Yard Sales/Garage Sales

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty nice TF haul. Looks like Rodimus even has rubber tires?

yup that's Rodimus w/the rubber tires....update....one of Rodimus's tires didn't make it in the drive to autobot city.....in my Kenny Rogers voice....* You picked a find time to leeeeve me loose wheel*....sooo now Rodimus is rolling w/a donut spare on that back rear tire....when Optimus cuts the budget to authorize umpteen trips to cybertron w/him & Alita-1 & that side action Ninja Robit Nightingale things like this happen.....Rodimus for Prime in 2016......Last weekend my dear sweet moms came along for the slightly used hunt....after sweating from every spot on my body I almost gave up till I found a sale where a dude has some Vintage Star Wars & newer stuff...he had an Hall Of Fame Snake Eyes from 5 years ago but he wanted 20 bux for it.....I complimented the dude on some cool stuff & moved on...at the next sale I score some Hot Wheels track sets(just like the one mom used to beat us with)...I paid $7 buxx for alot of track pieces plus a Battery Core Spinner? that keeps the cars moving.....after sweating out all my vital nutrients I passed out in someone's driveway & thought I was dreaming when I stumbled into a huge tub full of random legos & Halo brick Vehicles & an number of Halo mini figures & Bad guys....very cool dudes came w/their weapons too....Somebody's mom was "making space" after her oldest had gone to college....she wanted $50 for the lot & for some crazy damned reason I bit hard.....I actually had to use some muscle to get that tub in the car.......if you guys want to build an death star I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces....we just need the instructions...I even found quite a few Lego Stars wars characters in the mass of legos....

• 1 month later...

Here in the valley of the.....I believe the Pima Indians have a term for fall...its called still-ballzhot-out......today was no exception at least 100+.....ugg....but Community Sale season is back & I was ready....so I actually found an beat up Guitar Amp to practice on...for $10...very cool....I scored some Space Jam Stuff, Small Plastic Buggs & Jordan w/3 basketballs that attach to their hands...w/a Marvin the Martian Rocket sans Marvin though... *sad panda*...& at least 7 of those Mickey D's piece together toys... all for 2 buxx...the MtM rocket alone is worth that....aneeeways I was able to score these lovelies today....at one sale I heard whispers that the owner had an USS Flagg but no one is allowed to look at it ever.....nice...I understand believe me...

SAM_2223_zpsoue2qgq2.jpg

Now imagine Snow Capped Mountians w/lush autumn forest below....instead of water bottles....I recycle so I'm not a monster......I got him to bring this Black Hawk down to 3 bux cause its missing a door....but it's all good back in my day we didn't have seat belts & we were allowed to stand in the front seat all the time....even an occasional door missing didn't have people all PC'ed out.....well I got some Star Wars love all day so the G-sales were no exception.....

SAM_2221_zpsh0p7vfjg.jpg

Surprisingly enough I only paid 1 buck for this Lego Yoda Clock....its says Awaken you will there is no try.......I put my new stormy in the shot for scale & to welcome Master Yoda to the neighborhood....the thing about this sale was...it smelled like a natural gas leak & the prices were buttrageous...she wanted 10 buxx for some old very used xbox 360 games....outrageous-ness......all was well in the end & Rebel Alliance & the force will awaken on time......always @luke@

• 2 weeks later...

I paid round 10 bux for this assortment of items....including the past 2 pics......not too bad for odd ball finds....it soothes the savage hunter

20151010_172548_zpsvup5ivoa.jpg

And then there's this little guy....does anyone have a story for him?...I'm all cybernetic ears....all in all not a bad weekend of shooting the breeze & hunting for plastic men & robits....I also scored some blue ray movies for a quarter!.....I got Capt. America 1 & Amazing Spiderman & Bridesmaids for 75 cents.....can't wait till next week.....

20151010_172610_zps2iyzgnjs.jpg

Most of that is Star Wars, including vintage stuff. The mini-rig ISP-6 minus it's cockpit & Stormtrooper in that first pic, the smaller Darth Vader TIE is maybe the original Die Cast one from the 80s & the mini-rig CAP-2 there at the end.

Most of that is Star Wars, including vintage stuff. The mini-rig ISP-6 minus it's cockpit & Stormtrooper in that first pic, the smaller Darth Vader TIE is maybe the original Die Cast one from the 80s & the mini-rig CAP-2 there at the end.

