I'm not doing it......$8.97 is too much

RobbieDigital

This is a movie line, like all movie lines they are far less collector oriented.

ROC toys were a lot better than this. While they did come with the bulky rocket launchers, they also had a good variety of other passable accessories, detailed sculpts and actor likenesses, and the full amount of articulation. I'm not getting into the whole "I hate the Joes in black armor" argument, I'm just saying aesthetically, it was a better toy line. Is one movie line "Aimed at kids" and not the other?

Oh and I agree. They were also less than SW and other marvel movie hasbro figs back then too.

Draven

I would assume ROC was also aimed at kids and the ROC toys didn't sell very well. So you may have thought it was a better line but enough people did not.

This is a movie line, like all movie lines they are far less collector oriented.

ROC toys were a lot better than this. While they did come with the bulky rocket launchers, they also had a good variety of other passable accessories, detailed sculpts and actor likenesses, and the full amount of articulation. I'm not getting into the whole "I hate the Joes in black armor" argument, I'm just saying aesthetically, it was a better toy line. Is one movie line "Aimed at kids" and not the other?

Oh and I agree. They were also less than SW and other marvel movie hasbro figs back then too.

Draven

Star Wars is an exception to the rule, but Star Wars has certainly had cheap figures made over the years. Star Wars also may technically be a movie line but its one that has a life on it's own. Not many movie lines out their that can still release characters based on a movie from the late 70's.

This is a movie line, like all movie lines they are far less collector oriented. They are meant to sell to the masses, they are self-promoted cause of the movie, so retailers grab them up and parents supposedly buy them up. This is nothing new. As for price why would you expect them to be cheaper than any other figure line? Its true eventually they will likely go on discount but when have u ever seen a movie line sell cheaper in general? I guess I just don't get why you guys always act surprised by these things???? It's not a Hasbro thing it's industry thing and its been that way for as long as I can remember.

Why discourage any discussion at all...at this point? At least half a dozen folks are even discussing it. @loll@

There were 6.97 tags at the Wal-Mart where I got mine at too, but they rang up 8.97. I didn't fight it, ( I knew the prices were for the older Renegades stuff)

I agree with the ROC figures being better quality, but the movie was crap, and there was a TON of product put on the shelves. It seems to be the other way around, good movie.....crap expensive figures.

I mean maybe it just caught up with me, back in 2007 I became exclusively a Joe collector. Dropped Marvel/DC/Star Wars stuff from my collecting, didn't pick up anything new......I can't believe how much ML's and DCUC are, even those are crazy 15-20 bucks?? Nuts man.....it's not that I can't afford them.....I just choose not too. I mean DC Direct stuff used to be a lot at 15 bucks a pop, now thats the norm.....

Hmmm hopefully they do drop to that. WOuld make some much better. Clam I saw blue CC and blue Joe trooper in the case I cracked. Friend found a black CC and tan trooper case though.

Draven

thats what I want, the tan Trooper. I don't even want the one with the blue mask/cape...

I would assume ROC was also aimed at kids and the ROC toys didn't sell very well. So you may have thought it was a better line but enough people did not.

I think the ROC line had problems because of the movie designs. The toys resembled the movie looks very accurately, but the movie designs weren't very exciting at all.

It seems Hasbro has decided to go away from looking exactly like the movie designs for many of these figures. And perhaps that will prove to be a successful move

I'll keep an eye out for a tan one Clam. If I see it I will grab one for you in case you want it.

Draven

thanks man, I would appreciate it!

This is a movie line, like all movie lines they are far less collector oriented. They are meant to sell to the masses, they are self-promoted cause of the movie, so retailers grab them up and parents supposedly buy them up. This is nothing new. As for price why would you expect them to be cheaper than any other figure line? Its true eventually they will likely go on discount but when have u ever seen a movie line sell cheaper in general? I guess I just don't get why you guys always act surprised by these things???? It's not a Hasbro thing it's industry thing and its been that way for as long as I can remember.

