like that to Duke.They should stop trying to make Duke funny.Roadblock becoming a Ninja blows my mind and you can't just go putting Arshikage tats on people just because Snake Eyes trained you.Heck Duke trained with Snake Eyes in the first movie, you didn't see any Arashikage tatoos on him.I think we'll get our flawless Joe flick in the when a director finally decides to take G.I. Joe as serious as we all do.

I have no issues with Tatum as Duke never have. Liked him in the first movie. He was not my issue with that movie. But i do understand why some would not. I have a bigger issue with the way his character was written like said above! And the way Roadblock is written is even worse.... but you know they did it to please the Crock. He had to be the biggest star of the movie so they messed the movie all up to please him. That is my theory and I am sticking to it. @loll@

Draven

I agree that roadblock as a ninja is unacceptable, but you can't confuse the pre-quel comic or the toys with the movie. Roadblock isn't sporting the tat in the movie! And last time around Duke got a ninja figure as well in the last Roc wave! It's a gimmick to push the toys. While Roadblock wasn't my choice for leader either, I can accept it because it is the best fit for the rock. Look at the energy and marketing that man has brought to the movie!

Not that I recall.... just a sword with a city strike version. But maybe I did not read the bio @loll@ And I don't think the Rock has done much for the movie pub wise. A little of course but he is not the box office draw he or some think he is.... Tooth Fairy..... @loll@

Draven