Changes you would like to see made to wave 2+3

revsears

This is just a dream topic. I honestly expect them to come out just as shown, just later. But if you could make some changes to who is in what wave, color schemes, parts etc. what would you do?

I'd really like to see flint repainted in a desert scheme at least.

yeah.. never gonna happen since the figures are all already made and boxed up ready to ship out.

but seriously, there are too many things I would want to change for me to actually contribute to this thread. It's basically like start over.

I'd want to see a return to the POC/30th Anniversary way of doing things...no gimmicks, no oversized launchers or zip-lines, just movie-accurate sculpts, colors, plenty of articulation, loads of realistic weapons and accessories, and packaging that more accurately reflects the film that features imagery from one of the actual posters. And maybe even have some figures from the first film that weren't made the first time around, like Breaker in his reactive armor, a movie-accurate Snake Eyes, and a Paris Pursuit Heavy Duty, just to name a few.

I'd want to see a return to the POC/30th Anniversary way of doing things...no gimmicks, no oversized launchers or zip-lines, just movie-accurate sculpts, colors, plenty of articulation, loads of realistic weapons and accessories, and packaging that more accurately reflects the film that features imagery from one of the actual posters. And maybe even have some figures from the first film that weren't made the first time around, like Breaker in his reactive armor, a movie-accurate Snake Eyes, and a Paris Pursuit Heavy Duty, just to name a few.

I was with you until you said you want more ROC figures.

To me, the costume designs are much better for this movie. Unfortunately, the toys were much better for ROC

I agree. Costume design is way better for this movie, figs way better for the first movie. Sadly nothing can get done that I want them to do. Maybe some wave 3 if they have not made those yet. BUt they need more articulation! BADLY!

DRaven

I've wanted a paris pursuit Scarlet for a long while. Granted it might look to much like cover-girl but I think it could be a hit (with a good head sculpt) with the fans. It would also be designs that Kids could see in the previous movie. Heck even a straight re-release of the liquid armor scarlet would be great. I saw that figure once! Strange that Helix did sell like hot cakes, but for some reason that scarlet did.

To me, the costume designs are much better for this movie. Unfortunately, the toys were much better for ROC

(lol) As much as I enjoyed the first film, I'll agree...the designs are definitely better this time around. Having said that though, even with the lips on the ROC Snake Eyes mask, it was still exciting to finally see a live-action version after wishing for one for some 25-plus years. I still like the ROC design for Snake Eyes, but I'd much prefer the Retaliation version. Actually I was studying the costume the other day, and it occured to me that his new mask design looks like a combination of the ROC City Strike mask with a sleeker Version 2 visor, and that's very cool to me. And I was very glad to see him lose the sculpted mouth and lips, even though it didn't bother me too much. But it did bother me some, and I preferred that he didn't have them.

I know that had to pack these figures with fewer accessories to keep costs down, but I would rather have them do away with the spring loaded missile firing weapons and bring back the figure stands.

I'm not saying I'm not a fan of missle firing accessories, but I think these look better on the vehicles.

A big ditto on the gimmicky weapons. It's always been a waste of tooling dollars before. To get these worthless lumps of plastic now though in exchange for gimped articulation is just an insult. Lose, the giant weapons AND the figure stands and return to a minimum standard of articulation. Some figures can get by without the jointed wrists and double knees, but ankles are just a necessity anymore.

I'm sure wave 2 is in the box. Wave three was probably in production when the change happened. It's waves four and on that could benefit from any changes.

(lol) As much as I enjoyed the first film, I'll agree...the designs are definitely better this time around. Having said that though, even with the lips on the ROC Snake Eyes mask, it was still exciting to finally see a live-action version after wishing for one for some 25-plus years. I still like the ROC design for Snake Eyes, but I'd much prefer the Retaliation version. Actually I was studying the costume the other day, and it occured to me that his new mask design looks like a combination of the ROC City Strike mask with a sleeker Version 2 visor, and that's very cool to me. And I was very glad to see him lose the sculpted mouth and lips, even though it didn't bother me too much. But it did bother me some, and I preferred that he didn't have them.

The whole mouth/lips sculpted on the face was strange to me too until i realized that the 80's v.2 Snake Eyes also had the mouth sculpt.Were they maybe trying to base the ROC Snake Eyes on v.2?

That's exactly what I always thought, that it was just a matter of the sculptor making it look like the mask was so tight that you could make out his mouth. I'm assuming someone from outside of the fandom, either the person who drew the new designs and/or someone that sculpted the mask, took the action figure's head-sculpt literally and went with it. Sometimes I look at it and there's something freaky and intimidating about it, like one of those samurai masks that has the demon-ish "war face" sculpted on it, and in that sense it's almost cool. Then other times it looks downright ridiculous, more often then not I guess. But y'know, just for the sake of nostalgia, or maybe a sense of celebration for a live-action Snake Eyes, I'd still like to see Sideshow do a 12-inch version. Maybe I'm the only Joe fan in America, or anywhere else for that matter, that would buy it (lol), but I would like to see one made, just for the cinematic historical significance of it. And if I were truly honest, I'd like to see Sideshow do some others, like a Neo-Viper, Scarlett, Duke (in reactive armor), Ripcord (the same), Heavy Duty, and Breaker. The looks the characters sported in ROC may not be 100% G.I. Joe, but I sure did like them anyway, and I think they'd make for some cool, detailed 12-inch Sideshow figures. But I digress...

That's exactly what I always thought, that it was just a matter of the sculptor making it look like the mask was so tight that you could make out his mouth. I'm assuming someone from outside of the fandom, either the person who drew the new designs and/or someone that sculpted the mask, took the action figure's head-sculpt literally and went with it. Sometimes I look at it and there's something freaky and intimidating about it, like one of those samurai masks that has the demon-ish "war face" sculpted on it, and in that sense it's almost cool. Then other times it looks downright ridiculous, more often then not I guess. But y'know, just for the sake of nostalgia, or maybe a sense of celebration for a live-action Snake Eyes, I'd still like to see Sideshow do a 12-inch version. Maybe I'm the only Joe fan in America, or anywhere else for that matter, that would buy it (lol), but I would like to see one made, just for the cinematic historical significance of it. And if I were truly honest, I'd like to see Sideshow do some others, like a Neo-Viper, Scarlett, Duke (in reactive armor), Ripcord (the same), Heavy Duty, and Breaker. The looks the characters sported in ROC may not be 100% G.I. Joe, but I sure did like them anyway, and I think they'd make for some cool, detailed 12-inch Sideshow figures. But I digress...

I think the SE lips from the Movie, are squarly to blame on DDP, despite having a lot of love for the books, several covers that featured Se, had lips! I believe it was Justin at General Joes that pointed that out. The lips appeared to be seen through a cloth mask, not rubber, but some things doen't translate well.