Yard Sales/Garage Sales

wellll some detective work paid off.....I went to a community sale wayyyyy out east it was practically new mexico I tells ya.....a seller advertised that they were getting rid of marvel comics & toys & such....so I got up @ the buttcrack of dawn & w/sleepies in my eyes drove into the blinding sun looking for plastic goodness......they didn't open right at 7 & I stopped at 3 other(I found a nice student guitar for $10 I picked it up to play the opening chords to "Stairway" but was denied as some grouchy old man bought the damn thing right out from under me, soooo I had the item in my hand & the guy sold it to the old man who was standing there watching me? does that make sense? oh well alls fair in love & garage sales) sales before I finally found what I was looking for...just as I walked up some chick was buying up all the hotwheels....damn.....I step up this other guy is buying up all the comics. big stack for $1.50 (he had the nerve to argue w/the guy about having to pay 1.50 for about 20 comix)....damn damn....(the seller didn't open his garage till like 7:10 so I missed it initially & he didn't list an true address so I had to guess where he was in this large community sale) damn X3........so what he did have left wasn't to bad...gota couple of Marvel shirts for a buck a piece....& snagged up some Marvel Legends Toybiz figs....Storm & Sentry w/the BAF for giant man coolio......those were $5 apiece very cool....& a Super Size Spawn figure MIB for $10.....& a regular Spawn statue fig for $5 it looked cool so I bit....the guy also had some other Marvel Legends Toybiz figs....he had 3x Dethlok Baf Glactus, 2x Prof. X BAF Galactus, 3x Bullseye BAF Galactus 2x Electra & 2x Dr Strange BAF Galactus....all for $5 a piece...I wanted to scoop those up but I had to save some $ for my upcoming trip & just in case I run into a couple of SW Black 6" Stormys.......so it was with Great disappointment I left the rest.....later at another Gsale I picked up a couple of Warhammer Model Tanks, Sigma 6 Stormy w/battle locker & Gundam toy all for $1.....at the final sale of the day I picked up an Indiana Jones Whip from the last movie that makes whip sounds & has the music in the background very very cool for 50 cent....+ some old raggedy Hot Wheels one of which is a redline for 10 Cent apiece....not a bad haul this week....but I still cant forget about those poor poor marvel legends I left behind.....Murricah salutes you, heroes....& I shant forget you.....22566-new_rainfro.gif22566-new_rainfro.gif22566-new_rainfro.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't been out much lately as summer has rekindled the hate/hate relationship w/swampas$....so its fairly warm by 8 a.m. here....last weekend I found one of the Nerf Swords 2 handed swords barely used for 50 cent!....haven't given it to the kids yet cause I know they're gonna brake some shiii....a few weeks back I found one of those 80s generic plastic 1:18th scale cars....this one was VW buggy bright red, I'm sure it'll give any tot cancer if played w/for too long but it sure is cool....I love how you could detach the wheels cause they were connected together by a small metal rod so you could swap our bigger wheels w/other vehicles the only downside was snapping the plastic pinchers so the wheels wouldn't snap back and you were left w/an imaginary hover car + the doors don't open but the 80s joes fit real great in those.....I also picked up 1:18th scale Mustang classic style from another sale that week its one of the nicer display cars when you turn the steering wheel the wheels turn & doors open.....very cool that was 1 dollar & that came w/a Leatherface mini figure which I gave to a friend of mine cause he digs horror stuff.....this week we stopped at literally 6 g-sales before the heat turned us away...I snagged up a Adventure Time Sword & Finn & Jake figs for 2 bux not a bad deal I just need the Jake Shield to finish that ensemble off....

1351482622[/url]' post='16777380']

And Last but not least is my favorite..........the Shogun Warrior!! This is awesommmme!! Ive never had one before and it was only 3 BUX!! very very cool. I asked the guy why was he getting rid of his cool shiii & he said takes up too much space & just too busy to post them on Ebay.....my gain his loss, I told him I'll give them all a good home.....this one is my fave...he's my new child

powwowhalloween12024.jpg?t=1351482607

I found Raydeen and Mazinga at a garage sell too. I paid $1 for each and they came with all his pieces and box including the original warranty.

its a damn good feeling when a score like that comes along.....great find man....yeah this guy was missing his pieces....but I'm just glad I found one, haven't seen one since....

