Mystery DC character about to be turned gay

yojoebro82

There were evidence of Richtor being bi, but Shatterstar is a whole different story. Shatterstar was depicted as a stereotypical samurai - reads "asexual". Because of that and his buddy, buddy friendship with Richtor, he was Retconned as being gay. This upsetter Rob Liefield.

LOL, oh yeah? Well Rob Liefeld can get over it by looking at that huge check Marvel cut him for Shatterstar, and Cable, and Deadpool... :)

There were evidence of Richtor being bi, but Shatterstar is a whole different story. Shatterstar was depicted as a stereotypical samurai - reads "asexual". Because of that and his buddy, buddy friendship with Richtor, he was Retconned as being gay. This upsetter Rob Liefield.

LOL, oh yeah? Well Rob Liefeld can get over it by looking at that huge check Marvel cut him for Shatterstar, and Cable, and Deadpool... :)

Exactly! One thing I noticed about the comic book industry is if you don't want your character turn gay, either make him a player or give him a definitive gf/love interest With how Ricthor, Shatterstar, the mystery Dc character, and whoever else in DC who was turned gay because of a lack of a steady relationship with a woman.

Exactly! One thing I noticed about the comic book industry is if you don't want your character turn gay, either make him a player or give him a definitive gf/love interest With how Ricthor, Shatterstar, the mystery Dc character, and whoever else in DC who was turned gay because of a lack of a steady relationship with a woman.

Yeah, but Leifeld did make plans for Shatterstar's character. His plan was that Shatterstar was ASEXUAL. He had NO sexual interests or even human emotions. That WAS his character. He should have never been attracted to a man or woman. His entire persona was that he was ONLY a warrior and didn't have the same feelings as other characters and he struggled to fit in or understand how humans worked. Not only was Peter David turning Shatterstar gay/bi a slap in the face to Liefeld and any X-Force fans, it was BAD WRITING

I didn't know this was coming out next month I'm now wonderimg if DC was doing this to show up Marvel in some way

522795_462441683782749_100000507640541_1732323_460338589_n.jpg

how are all those X-Characters there when they are supposed to be fighting the Avengers?

Hot Lesbian fanservice is still a good read though. ;)

I dare them to make a comic book with a sloppy old lesbian trucker lady.

Here's a clip with the best of both those worlds... At the bar you'll see both "butch" and "lipstick" types...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5UZTOYTWk

Sure its not a comic book, but its from a great and very underrated movie called "Lianna".

Here's a clip with the best of both those worlds... At the bar you'll see both "butch" and "lipstick" types...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5UZTOYTWk

Sure its not a comic book, but its from a great and very underrated movie called "Lianna".

I found that movie on TV a few years ago. I put it on because I recognized the actress who plays Lianna, Linda Griffiths, from that MST3K movie, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

Yeah, but Leifeld did make plans for Shatterstar's character. His plan was that Shatterstar was ASEXUAL. He had NO sexual interests or even human emotions. That WAS his character. He should have never been attracted to a man or woman. His entire persona was that he was ONLY a warrior and didn't have the same feelings as other characters and he struggled to fit in or understand how humans worked. Not only was Peter David turning Shatterstar gay/bi a slap in the face to Liefeld and any X-Force fans, it was BAD WRITING

Yeah, but Rob jumped ship and went to start Image, leaving his characters with Marvel. His choice. Deadpool would likely have gone down a different (less popular) path had Liefled been left in complete control. He's fine with the "Merc with a Mouth" angle Marvel gave him, so you take the good with the bad. As far as David and "bad writing", I'll just say I disagree.

I didn't know this was coming out next month I'm now wonderimg if DC was doing this to show up Marvel in some way

522795_462441683782749_100000507640541_1732323_460338589_n.jpg

how are all those X-Characters there when they are supposed to be fighting the Avengers?

Probably the same way Wolverine is on 4 different super teams who are based anywhere between New York and off the California coast!

Yeah, but Rob jumped ship and went to start Image, leaving his characters with Marvel. His choice. Deadpool would likely have gone down a different (less popular) path had Liefled been left in complete control. He's fine with the "Merc with a Mouth" angle Marvel gave him, so you take the good with the bad. As far as David and "bad writing", I'll just say I disagree.

