GI Joe prescreening report--the real reason for the delay?

yojoebro82

There's spoilers in the link and spoilers below. I usually don't read stuff like this but under the circumstances I really didn't care. If all this is true it seems that there is a lot more reason for the delay than 3D

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/05/27/g-i-joe-retaliation-screening-report-from-kern-radio/

I'm wondering just how much is going to get reshot. Enough to make a dead character not be dead at all? Very interesting that this has now happened TWO Times with Duke.

This guy's report is not encouraging. We were seeing in the previews (and maybe in our minds) a better GI Joe movie....according to this, the final product seemed like a thrown together mess.

There must be movies that don't do well in prescreenings all the time. Those movies don't go back to the drawing board and get pushed back a year. My question would be how did it get THIS far down the pipe without someone at Paramount saying something? How bad was this movie in the first place?

I'm honestly more inclined to believe that the studio believes they can make more money: in foreign markets by doing post production 3D and domestically by increasing the movie's marketability among female moviegoers with more Channing Tatum as he is starting to become more of a box office draw in chick flicks and such. Releasing a bad movie has never stopped a studio before.

Just keep putting out some cool G.I.Joe action figures, and I'll be happy enough. This whole movie thing is just one continuous fiasco turned disaster. If I want to see G.I.Joe-like ACTION on screen, my money is on this...

Just keep putting out some cool G.I.Joe action figures, and I'll be happy enough. This whole movie thing is just one continuous fiasco turned disaster. If I want to see G.I.Joe-like ACTION on screen, my money is on this...

Ya know, I didn't think the first one was that good, but this movie looks SICK! Ah-nud tearing the door off that hybrid car? Chuck Noris??? Come on! This movie is going to make action fans giddy. GIDDY!

Killing Duke is a BAD move period no matter who the actor is. And Channing has become rather a big thing lately it seems. The rest sounds bad too. I have had a bad feeling about this movie for a long while. I liked the first movie even but this one seems like even more of a plot hole mess and these reports are prooving that. Just kill the whole damn thing. Send it to DVD and reboot GI JOE please and do it right at least @loll@

Draven

IMO If you want to start off a G.I. Joe movie right, it has to begin with Stalker,Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows Vietnam War days and then let the film take off from there.I think that a small cast of three strong characters like Stalker,Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow should probably provide enough action ,excitement and intrigue to keep us glued to a movie screen for an hour and forty five minutes.

ugh. you mean the writers of "Zombieland" and the director of "Step It Up" didn't make a good GiJoe movie? How can this be possible?

they're taking 9 months too make Duke go into a coma instead @loll@

seriously, that was an idiotic move to have Duke get killed. What is the point? Like it or not, Duke was the biggest character in the first movie, and Tatum would have been a huge draw for this movie if they had actually tried to use him.

they completely screwed this movie up from the start

they're taking 9 months too make Duke go into a coma instead @loll@

seriously, that was an idiotic move to have Duke get killed. What is the point? Like it or not, Duke was the biggest character in the first movie, and Tatum would have been a huge draw for this movie if they had actually tried to use him.

to be honest it doesn't suprise me they screwed it up it is the writers of one of the worst films from 2009 I watched Zombieland a week ago and it was just god awfull in fact I'd go as far as saying Revenge of the fallen was a better film

• Like 1

to be honest it doesn't suprise me they screwed it up it is the writers of one of the worst films from 2009 I watched Zombieland a week ago and it was just god awfull in fact I'd go as far as saying Revenge of the fallen was a better film

I really liked Zombieland. So I'd say maybe they're just the wrong guys for an action movie since imho they did a good job on Zombieland, which is more comedy than action.

Noodles

Killing Duke is a BAD move period no matter who the actor is. And Channing has become rather a big thing lately it seems. The rest sounds bad too. I have had a bad feeling about this movie for a long while. I liked the first movie even but this one seems like even more of a plot hole mess and these reports are prooving that. Just kill the whole damn thing. Send it to DVD and reboot GI JOE please and do it right at least @loll@

Draven

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why you think Duke is so essential. There were plenty of great marvel and sunbow stories without the character. You say liked the first movie, but accelator suits, blue or black uniformed boring Joes, and skull faced cc, all seem more un joe like, than having Duke step out of the way. I can understanding prefering him recast, or having someone other than roadblock be the leader, but I can not understand the rational of thinking Duke is essential. THat hasn't really worked for Hasbro either, as many of us have complained about Duke's overuse in the toy aisle, and everything about the character and actor in the first movie. It was fan outcry that got him removed, why now are the fans freaking out about?

...and they literally waited until the final second to do anything about it. The FINAL SECOND!

which is why there likely isn't just one factor here. The execs knew Duke was going to die for a long time, they knew it was going to be in 2-d for a long while. The big game changers? John Carter and Battleship stunk, Avengers did amazing and assisted with the buzz around spider-man changing to be more positive (although i still don't understand why) and sadly Tatum's career is taking off. Casual people know who he is now, and they didn't want to see him go.

Duke is essential. There is a handful of Joes that should be untouchable. He is one of them. I have major issues with the casting choices of characters in this movie anyway. I loved the character selection from the first movie, minus Ripcord. To the average consumer the key Joes are the most important. I have so many friends go "wait they were killing Duke, that is wrong!" Just fans of movies and remember Joes growing up and don't collect. This also seems to make him even more essential when backlash seems to have going to be bad over that from the average movie goer that wants to relive their childhood loves.

Draven