Wonder Woman Movie News

Wheeljack35

"getting serious" lol. They were serious a few years went they hired Joss Whedon and look how that turned out.

"getting serious" lol. They were serious a few years went they hired Joss Whedon and look how that turned out.

...and when they did the Wonder Woman pilot, and commissioned the Justice League movie (the George Miller one), and...

Don't any of you think with the sucess of the Avengers it woke them up to trying to get a JLA movie made?

Don't any of you think with the sucess of the Avengers it woke them up to trying to get a JLA movie made?

Kinda like my reply in the other thread, I think the billion dollar payday Marvel got definitely woke them up. But why weren't they trying to get these movies made a long time ago? Marvel put out 30 plus movies in the last 10 years. DC did 6. Now we hear about all these "plans" to get JLA and WW rolling.

And, by golly, they're really serious this time.

And everyone else is right, no point in getting excited just because they got someone else working on a script. I'll believe it when the movie goes into production.

I know that's exactly what they're doing, except they're going about it the wrong way. As it was said, Marvel put the legwork in getting Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor their own movies and even getting Nick Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye appearances before hand, so when Avengers was finally made the audience understood who these people were.

They could make a JLA movie and people would know who Batman and Superman are, but if they make a new Batman and a new Superman for this movie, the audience is going to be left wondering why they're so different from the other ones they've been watching. The audience will most likely know who Wonder Woman is and maybe Green Lantern, but the Flash or Aquaman? Why would the audience care about those characters? And yeah, I say "The audience" because in a movie like this, you can't expect all you money to come from comic collectors and fanboys. You need to build an audience and slapping together a JLA movie and throwing it out there isn't going make it a blockbuster.

Wait just a minute, Joss did a Wonder Woman project but it's not what you think. It was the animated film version. Not the Movie-Movie version. I think that got everyone confused because of all the rumors of Megan Fox and Lindsey Lohan.

I know that's exactly what they're doing, except they're going about it the wrong way. As it was said, Marvel put the legwork in getting Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor their own movies and even getting Nick Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye appearances before hand, so when Avengers was finally made the audience understood who these people were.

They could make a JLA movie and people would know who Batman and Superman are, but if they make a new Batman and a new Superman for this movie, the audience is going to be left wondering why they're so different from the other ones they've been watching. The audience will most likely know who Wonder Woman is and maybe Green Lantern, but the Flash or Aquaman? Why would the audience care about those characters? And yeah, I say "The audience" because in a movie like this, you can't expect all you money to come from comic collectors and fanboys. You need to build an audience and slapping together a JLA movie and throwing it out there isn't going make it a blockbuster.

The way I think they should go at it is to make at least two or three movies in a year and flood the media with DC..Then after a couple of years and possibly having some crossovers then a JLA movie would be as big as Avengers was

Kinda like my reply in the other thread, I think the billion dollar payday Marvel got definitely woke them up. But why weren't they trying to get these movies made a long time ago? Marvel put out 30 plus movies in the last 10 years. DC did 6. Now we hear about all these "plans" to get JLA and WW rolling.

I like lists, so let's see. For Marvel, starting in 1998 with Blade

1. Blade

2. X-Men

3. Blade II

4. Spider-Man

5. Daredevil

6. X2

7. Hulk

8. The Punisher

9. Spider-Man 2

10. Blade: Trinity

11. Elektra

12. Man-Thing

13. Fantastic Four

14. X-Men: Last Stand

15. Ghost Rider

16. Spider-Man 3

17. Fantasic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

18. Iron Man

19. The Incredible Hulk

20. Punisher: War Zone

21. Wolverine

22. Iron Man 2

23. Thor

24. X-Men: First Class

25. Captain America: The First Avenger

26. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

27. The Avengers

28. Amazing Spider-Man

DC's list. Let's start in 1997 around the same timeframe:

1. Batman & Robin

2. Steel

3. Catwoman

4. Batman Begins

5. Superman Returns

6. The Dark Knight

7. Watchmen

8. Jonah Hex

9. Green Lantern

10. The Dark Knight Rises

Gotta give it to Marvel. They've nearly tripled the amount of movies that DC has put out and on DC's list only Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are bonafide hits. Not every one of Marvel's movies were blockbusters either, but just look at what they've accomplished compared to DC.

The way I think they should go at it is to make at least two or three movies in a year and flood the media with DC..Then after a couple of years and possibly having some crossovers then a JLA movie would be as big as Avengers was

Exactly!

Sounds like great news, but Ill believe it when I see the trailer for the movie. I really hope that they get a good-looking actress this time around, to play her... Specifically a woman without a manly Dudley Do-Right jawline would be nice.... In my opinion Lynda Carter was the last and only good-looking woman to play Diana.

I like lists, so let's see. For Marvel, starting in 1998 with Blade

1. Blade

2. X-Men

3. Blade II

4. Spider-Man

5. Daredevil

6. X2

7. Hulk

8. The Punisher

9. Spider-Man 2

10. Blade: Trinity

11. Elektra

12. Man-Thing

13. Fantastic Four

14. X-Men: Last Stand

15. Ghost Rider

16. Spider-Man 3

17. Fantasic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

18. Iron Man

19. The Incredible Hulk

20. Punisher: War Zone

21. Wolverine

22. Iron Man 2

23. Thor

24. X-Men: First Class

25. Captain America: The First Avenger

26. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

27. The Avengers

28. Amazing Spider-Man

DC's list. Let's start in 1997 around the same timeframe:

1. Batman & Robin

2. Steel

3. Catwoman

4. Batman Begins

5. Superman Returns

6. The Dark Knight

7. Watchmen

8. Jonah Hex

9. Green Lantern

10. The Dark Knight Rises

Gotta give it to Marvel.