Why discourage any discussion at all...at this point? At least half a dozen folks are even discussing it. @loll@

this is the second time recently we had an actual discussion going on these forums,a nd you come across as wishing us to stop. Jay, I don't always agree with but this is a little nuts. You do still want us to come to these boards and discuss things right? Heck, don't even read them if you don't want to! just sit back and get the money from the ads. If you want real whining or fighting, try visiting the tank some time! that place drives me nuts.

Found them yesterday at wal-mart. They had a 7.81 price tag, but rang up for 10.00$ so that's much worse than the price discussed on here. They would only let me have one at the 7.81 price tag, since I am isolated up here in Alaska i ended up taking them, but felt like I was robbed and cheated. I paid around 9.00$ for ROC and slightly under for POC. I look forward to moving back to the lower 48 next month, if for nothing else but toy prices! I will miss the eagles, bears and mountains though!

I had to go to Walmart and while I was there I picked up Zartan, Storm Shadow and a Joe Trooper (blue). While I wasn't thrilled with the price, I liked the figures just fine. The fact that Zartan is missing the ankle articulation isn't a big deal. I am however keeping receipts incase of future sales and /or lower prices.

The movie got postponed from June until March because of converting to 3D... What happens to all these toys that are coming out now and in the next few days? We going to see a 6 month delay until Xmas for wave 2 and Hasbro is going to tell all those stores and online stores not to ship or put anything out? :D

yeah, 9 bucks is too much. And Joes are supposed to be cheaper because Hasbro owns them and doesn't have to pay a license. I don't get how they can be the same as the Vintage Starwars and more than the MU figures.

Well, I'm sure they're paying likeness fees for The Rock.

yeah, 9 bucks is too much. And Joes are supposed to be cheaper because Hasbro owns them and doesn't have to pay a license. I don't get how they can be the same as the Vintage Starwars and more than the MU figures.

Well, I'm sure they're paying likeness fees for The Rock.

hmm.. you think so? I would think it's more likely that the actors had to release their likeness to be able to be in the movie.. That would be much more intelligent of Hasbro and the actors probably would happily give their consent to be able to star in the movie

but I don't know that much about these kinds of contracts

I was thinking about that but there is a ton of the stuff out already. They have been spotted and bought nearly everywhere already. My Target (6 of them) all have them out or either in the stock room (haven't gone to any of them yet to see if they have been put out yet). Kokomo is already shipping their orders and I guess we'll see about BBTS, HTS and the others in a few days. I'll probably end up holding on to them if I get the other case as well but not sure. Came out to more than HTS. I still need the other CC and Joe trooper too

I went out looking for them today, thinking that they would probably be out everywhere, or that they might be hard to find later.. or whatever. I just knew I wanted to get some of them and not have to worry about it later.

I went to Walmarts, nothing. Then I went to Target and they were sold out (none on the floor and none in the back). So I thought, cool, Target got the memo and they are selling them now. I went to another down the street and they wouldn't bring them out for me. I tried to explain about the canceled street date and the movie fiasco.. they just said they didn't get the memo.. even one of the managers told me this. He then gave me some BS that even if they brought them out, the system wouldn't allow a purchase.. and we all know people are buying them at Targets all over.

So I went to TRU down the street and they had put out some stuff on the pegs. They had about a case of figures, the Hiss, the new ugly green jet thing, the terrible motorcycles, and some role play stuff. I looked through the figures and was going to buy one of each. But then I decided that I didn't really need the figures without articulation for 10 bucks each. I wanted Zartan, Duke, and Roadblock, but the single knees and no ankles made me pass. I ended up only getting the Joe Trooper, Snake Eyes, and Red Ninja. 10 bucks is too much, but these were figures that I didn't want to take a chance on not getting.

Which Trooper did you find Clam? I am hoping my Target puts them out soon. Do they have a new DCPI? Or is it the old one. Can some one tell me please for I can check mine? I want to get the Red Ninja and Joe trooper.

Draven