2012 SDCC My Little Pony Exclusive

The Wire

• 2 weeks later...

I like her, she's cute, but what's up with her eyes??

I like her, she's cute, but what's up with her eyes??

Her eyes are like that because she is ##$%$#ed (mentally-challenged). I kid you not! Derpy(a name given to her by the brony community and later made official in season two of the Friendship is Magic series) started off as a background character in the first ep of the new cartoon. An artist intentionally drew her crossed-eyed as an Easter egg; the scene in which she appeared was originally dark to the point where the background ponies were hardly visible. In the final version of the ep, the background was lighten, revealing derpy. As a result, the fan community started to make a backstory of derpy through fan fiction; she evolved into a clumsy and mentally challenged mail carrier pony who loves cupcakes. In season 2, Derpy had her first vocal appearance. However, the ep was controversial in the fan community when Hasbro had the episode redubbed and edited; Derpy's voice went from sounding mentally challenge to normal. Her eyes were even fixed.

Obviously, the change was done because the term Derpy is an Internet word for ##$%$#. Here is an explanation on why the ep was changed:

http://www.savederpy.com/

• 1 month later...

Well thanks to all the stupid bronies and flippers, I wasn't able to get a derpy for my wife. I've been into this hobby for a long time, so I know the name of the game and the very real dissappointment that comes with getting exclusives, but this was my wife's first experience sitting online all day for something to go on sale. She was pissed at how quickly she sold out, but it was kind of funny hearing her make the same complaints to me about these companies that I have said to her and read on here in years past. Phrases like " I hate hasbro" and "why can't they just tell us when it goes on sale".

Glad to hear you got 12, you must be a huge pony fan...

Not really. Just capitalized on the pre-sales that they were going for on Ebay.

really? I doubt it

Check all the pre-sold Derpy's on Ebay before July 11th, if you know how to search for things on Ebay, and you'll see otherwise. So why all the sour grapes? You mad? LOL!!!

Glad to hear you got 12, you must be a huge pony fan...

Not really. Just capitalized on the pre-sales that they were going for on Ebay.

really? I doubt it

Check all the pre-sold Derpy's on Ebay before July 11th, if you know how to search for things on Ebay, and you'll see otherwise. So why all the sour grapes? You mad? LOL!!!

Funny you got those super fast, claimed you had 12, now down to these few, sorry man, just calling BS. You preordered them, got them, and turned them around ALL this fast? Same with all those others then eh? Just man up to what you are, don't feed some BS story about pre-orders since alot of people who prebought this stuff have yet to receive it (but I guess you are just that good eh?). You are just a scalper who makes this hobby a little more frustrating, you're just jelly inside, no sweat off my brow. Just go back to where ever it is you come from. You only post here about selling your SDCC items from this year and last year, so I'm good on your kind, really.

That is insane! Wasn't there 2 ponies this year?? I haven't seen the 2nd pony at all! What I really want is the Toy Fair ponies from the past few years, & last year's SDCC pony..