Your first time

Wheeljack35

I was curious what was the first time anybody here had ever seen star Wars...Back in the day we refered to just "A New Hope" but with 6 movies things have changed.

My very first time was in 1978 the re release of Star Wars and saw it at a drive in.I remember Star Wars being shown a t 9 and we sat through a 3 Stooges set of shorts before it came on.I remember my mother just sitting through the Stooges calling it stupid but she was rewarded for her wait because she did love Star Wars..or as it is refered to as today "A New Hope"

It is the very first movie that I remember seeing in the theatre. This was '77 and I was three, but I fell in love.

It will always be "Star Wars" to me, as I have disavowed anything with Jar Jar Binks in it.

I don't remember. I was only one when RotJ came out. Because of my brothers, SW has always been a part of my life. The toys are where my fondest memories are. Up until 96 when I got the THX remastered versions the only way I had ever seen the movies where bad quality recordings from off the TV.

I was born in May of '83 so my very first movie was ROTJ. Don't have a single memory of it, but do remember a VHS recording of Empire Strikes Back from HBO or something that I watched all the time when I was a youngster. It wasn't until '95 when the new POTF figs came onto the scene that I got my first boxed set of the trilogy and truly watched the first Star Wars film.

I first saw Star Wars in the summer of 1977 at the tender age of three-and-a-half years old. My uncle (whom in retrospect always reminded me of Han Solo, incidentally) had taken my brother and I along with our cousin to a drive-in movie to see it. I obviously remember very little about my first viewing, although I do remember my brother and cousin sitting on the roof (!) of the car and incessantly banging on it and hooting whenever Princess Leia appeared on-screen, and I remember getting in trouble for accidentally leaning on the car-horn and making every other car honk in unison during the movie. (lol)

I first saw Star Wars in the summer of 1977 at the tender age of three-and-a-half years old. My uncle (whom in retrospect always reminded me of Han Solo, incidentally) had taken my brother and I along with our cousin to a drive-in movie to see it. I obviously remember very little about my first viewing, although I do remember my brother and cousin sitting on the roof (!) of the car and incessantly banging on it and hooting whenever Princess Leia appeared on-screen, and I remember getting in trouble for accidentally leaning on the car-horn and making every other car honk in unison during the movie. (lol)

:P

I too watched all my first star wars movies on grainy Showtime recordings but it didn't matter to me at the time. I think my generation was better off for the fact that we didn't require an explosion a minute to keep up engaged in a movie. I thought the originals were awesome, I know every line from every movie to this day.

I was never the kid that had the Star Wars figures, though. I had two Ewoks, that was it. There were two neighbor kids that had a lot and I played with them. It would be another 10+ years before I made my own money, and had my own car, enabling me to buy almost all of POTF2 to make up for it.

HBO back in the early to mid 80's. I remember when I saw Return of the Jedi and that year for Christmas my Dad got me the Imperial Shuttle....he said it was Darth Vader's ship and my cousin got me Darth Vader. That was a very special Christmas that I will always remember.