Thanks JC for heads up.....I had a feeling the little grey robit was Star Wars.....& that Tie Fighter is the original Die Cast one....I had it as a child but the previous owner removed the Tie fighter's insides...I'm assuming it was holding a little plastic Darth in place but he's gone too.....Thanks again man....the only regret was the amount of stuff I wasn't able to go through at this sale....I ran out of time & money....

yard sale finds are the best! i love finding cool classic toys for dirt cheap! i only went to a few sales this summer, didnt find much, did find a few ninja turtles in excellent condition though. i never seem to find any good transformers though. next summer i will make it a point to go G-saling every week.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's been awhile since I've posted...I'll keep it alive yet....Crom has been good to me....it's been an brutal summer so far & the pickins have been slim so I'm posting them all together...these next few posting are all the cool shiii I've scored so far...the community sale season here is from Feb-March & Mid August-Mid Nov....I was able to secure an S-load of Hotwheels from some kid...he wanted $5 for the whole lot....

20160718_182619_zpsltbe8gms.jpg

the case alone was worth 5....great condition....

20160718_182608_zpsp1wr2ix8.jpg

I apologize for the blurry action.....

20160718_182539_zpssv40fs4j.jpg

He gave me an deal & I'm looking into opening my own used car lot to unload all these wonderful machines....

the heat can be a bully....but not strong enough to keep the determined at home....at 108 & above garage sales become more of an quest than an outing...plastic crack is what I'm after & I've been hunting....got this little grab bag for $1.00...star wars lego pieces & the Halo bots & random Mario were worth the dehydration.

6c0fb7f7-4803-48b8-8acd-601a74ef1643_zps

picked up this lot for $3 buxx...not to bad for odds & ends.....

20160718_192526_zpssfgde50y.jpg

I remember the original M.U.S.C.L.E guys....I think..I recall a bunch of us guys trading these back & forth back in the day.....another solid deal, I started to dig through an neglected plastic bag at a small sale & some random dude started to horn in on my deal...I played some slightly out of tune blues on a small student guitar...kid said I should be in Aerosmith...the rando bought the guitar & I got the toys

20160718_192545_zpsgrzsno9c.jpg

Some more goodness...tags are still on some of the figs....

20160718_192221_zps2wh1ilbu.jpg

At last...finally scored some Joe love....older father let loose some deals...I paid $1.25 for the Joe vehicle....somebody's gonna hafta give me an name as I'm too lazy to search it out....good stuff though....this is from the era that I stopped collecting...neon guns & gimmicks galore...

20160718_193214_zps722dbt1u.jpg

It says $3 but I got him to come down as it was almost 12 noon & he was ready to deal....this next set was a killer deal imop....I bought the lot for $17....collector deal...once the dude knew I was into joes (no pun) he was my friend...he coulda been one of the kids I used to play with in the dirt piles, diggin out forts & bases & backyard battles till the sun went down & locusts came out....

20160718_181824_zpspctvkdhk.jpg

got lucky at this sale......can't find too many people just giving up good joes for cheap nowadays....my my, the "30th anniversary class" was a time when Joes were flowing, tiny works of art almost leaving behind the childish aspect of tiny plastic men..or so I thought.....the 50th stuff kinda burned me out....I've seen early pics of whats ahead & the 3 packs look promising

Last but not least is one of my favorites...I was probably more into partying down & playing them dirty blues till 3 a.m. when this set was released when the movie came out but I snagged it up eventually....I gotta give credit to my girlfriend, it was near the end of the day & I didn't bother to get out on this sale...I'm in the car listening to car-talk on NPR..I hear my lady calling me, trying to be non-chalant, waving at me......I abandoned the A/C & ran to her....(if she's giving me the "get your arse" over here wave, I'm the Flash)no haggling or bargaining....I paid the man his money & down the road we went, trying not to crash the family roadster....my heart was beating fast as I was having an nerd-gasm haha.....

20160718_193555_zpsqgoace2f.jpg

When I see an sign boasting like this I have to walk right up to it & thank Crom or damn the heavens for misleading the wandering heroes.....it was worth it....I heard Beethoven's 9th...& nothing else....people were talking & I was in the Park itself watching the scientist's getting eaten alive by their prehistoric heathen creations, victims of science gone entertaining......

20160718_193916_zpsfepr7qp9.jpg

Chaos theory paid off....in full.....I'm waiting for Saturday & that blazing sun to release its treasures

20160718_193934_zpspfsaeapw.jpg

Sorry folks....Parks Closed...Moose out front shoulda told ya.....

• 2 months later...