• 4 weeks later...

went out last week & found some cool stuff I paid way more than I wanted to but still came away w/some cool vintage toys....I found a few Hotwheels that I had back in the day...they weren't too used & a few of the Star Wars figs were missing heads.....I wished I had more time to look at them before I made my deal.....of course the sale was crazy w/other stuff but these were the only toys they had....some dude was selling off his & his kid's stuff....this always happens.... I find the one box that no one is looking at but the minute I start digging around & making a small pile of "buys" some other person walks up & starts sniffing round my stuff...some dude got pissed when he asked about the Hot Wheels & I told him no I'm gonna buy all of those....man his face got red....I told him there's some Star Wars stuff..."don't care about no Star Wars" was all he could say....then another lady started helping me look in my box so I just grabbed what I had & threw out a price.......anewayys I paid $20 bux for all this & some glow in the dark Construx pieces & Stickers......

SAM_1599_zps7d7020c0.jpg

SAM_1600_zpsea84387c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The Sheriffs cars are the coolest CTD.....I can't believe I found them after all these years....so I went out w/my lady last weekend & even though it was ballz hot outside even the devil was sweating on that Saturday...dry heat my arse.....we hit about 10 sales & I scored at only 1.....oh well its great therapy to dig through people's junk & shoot the dry breeze w/folks, I came across this stuff & I had to dig deep in this box....I did look like a giant hairless bear digging in vain for honey..the kid that was selling his stuff was like 4 yo & he had some choice stuff unfortunately he was a Dr. Sawbones & most of it had missing hands, arms, feet, heads, ect. ect......Toy story is true....anyways I paid 2 bux for all this...watta bahgain....

SAM_1682_zps0e925601.jpg

• 1 month later...

Star Wars Galore.....last weekend we stopped at a guy's sale & he had small amount of SW's figs in storage bags....while most of his stuff was high for garage sale standards I did manage to secure this Ewoks Box set still complete in the box.....I was these at TRU & I wasn't going to pay that price....I was able to pay $10 bux for this cool set.....

SW1_zps2d5d5a5d.jpg

The dude musta not liked Ewoks cause everything else he had was pricey....I usually don't spend 10 bux on stuff unless its worth it....great find though

okay this weeks sales were good to me as well.....It was ballz hot by 9 a.m. but I had managed to "stop" off at a Target in a galaxy far far away....I've only been into this Target once before which is rare for me but its wayyyyy south of where I live.....but I had to "use the bathroom".....my gf knows my tricks by now.....I ran to the toy section real quick didn't find much, No GOTG, Cap2, ASM2 or Marvel infinite figs or SW Black either....but on the way out of the aisle I spotted Christopher Reeves smiling at me!!....they had 5 of the them but 3 of them had paint splotches......what does this all have to do w/ Gsales?..well after we left that Target at one of the next Gsales I found these giants......very cool I scored the used Dewback for $5 & the TaunTaun for $2......the left leg on the T is falling off.....but still awesome stuff.....

SW3_zpse5237626.jpg

I only wish I they would've came w/their riders...cause the Dewback is AWESOME.....

SW2_zps7615e2ca.jpg

I found a StormTrooper at another Target later in the day....I used these guys for scale of course

• 1 month later...

This is last weeks take....at this sale I snagged up Finn the human w/Many-Faces spin-action for a buck I even scored an Jakks 31" Batman for $4 as well...his left leg is hinky but he stands up & that's all I need him to do...that & scare the religious door to door salesmen & maintain JUSSSTIISSE....

SAM_1867_zpsca2332e2.jpg?t=1414341227

Finns gotta a slight mustachio but I'm gonna take care of that....

This is last weeks as well...I got the Joe thermos for 50 cent...& the Hummer for $1.....I didn't get to this sale till 10-ish....wonder what I truly missed..he had an cool Civil War "green army guy" set...he even had the case w/the little cannons, barricades, flags, horses ect....great set but he wanted $8 ouch....I left the battle raging....

SAM_1865_zpsa4764927.jpg

The real Jem of last week was this.....I used Stormy for scale plus he hates tanks.....Stormy has been chosen by the Commander to decommission this one....I paid $2 for this lovely piece....I think this is the brand that used to sell at Target....this has actual rubber treads & compartments to cram your troops in like sardines....it made me forgive him for charging 8 bux for that Civil War Army Guy set....one post later the Battle still rages....

