Hasbro Updates Us On The Status Of G.I.Joe Retaliation Toys

The Wire

It's been going downhill, Since sigma 6 was introduced (only exception being 25th anniversary).

gotta disagree, I think POC/30th continaed some of the best Joe figures ever produced ( lowlight, snake-eyes, snow job etc.)

...OH, sorry, y'all. Don't mind me. Just getting a list of vintage topics together. Gonna need to keep this place from turning into a ghost town.

#US1#

I think you're already too late. ;)

yeah, it's been pretty dead here for a long while, this is actually drumming up some talk. Sad it's negative, but at least we are interacting.

• Like 1

It's been going downhill, Since sigma 6 was introduced (only exception being 25th anniversary).

gotta disagree, I think POC/30th continaed some of the best Joe figures ever produced ( lowlight, snake-eyes, snow job etc.)

definitely. Sci-Fi, Airtight, and Lifeline are some of my favorite action figures I own. period.

as for the scarcity of these figures.. sure, you can expect a jump in value as people let this whole debacle create a demand in their head. And they will probably be hard to find because it sounds like the stores will only be selling what they have and then Hasbro won't ship anymore. So you can expect to find some wave 1 and a little bit of wave 2.. and that's it.

and for 6 months or so this stuff might be a little "valuable".. but then next year there will be too much of it.

I usually get whatever it is I'm obsessing over thinking I could just return it later with a receipt if I changed my mind.

I do the same and I HAVE returned things in the past that I decided I didn't need. Women do it with clothes...

Went to Walmart this morning since today is supposed to be the actual debut of the figures in stores (along with Amazing Spider-man movie figures)... They had no figures at all, but the lady over the toy department was resetting the shelves and said that all Retaliation figures, vehicles, etc were going to be on shelves this week. She had heard nothing of any recalls or anything from Hasbro and said they weren't sending anything back! So, in case anyone still wants them or thinks they're going to be scarce and worth a ton of money... Don't bet on it. Maybe the next series won't be out until next year, but every store I've gone to has them in stock and have told me that they are all going to put out everything they have.

That's what I am thinking too. Wave 2 may be real scarce, meaning a few cases or samples may show up. But I think wave 1 will be everywhere within a few days.

Draven

I've got a better idea!

Send all the movie stuff back immediately, and let Hasbro make amends for the recall by re-issuing another round (or 2 or 3 or 4) of the previous waves (POC and 30th)?

poc30th.jpg

That's what I am thinking too. Wave 2 may be real scarce, meaning a few cases or samples may show up. But I think wave 1 will be everywhere within a few days.

Draven

Who's in wave 2?

Flint (wv1 Duke repaint)

Storm Shadow (ROC repaint with hood)

Snake Eyes

Roadblock (wearing a vest and mid-length sleeves)

Firefly

The figs are opretty scarce. Friends have been all over the state traveling today and most WM and Target had nothing. TRU was kinda picked clean they said.

Draven

Draven

Who's in wave 2?

Flint (wv1 Duke repaint)

Storm Shadow (ROC repaint with hood)

Snake Eyes

Roadblock (wearing a vest and mid-length sleeves)

Firefly

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that Roadblock is the one I'm holding out for. However, I highly doubt stores will get anything more than wave 1.

An interesting article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054684

Key points,

the void in your toy ailes will be filled with Avengers and Spider-Man toys.

Managers not sure they'll order the same amount of figures come March.

Hasbro's not too worried because they have other "strong properties" that bring them money.

I think it's been about 5 days since I've said this and it's been waaaaaay too long without being repeated. This situation is F-ed UP!!!!

The figs are opretty scarce. Friends have been all over the state traveling today and most WM and Target had nothing. TRU was kinda picked clean they said.

Draven

TRU was picked clean because they put them out days ago, being the first store to even sell them... so they had the entire focus of the "it's new and hot" PLUS the "these might not even hit the shelves" craze all to themselves. IN ADDITION, they are having a sale this week for BOGO %50 off.. so for once, TRU is the cheapest place to buy a figure and they were the only ones to have them.

Both Walmart stores I went to have not stocked them at all yet. I know both stores have Joe product in the backroom, but they are just super lazy when it comes to doing their jobs.

However, at both Target stores I went to there was tons of figures on the pegs. I saw 20+ figures at each store, 4+ of the ninja 3-packs, 4+ vehicles, etc. I don't think either of these stores was even hit really.. it's like people didn't care.

I was happy to score the tan Trooper though

IN ADDITION, they are having a sale this week for BOGO %50 off..

You know you can grab their ad and bring it to Target and they'll match that price. I did this with every ROC figure I ever purchased, never paid full price for any of them. I'd do the same for Retaliation and the GI Joe trooper I bought, except there isn't another figure that I really want bad enough to go through the hassle.

IN ADDITION, they are having a sale this week for BOGO %50 off..

You know you can grab their ad and bring it to Target and they'll match that price. I did this with every ROC figure I ever purchased, never paid full price for any of them. I'd do the same for Retaliation and the GI Joe trooper I bought, except there isn't another figure that I really want bad enough to go through the hassle.

yeah, but I thought that the TRU ad would have to state the price per figure. It doesn't. I don't think Target will because they don't know if 50% off of their price is the same as %50 off at TRU.

Well,here's what I found yesterday.Most of the Walmart in my area were pathetic.Only 2 stores did their resets and nothing new.Both Target's how ever were loarded with figures.Now a buddy of mine found me a Cobra Trooper last Saturday.I also picked the red Ninja.That Walmart accidently put a wave out.Here's what I got on Monday at both Super Targets we have:

Both Blue and Black Versions od Cobra Commader

Both Version of the GI Joe trooper with the tan and blue mask

I also pick up the ghost hawk 2

Target has been the place for these.Not sure about TRU.I also got a Renegades Stormshadow in a trade.Costed me an extra Lowlight I had.

If you want the Retal figures,I would check Target.That was where I found a good portion of my stuff.

I checked my nearby Target yesterday and there was squat I will check a Super Target this weekend

An interesting article:

http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118054684

Key points,

the void in your toy ailes will be filled with Avengers and Spider-Man toys.

Managers not sure they'll order the same amount of figures come March.

Hasbro's not too worried because they have other "strong properties" that bring them money.

I think it's been about 5 days since I've said this and it's been waaaaaay too long without being repeated. This situation is F-ed UP!!!!

Which is why way back when marvel's toy rights when to Hasbro I was not happy. Hasbro is at the point were they are competing with themselves, this simply isn't good. There is no real drive or pressure to make Joe the best it can be an dmarket it properly, Hasbro nearly has a monopoly in the toy aisles (Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers and finally Joe) They can drop Joe and not get hurt at all, maybe even eliminate competition with themselves. be honest, how many of us would grab more marvel universe, or star wars figs to cope with the loss of Joe?

be honest, how many of us would grab more marvel universe, or star wars figs to cope with the loss of Joe?

To be honest, not me. Only SW I care about is original trilogy stuff, and every character for that has gotten made long ago. As for Marvel, I keep my superheroes 6" because I started with Marvel Legends and I ain't rebuying them all in smaller scale.