Mystery DC character about to be turned gay

yojoebro82

I'm fine with gay marriage and gay rights, but I still refuse to read a comic starring a gay superhero. Hot Lesbian fanservice is still a good read though. ;)

So does that make me both homophobic and a male chauvinist? Personally I think I'm just an average joe that still has balls.

• Like 1

Does anyone finds it funny that ppl care if a male superheroes turns out gay, but not a female superhero? Double standards much?

Most not all straight males like girl/girl I don't know of a straight guy who wants to see two men kiss.I have nothing against gays but I don't want to see them kiss even if it was drawn

Isn't that the problem though? Comic books are mostly made by men for male readers. Having Wonder Woman a lesbian doesn't help people embrace and acknowledge the alternative lifestyle. Rather, it straightens the stereotype of strong women portrayed in the media. It also doesn't help give inspiration to gay male comic readers - other than being a PR stunt, having more diverse characters help diverse individuals relate to them, hence giving them inspiration. The Blue Ear article is a good example of this - this is the main reason why I would love to see more diverse characters in comics. While it may be the majority, Not everyone who read comics are heterosexual white men.

Why would a straight man embrace the gay lifestyle? There are people out there that don't feel comfortable with that.Why should it be pushed onto them?

What will happen is they possibly will give up on the book if they don't like what they are seeing

Let's face it. A straight man is not going to be able to relate to the romantic feelings of a gay man anymore than a gay man can relate to the romantic feelings of a straight man (feel free to swap out woman in that sentence, too). It's the way we're born and a matter of genetics. One of my friends who came out in college had trouble embracing the lifestyle, though his fear stemmed from persecution. He fought and fought and fought his feelings, even dated my ex, a female, AFTER coming out, but it didn't work. He is what he is. He was banned by the church, ostracized by his friends, and now a staunch atheist.

DC is taking a risk here because I know there are many people that know little about, care little about, or uncomfortable with anyone who is gay and certainly don't want to see it invade their favorite shows, movies, and comics. And WE (that's all of us) will let them know our feelings on the subject with our purchase. Being 100% honest as a straight man that's not uncomfortable around members of the LGBT community, I'm not going to buy a new comic because it features and openly gay character. I'm also your typical fan of the big characters (Batman, Superman, Flash, GL) who rarely ventures from the usual unless really, really compelled.

I'm interested in seeing what happens. I feel this might hurt DC unless they create a very compelling story and character. There are people like me who might skip out just because I usually do with any character I don't usually read, and there are people who will skip out because they don't want to read about a gay character. The variable is how many people from the LGBT community will start reading because of this. We'll see.

See that is where I disagree, it isn't genetics but behavioral and it can be cured. I know many people are going to be in an uproar and say it isn't something to be cured but I believe it is, sort of like bad behavior. God knew what he was doing when he saw Adam and said man should not be alone and created a female. True romantic feelings can never be the same between the same. Men have something to offer that women to do not and the difference makes the perfect piece of the puzzle, men and women compliment each other in ever natural way possible, it is written in nature and it is written in the laws of God directly to man. As for your friend, more people should of tried to help him rather than banning him, there are places where men/women are cured and don't ever look back.

The average man just cannot relate in this manner and I don't see anything wrong with that. This is just like how in Superman Returns, Bryan Singer who is rumored to be __ had them design a rather ___ inspired outfit. That outfit was a complete turn-off for many, including myself and the backlash was extreme making the movie a failure. We cannot relate on that level and it messes us up, if Arnold was ___ could you of watched Terminator or the Running Man the same, for some reason the two don't mix.

DC has made a series of mistakes in the past couple of years, starting with Grant Morrison to this situation, I still love the characters especially Superman but it isn't the same for me anymore. Whoever is running the boat over there is an utter moron.

& this is where I gotta chime in again. SP80....you claim that being gay is a behavor & can be cured. You then go on to state that you can not or would not be able to relate to a gay character....yes? Well you just defeated your own argument with out even knowing.

1st the Genetics vs behavor: are squirrls & rabbits paranoid? Shoudl they be on medication to make them less jumpy?? No.....they should not. & that because nature provided many creatures with an ultra high state of awareness to work in concert with other anti preditor defences. These skills might be fine tuned by its parents, but let's face it......ITS IN THEIR GENES TO BEHAVE in said manner.

So why would nature make some people gay.....who can say?? & as for your God element to this.....I won't even address it. I know its pointless by now to try & make persons such as your self try & see the flaw in your social thinking. That your religion is but one of THOUSANDS all crying out for population planet earth to "heed its warnings". Yet the sad reality is your faith is just as intangable as the terrorist demanding the western world accept Islam as its religion......NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Religion denying the LGBT community its fair share of Civil Rights is concret & quantifiable. Your faith learning to live with the reality of gay marriage does NOTHING CONCRET OR QUANTIFIABLE that damages or directly impacts hetro marriage. This is fact.

Now on to your...."relatabilty" lol, of the LGBT community. 1st thanks for saying it cause I'm totaly cut & pasteing on a few other places. What makes it so....."point proveing" is in your own words you on one hand make all this claims as to what gay is & is not. But then in the same breath almost go on to admit you can not relate to being gay! So if you don't know anything about it, then how on earth can you claim to know what it is much less how it can be "cured" or even if its something that needs to be "cured"????

Like I said, you beat your self, I didn't have to lift a finger. :-)

• Like 2

See that is where I disagree, it isn't genetics but behavioral and it can be cured. I know many people are going to be in an uproar and say it isn't something to be cured but I believe it is, sort of like bad behavior. God knew what he was doing when he saw Adam and said man should not be alone and created a female. True romantic feelings can never be the same between the same. Men have something to offer that women to do not and the difference makes the perfect piece of the puzzle, men and women compliment each other in ever natural way possible, it is written in nature and it is written in the laws of God directly to man. As for your friend, more people should of tried to help him rather than banning him, there are places where men/women are cured and don't ever look back.

