What if Target kept selling DCUC?

Lady Jaye

Instead of or in addition to Matty's sub, what if Target said they wanted to keep DCUC as an exclusive?? Keep the BAF idea, each figure came with a piece, perhaps 2 full BAF per case, or one very large BAF per case??

Would y'all have supported it?? Would have wanted this instead of the subscription?? I know I'd probably still be collecting DCUC if this had gone down!!

Although we would be forced to get figures we wouldn't want, I think we'd have gotten a chance for a much larger DC universe presence on our shelves!! -_- Finished teams that got started, start teams that never did!! I think it would have worked out well!!!

• Like 1

Would y'all have supported it??

This term always strikes me as funny, maybe because I'm never completely sure what people mean when the term is used. Do they mean "support" as in--buy everything, or at least the vast majority of everything even if you don't really want it for the sake of keeping the line going? (Sometimes I think that's honestly what Mattel means everytime they cry for more support from fans). Or does it mean "support" by buying what you want? In which case I don't think anyone here has a problem doing.

I'll "support" any line that has figures I want that are done well. If a wave of 8 has ONE figure I want, I'll "support" the line as far as buying that one figure. So yes, if I saw something I liked (like the modern Green Arrow), I'll support the line. If I don't want it (like the rest of wave 20), then I won't.

I remember when GI Joe was at a low point in the early 2000's. Crap figures, horrible sculpting, wacked-out proportions, and some fans still called for people to keep on buying regardless, just to keep Joe on the shelves. Are you kidding me???

I'm pretty indifferent to whatever Mattel does now. Maybe because I have one good version of pretty much any DC character that matters. My Superheroes are in a happy place.

if I could have gotten a 1st Appearance Aztek, the Ray, Static, Vixen, Lashina, and a C&C sized Doomsday thru Target, then yes i would have supported it.

also, could a new All-Star line up that includes a new release of Starfire would help collectors to continue purchasing thru retail instead of a higher priced subscription format

I would have supported it for sure, it would have allowed fans to buy what they wished and pass on what they didn't want. I was a fan of the JLU line, and I supported those figures as Target exclusives, so I wouldn't have had a problem with this. I'd prefer to be Matty's so-called "Cherry Picker," since there are only a few figures left that I'm waiting on in DCUC.

I would get all the figures that I liked. That would be ideal for me because Target seems to be the only one that actually stocks DCUC now.

Same here.

Has Matty said anything new about this 'Wave 21' they came up with after deciding to postpone the new line? It's been weird not getting much new at retail that's DC related. Guess that'll change some, though, with the Batman push for Dark Knight Rises.

I would get all the figures that I liked. That would be ideal for me because Target seems to be the only one that actually stocks DCUC now.

Same here.

Has Matty said anything new about this 'Wave 21' they came up with after deciding to postpone the new line? It's been weird not getting much new at retail that's DC related. Guess that'll change some, though, with the Batman push for Dark Knight Rises.

It feels like the entire line is on life support. They haven't given anything but excuses for a while now. I was really looking foward the the new line, mainly Larflees and Red Robin. They haven't said anything about the Batman Legacy line or anything for that matter. All the stores in my area have removed all the DCUC from the toy ailes except Target and they just received figures from wave 6. I am not feeling to well about the life span of this line anymore, The move to Matty's site just feels like it's going to go the same as the Ghostbusters line. Then last week i read that BBTS is taking preorders for DC mini- figs made by Jakks

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JAK12395&mode=retail

Is Matty puling the plug or is DC pulling the line away from Matty?

Same here.

I bet if this Wave 21 does make it out it will probably be Batman heavy. I could see that superpowers penguin getting released along with a bat repaint, Clayface could get a single figure release, maybe throw in the Poison Ivy figure with flesh tone paint instead of the green. ect

That's what bothers me when I'm considered a cherry picker for only buying the MOTU figures I really want, but I collected every wave I could get on DC Classics, including figures I didn't want in order to get my build-a-figure. In the end, being someone that collected the line hardcore didn't do anything to save it. I think the next time around, I'll just be a "cherry picker", because regardless of what I do, Mattel will just do what they want.

To answer your question regarding Target, we don't currently have Targets in Canada and the Walmarts here never carried their so-called "exclusives". Actually, as far as Walmart Canada goes, the only DC Classics they ever had here was Wave 20 and now they're stuck with them. I agree though that if Target did keep carrying the line, we'd just see repaints of figures we already have.