I agree. Before the other writers rewritten Deadpool as a crazy merc, he was basically a boring Deathstroke clone. In fact, just about every character that Liefield makes is an unoriginal copy of someone. For example, the entire concept of Youngblood was based on a rejected Teen Titans series. Like it or not, having Shatterstar getting into a relationship is character development. I wonder if fans would feel the same way about Shatterstar no longer being asexual if he had a relationship with Domino instead.

Honestly, having Shatterstar lacking human emotions without any development sounds boring and unoriginal

I agree. Before the other writers rewritten Deadpool as a crazy merc, he was basically a boring Deathstroke clone. In fact, just about every character that Liefield makes is an unoriginal copy of someone. For example, the entire concept of Youngblood was based on a rejected Teen Titans series. Like it or not, having Shatterstar getting into a relationship is character development. I wonder if fans would feel the same way about Shatterstar no longer being asexual if he had a relationship with Domino instead.

Honestly, having Shatterstar lacking human emotions without any development sounds boring and unoriginal

unoriginal? how? how many other characters out there are like that? having a relationship isn't an interesting character development.. it just makes him like everyone else out there... and that to me is more boring and unoriginal

Maybe boring should be bolded as I think that's the main point, but in his response Doom Saber mentioned three characters that could almost be interchangeable as they were originally conceived in Deadpool, Deathstroke, and Shatterstar.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2_5UZTOYTWk

I found that movie on TV a few years ago. I put it on because I recognized the actress who plays Lianna, Linda Griffiths, from that MST3K movie, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

Yea man she was foxy, and she still looks good now in my opinion. But Its funny cause in "Lianna" if you look closely there's a few scenes with a really young Chris Elliot, way before his SNL days... I have never seen OATMB or that episode of Mystery Science Theater, but wasn't Raúl Juliá in that with her? That movie sounds like its before "Kiss of the Spider Woman" or something.

Maybe boring should be bolded as I think that's the main point, but in his response Doom Saber mentioned three characters that could almost be interchangeable as they were originally conceived in Deadpool, Deathstroke, and Shatterstar.

no, Deadpool and Deathstroke were very similar. Shatterstar wasn't like either of those guys. Did you read X-Force back then? He was completely different.. only similarity was they both used swords

I never read X-Force, I was never a fan of X-comics. I was into Spider-Man mainly.

okay.. so come on.. I know they may LOOK like they have similar aspects.. but they have distinctly different characteristics and personalities

if anything, Shatterstar was a bit like Cable used to be back then

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2_5UZTOYTWk

Yea man she was foxy, and she still looks good now in my opinion. But Its funny cause in "Lianna" if you look closely there's a few scenes with a really young Chris Elliot, way before his SNL days... I have never seen OATMB or that episode of Mystery Science Theater, but wasn't Raúl Juliá in that with her? That movie sounds like its before "Kiss of the Spider Woman" or something.

Yes, that's an early movie, 1984, for Raul Julia, who does a pretty good job in it. The MST3K episode is one of my favorites, and I've gotten so used to OATMB that I bought a VHS of the unaltered movie.

shatterstar is also bisexual and so is rictor i think

unoriginal? how? how many other characters out there are like that? having a relationship isn't an interesting character development.. it just makes him like everyone else out there... and that to me is more boring and unoriginal

Having a character who is asexual without evolving is boring because there is not much one can do with the character before he is thrown into obscurity. All the writers can do with him is to make him not understand humans and fight. However, being exposed to humans on a daily basis would make him understand more, hence being like them and evolve into something more than a 1 dimensional character. I think it is natural progression. Comic books are basically soap operas for teens around the age of puberty, hence the convolutions plots and the oversexualized female characters. Having characters engage in relationships help readers connect and relate to the characters more.

Before Shatterstar was written as bi, he was in the land of obscurity. That is why there are hardly any characters in the comic world like that. They had quite a few, but they had ended up getting into relationships as a natural form of story development. For instance, Jon Jonzz can be seen as asexual despite having a family. It is no different than Shatterstar who was written to have a mate of some sort.

Other characters that are asexual, but not in comics:

Street fighter Ryu

Samurai Jack

Data from Star Trek

Other characters that are asexual, but not in comics:

Street fighter Ryu

Samurai Jack

Data from Star Trek

...and Jar-Jar Binks

Haha true.

There's more characters, but don't feel like naming them.