There is only a couple of times I ever heard about somebody changing..Years ago Boy George and another band member had a fling but he left George a few years later and married a woman and they had kids

The same thing happened on the lesbian side Ellen DeGeneres's old girlfreind married a man and had kids

I don't think they were "cured" I think they were Bi

Boy George did originally have a girlfriend before becoming famous, the drummer was John Moss and yes once he left the band he was straight from there on out. It can happen and it does, I don't believe a person is naturally bi, just confused and unresolved.

There was a guy on the Howard Stern show who says he was cured and now goes around helping others, it can and does happen, there is a CURE!!!

I can empathize with the plight of the black woman in America or any where else in the world. I can empathize with the physicaly disabled. I can even empathize with an abused animale in a kill shelter. But until I'm accutaly one of them liveing their live I'll never truely know what it is to be one of them.

Yet straight men tell gay men that something is wrong with them dispite the glareing reality of LGBTs being cranked out in the 100s of millions. We are the minority that exist in every walk of life....every corner of the globe & date as far back in time as time its self. & STILL conservatives clasp their hands over eyes, ears, & mouth in complete denial of the reality they live in.

Were here.....& we'er queer.

• Like 1

Yet straight men tell gay men that something is wrong with them dispite the glareing reality of LGBTs being cranked out in the 100s of millions. We are the minority that exist in every walk of life....every corner of the globe & date as far back in time as time its self. & STILL conservatives clasp their hands over eyes, ears, & mouth in complete denial of the reality they live in.

Were here.....& we'er queer.

What did I tell you about being political??

Stop it now!

• Like 1

I'm still hoping that its Captain Triumph who's gay....It will definitely increase the chance of an action figure of him!

Ok, everyone can go back to your political/non-political topic....

• Like 3

I'm still hoping that its Captain Triumph who's gay....It will definitely increase the chance of an action figure of him!

Ok, everyone can go back to your political/non-political topic....

You cant make aquaman homosexual...to easy.

I didn't know this was coming out next month I'm now wonderimg if DC was doing this to show up Marvel in some way

522795_462441683782749_100000507640541_1732323_460338589_n.jpg

which mutants are on guard duty for the Westboro nuts?

LOL if they showed up I would love to see Wolverine have fun :P

The next person to mention the words "conservative", "liberal" or "politics" is getting a hiding. Period.

If you're not talking about who DC's gonna mess with, drop it. Or Northstar's impending nuptuals. Anything about the real world is null & void in this thread. Or it will be locked.

I didn't know this was coming out next month I'm now wonderimg if DC was doing this to show up Marvel in some way

DC has a lot more to worry about than matching Marvel gay-for-gay. Their movies come out at a snail's pace and the big reboot stinks.

One couple I haven't heard mentioned is X-Factor's Richtor and Shatterstar. IMO, X-Factor is a great book, always like Peter David's work. When these two were first written as lovers, I was mad. I considered it (like I consider this DC nonsense) to be a ploy to get people's attention. As far as I knew both had been straight. However, someone pointed out that there was evidence in past back issues of Richtor's struggle with sexuality and Shatterstar's swinging both ways. Now, I have no desire to go on some gay fact finding missinon, but I took the person's word for it and assumed this was all mentioned in some issues I haven't read. If it's something that is in past stories that can be backed up, I'm fine with it. If it's a matter of, "Hey, I'm gay now!" ...not so much. Also, while the book did show some more personal moments between the two, they also kicked butt with the rest of the team. Which is good.

But now I think Richtor is swinging back the other way. Ugh....make up your mind, fictional characters!!!

I still say Capt Atom. If DC is following the trends in society then the repeal of DADT would make Nathaniel a perfect pick. Plus I thought it was totaly hot the way Superman shouted at the Cadmus trooper to...."DON'T TOUCH HIM.....HE's JUSTICE LEAGUE". Then picked Nate up after their heated battle & carried him off.

The whole thing screamed gay to me LOL.

I think a lot of us are forgetting that the character has never had a definitive girlfriend. It would be funny if it is one of the Superfriends since they are technically iconic. My guess would be Zan. Both DC and Marvel are known at ripping each other's ideas, so having a twin who looks like Northstar wouldn't be a stretch.

DC has a lot more to worry about than matching Marvel gay-for-gay. Their movies come out at a snail's pace and the big reboot stinks.

One couple I haven't heard mentioned is X-Factor's Richtor and Shatterstar. IMO, X-Factor is a great book, always like Peter David's work. When these two were first written as lovers, I was mad. I considered it (like I consider this DC nonsense) to be a ploy to get people's attention. As far as I knew both had been straight. However, someone pointed out that there was evidence in past back issues of Richtor's struggle with sexuality and Shatterstar's swinging both ways. Now, I have no desire to go on some gay fact finding missinon, but I took the person's word for it and assumed this was all mentioned in some issues I haven't read. If it's something that is in past stories that can be backed up, I'm fine with it. If it's a matter of, "Hey, I'm gay now!" ...not so much. Also, while the book did show some more personal moments between the two, they also kicked butt with the rest of the team. Which is good.

But now I think Richtor is swinging back the other way. Ugh....make up your mind, fictional characters!!!

There were evidence of Richtor being bi, but Shatterstar is a whole different story. Shatterstar was depicted as a stereotypical samurai - reads "asexual". Because of that and his buddy, buddy friendship with Richtor, he was Retconned as being gay. This upsetter Rob Liefield.