SAM_1864_zpsd7ce3f76.jpg

This week was a good one too.....it was fairly late when I stopped off at this sale & scored a rag-tag box of Real Ghostbusters finds.....you can really tell these toys were played with & loved....I scooped up the box for $15....the Ecto 1's are missing stickers & the right side door on both of them & the figures need some serious work but still great stuff....I never played w/these toys as a kid but I liked them all the same...

SAM_1857_zpsb3be58c9.jpg

And finally my last buy for the day was awesome.....This guy was putting up for the day & I had been by there earlier & he wanted $15 for the set....I came back & rescued the Crue from the sprinklers....the box was wet from the water...he dropped the price to $10...its all there except one tiny drumstick is missing & broken off of Tommy Lee's hand....

SAM_1855_zpsbaebeb86.jpg

• 3 months later...

First garage sale of the day, I found this...the rest of the day I didn't find shiii....but this was kool enough....he wanted 12 bux but I bargained him down to $10 for both....more ammunition for the man-cave....these are made of metal & the edges are nasty pointy....you could seriously cut someone w/it....I also scored a plastic travel box of Treasure Hunter Legos.....sort of a hodgepodge of Egyptian Tresure hunter sets for $5 which was awesome but I ended up cracking 3 finger-nails to open the steel-like plastic close-tabs....I was bleeding for my passion....

SAM_2079_zpsicxmiumy.jpg

Sooo there was an "killer sale" posted in my local area on craig's-list...garage sale w/Marvel legends, Robotech & a bunch of tasty items that made me get up an extra hour early so I could be the 1st weirdo standing in line the morning.....buttt these items weren't from that sale.....I showed up 5 mins late & the dude showed me a small box of figs that wasn't even close to what he had listed....when I asked he said he sold them all to some other guy the day before....doh'...893Homer-thumb.gif ...so I walked away slowly....sickened by the cold hard reality of missing out on the hunt.....butttt later on in the day, my lady managed to score this set of figs for $4 for the lot....the guy said if he had a son instead of a lil girl he may have kept them, he was kinda sad letting them go but I gave them a good home...circle of consumerism-ness......

SAM_2084_zpsdkbbhgjj.jpg

And another angle....

SAM_2086_zps5c0x84t4.jpg

And one more gratuitous shot...

SAM_2085_zpsqwg7zfqv.jpg

my one question that haunts me is, what kind of monster posts super-awesome toyz & then sells the super-awesome toyz before the super awesome toy sale?.....

my one question that haunts me is, what kind of monster posts super-awesome toyz & then sells the super-awesome toyz before the super awesome toy sale?.....

Yeah, that's a poor move. I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse, but if that's the case why bother with a yard sale at all? Just make it a general sales post and be done with it.

Sorry for your loss (or non-gain, anyway), GD!

• 5 months later...

The eggs aren't frying on the sidewalks like they used to.....its been a mild summer but ever still sweltering, hunting the boxstore grounds is laborious & frustrating if nothing comes from it....Online deals are tasty but QC issues keep me from emptying my cyber-cart...at the moment my collecting bug is on hiatus...so when things are down we seek retail therapy from the driveways of desperate strangers trying to rid themselves of their extra junk & make some moolah in the process......I'm always happy to oblige for some lil robots & plastic dudes....so these pics are an hodgepodge of sales I've been to over the last few months...its been real slow here lately..the people are content & holding on to their pop culture clutter.....

SAM_2206_zpskf1fcmit.jpg?t=1437790583

I paid $2.75 for all these slightly used beauties.....an grandma owned these & she only let her grandson play w/them on the way to & from church...

All I paid for this WatchTower was $3 bux...not bad for 2 expendables & some accessories...& some little kid was selling his stuff so he wanted to make me an offer I couldn't refuse...in his little Don Corleone voice...I see these towers at Big lots for $14 now...they used to be 10 then 12...

SAM_2210_zpsm3lgdviz.jpg?t=1437791308

There are times when I'm glad I trust the force & my back-up spider-sense.....we rolled up to an very quiet unassuming garage-sale...not a soul there....a strange mist had gathered on that early morning driveway....it was eerily quiet..no animal noises....no one around to spot that Rodimus Prime hanging out among his Robit cohorts.....I paid 4 bux for the lot.....

SAM_2209_zpst4ujofab.jpg

the thirst continues......in the meantime maybe I'll get a niece, nephew or grandkid to show me how to transform the rest of these damned things.....Edit: Crap...forgot to mention the other dude that showed up like 1 min after I had purchased this lot..he saw me fondling my Rodimus..cue high-hat...but I knew that he knew that I knew.....he was too damn late