Just did an small run over the weekend, didn't find much at a community sale..I paid 2.50 for these cars....I was just reminiscing about the "Boss Hog" caddy...then bam, I found it along w/some old school "metal" toys...I had some of these cars when I was a kid...I used to try & stuff the Little Green Army men in them....

20161009_204431_zpsuwovzc4g.jpg

Excuse the crappyiness of the overall pic...I'm no prof but I try to take clear pics....I can't believe the "Horns" survived on this old car......I'm fairly sure at one point I got "curious" & ripped the horns off...

20161009_204440_zps0risctuy.jpg

Can't remember family member's birthdays but I can tell you back in the day the "Boss-mobile" was usually the car who made it to the end of miles & miles of destruction unknown to man....I had losta hotwheels when I was a lad....my cool arse older cousin outgrew her choice Hotwheels collection....she had 2 different cases packed full of cars & one day she gave them to me....by then I had a small collection myself....Hotwheels & Matchboxes were good birthday fodder from classmates...they're cheap, & back then they were cool...they had little plastic car hoods that could open..universal symbol for broke down, cars with "damaged" flip panels, raising & lower back chasis (remember the cool hotwheels in the McDonalds Happy Meals?)...finally back to the end of the line w/the BossHog-Rider Vs the General Lee....Caddy finally blows up w/7 really different angles w/blast sound effects.....my older brother used to shake his head in disgust when I did this...haha goot times

and there's......Doom.....& not a very good version of Doom......$1 for Latverian King though....I'm guessing this is the "classic" comic book version of Doom...very fugly & true to the source material....

20161009_204617_zps5os0u6s9.jpg

• 4 months later...

As of late the pickin's have been slim.....or too expensive...I've been seeing decent toys in the sales lately but they're asking way more than I would pay for broken, bruised & used toys.....lady was charging 20 buxx for a small box of legos, another lady was charging 20 buxx a fig for very very used 1st gen Star Wars, I saw some of the small 3.75" black series figs mixed in....she wanted $130.00 for the whole lot....I just had to walk away .....so last week's g-sale trek gave me this little score for $7.50.....the vinyl figs were from Disneyland, the lady kept saying.....I thought they were odd looking.....I like odd looking.....I like the Beast fig but he's eternally doomed to look down upon his enemies...meaning his neck is stuck in that position...always staring at the floor intently....

20170211_185137_zps6rqpkxqm.jpg?t=148705

I was able to snag up 3 more Lego Simpsons figs from the 2nd wave....I think I'm missing Fallout Boy & one other....can't wait to see what else is out there this weekend....who doesn't love Hans Moleman?...Comic Book Guy was a the real score here...

• 1 month later...

Hit a few sales in the past month....there were some good items out there...but sometimes people ask for more than what I consider reasonable for heavily used...so I don't have much for now....I know December is a ways off but you can never get enough Star Wars....I paid $4 for which isn't too bad for Hallmark swag....

20170401_195333_zpspdvr1nfe.jpg

• Like 1

this takes me back....I recognize the He-man figs but there are a few odd "wrestling figs" in the mix.....it came from a reasonable seller...she charged me a quarter per fig....the weather was oddly pleasant & I felt good things about to happen....

IMG_20170401_200111_zpssvpn9ozm.jpg

I just happen to roll up to an "granpa/grandma sale"...meaning they have rugs & old uncomfortable furniture, 1001 different sets of glasses & salt & pepper shakers....untold stacks of bedding for a twin size bed....just odds that have no ends....but in the lone mix, grandma had a reasonable set of kids books & this odd box....the bright neon green catches my eye & it takes me a second to dust of the cobwebs....Crash Test Dummy's Crash Lab.....well at least most of it....sans the Dummies but plenty of Lab & the awesome neon ride....it's straight outta some Jimi Hendrix inspired alien jam & it comes apart if you breath on it...I asked "how much?".....she wanted 1 dollar....1 nerd-gasm later, I give her the cash & steal away......

20170401_195816_zpst5ucp2uw.jpg.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I hoped you scored something at your flea market YJB.....slim pickens Saturday is nigh.....bought these bagged HotWheels for a quarta a piece...even the Q-bert game is complete....I didn't know that I needed one but here we are....I'm thinking these are mostly cereal box HotWheels...can't say I'm that familiar with em'....if you can see them through their bagged goodness....I debated on opening them but I have a problem w/opening stuff, I'm a habitual on card & in the box freak...so in the bags they stay........I had a dream the other night I found some Micro Machines from back in the day....hope it comes true.....some men dream about changing the face of society & helping mankind....I dream about toys from my childhood...

20170430_000043_zpsewwcica2.jpg