You're right Marvel has had better marketing within the last 15 years more so than DC. But in all fairness, you decided to start you're list from 1997 which is when Marvel started to get serious with their movies, and DC started to decline. But if we go in general, Marvel has had a lot more movies especially since 1997.

In my opinion what ruined DC in the movie world, is the hard-on that they have had for the Batman franchise since 1989. The 90's for DC were pretty much obsessed with the Batman, and never did movies on to other DC franchises. Unfortunately DC has still been stuck with the Batman crush, thanks to guys like Bruce Timm. Here is a list of a few DC franchises that DC could have made ton of money in if done right, thats if they don't go the way of the "Nick Cage Superman mechanical Spider" idea from the mid 90's (what the hell was that about??):

The Flash (Barry Allen version)

Plastic Man (I always wanted Jim Carrey to play Plastic Man, as I cant see anyone else...but he may be too old now)

Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)

the New gods (this one may even win an Oscar, just based on costumes)

Aquaman (they should make this movie dark...just think about a man that lives in the ocean...there's all kinds of weird sht down there...that humans still haven't discovered)

the Justice League (they should only do this only after they have done individual movies, with their core members, similar to what Marvel did with Avengers)

Green Arrow

Captain Marvel (of course it would have to be titled "Shazam" thanks to a copyright involving the competition company) (The Rock has to play Black Adam for this one, I cant see anyone else...unless Arnold Vosloo wants it)

The Question

Martian Manhunter

Wonder Woman (if done right, and kept true to the source)

DC Comics did dominate the 1980's though, in terms of movies, cartoons, toys, and a mess of merchandise. They were better at marketing back then, and I have no idea what the hell happened (I still believe its the Batman thing, and shtty decision over at WB. Of course the Superman movies were their main thing, but they also had Supergirl, Swamp Thing 1&2 and the TV show. They also had TV shows like The Flash, Superboy, Smallville, Birds of Prey (even though that was a piece of sht in my opinion), and now Arrow. Also you forgot to include Constantine and The Spirit under the DC movies made since 1997 haha.

Wait just a minute, Joss did a Wonder Woman project but it's not what you think. It was the animated film version. Not the Movie-Movie version. I think that got everyone confused because of all the rumors of Megan Fox and Lindsey Lohan.

No, there really was a Wonder Woman movie in the works and Joss Whedon was writing the script but apparently he took long and when he finally turned in the script they didn't like it and they all went their separate ways. He was even eying Cobbie Smulders for the role and there's even this rumor that when the project was scrapped he sent a letter to Cobbie saying "sorry". Here's an interview after the falling out from the movie.

http://www.ew.com/ew...0049318,00.html

Part of the thing is that Marvel sold the rights to their characters to multiple studios and DC has always been to "involved" with their properties. So we'll see Spidey, the FF, X-men and Avengers in the same movie. Plus if more than one of Marvel's movies failed then the Avengers wouldn't have worked. None of the Avengers characters, outside of the Hulk, was a big name outside of geekdom. Were as the JLA would work best as a Batman and Superman movie where the get taken out early, the others come in and rescue them and then the big team up at the end. Then once the characters are introduced you could try spin offs. After all even after the Avengers has been this huge hit, do you really think Fury, Hawkeye or Black Widow could draw a big enough crowd to make a hit movie? I don't think so.

As far as WW, she's a tough story to sell. Not that I don't think a good writer couldn't come up with a good story. I just don't know how a major studio would get behind what it would take to make it happen.

I'm not denying anything about what either company has or hasn't done. I merely picked 1998 because that's where Blade started and where Marvel's run really began. DC might have dominated the 80's, but again is was just Superman and Batman. They didn't do anything else of great relevance.

We'll start back as far as 1966 for DC

Batman (tv series version)

Superman

Superman II

Swamp Thing

Superman III

Supergirl

Superman IV

Return of the Swamp Thing

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

They also have:

Road to Perdition

League of Extraordinary Gentleman

A History of Violence

Constantine

V for Vendetta

Stardust

The Spirit

The Losers

RED

With exception of Constantine, none of these are DC Characters and I'd even say Constantine was a stretch.

Marvel had prior to Blade:

Howard the Duck

The Punisher

Captain America

The Fantastic Four

Their side projects are the Men In Black movies and Kick-Ass

I think both companies have had amazing goes at animated television. DC has more shows out when it comes to television programs, but I'd go as far as to say that Smallville has been the only successful one for them in recent years. Marvel has only had Blade the series and Mutant X.

they hired the Green Lantern writer? I hope he has learned something from his terrible GL movie. This doesn't sound good

Part of the thing is that Marvel sold the rights to their characters to multiple studios and DC has always been to "involved" with their properties. So we'll see Spidey, the FF, X-men and Avengers in the same movie. Plus if more than one of Marvel's movies failed then the Avengers wouldn't have worked. None of the Avengers characters, outside of the Hulk, was a big name outside of geekdom. Were as the JLA would work best as a Batman and Superman movie where the get taken out early, the others come in and rescue them and then the big team up at the end. Then once the characters are introduced you could try spin offs. After all even after the Avengers has been this huge hit, do you really think Fury, Hawkeye or Black Widow could draw a big enough crowd to make a hit movie? I don't think so.

As far as WW, she's a tough story to sell. Not that I don't think a good writer couldn't come up with a good story. I just don't know how a major studio would get behind what it would take to make it happen.

I like that idea for a Justice League movie. I think before that movie you could do a WW and Flash movie. But that would be a good way to do it. Have their enemies team up and take out the big guns who are soloists. Then the lesser known heroes band together and release the big guns and they unite and overpower the villains. Then the main heroes realize that teaming up is the way to go and induct the new heroes.

Then if interest sparks in those guys you have their individual stories to tell.