Avengers Movie

Belmont13

There's so many possibilities for a sequel like Thanos taking the Infinity Gaunlet from Odin's relic room from the Thor movie.

I'd Ike to piggyback off that and add, that each extra scene is Thanos collecting one more infinity gem!!!! The final extra scene in the last movie before Avengers 2, shows Thanos putting on the glove!!! Like on the cover of Infinity Gauntlet 1!!!

You know what? I like that idea, it reminds me of the Iron Man cartoon when at the end of every season 2 episode Mandarin would find one of his rings.

I like the idea of saving Thanos for the 3rd film. Still have him in the 2nd movie pulling strings, but I think that would be a cool way to do it. Maybe have Ultron be the villain in the 2nd one

Just read through the entire thread, a few thoughts.....

~Saw it last night with my 11 year olds, all 3 of us loved it.

~Ruffalo was the start of the film, he completely stole the show and, IMO, he is perfect because the acto needsto be more Banner than Hulk. I felt the same after seeing Tobey in the 1st Spider Man flick.

~Hulk's contol/no control was weird to me as well, but as was said earlier in the thread could have been frenzied by Loki or, perhaps being forced to change by some trauma/injury makes him go bezerker but, as he alluded to, status quo is him being in a constant angry mood, he can transform at will and if he does so, he is afforded control and some of his cognitive thought processes?

~I don't understand the negativity or comparisons to DC films.... As I recall, none of the Batman or Superman movies are without fault. And the notion that scenes/storylines are stolen from preceeding films? My only response is: And? These are comic movies, there are not that many unique ideas left, and in general Comics are a medium that is predicated on imitation.

~I loved Blade Trinity. Hannibal King alone was worth the price of admission. But then again, anything would have been beter than Blade 2.

~My list:

2. Avengers
  3. IM
  4. Spidey
  5. X-Men: First Class

The movie was fun...I never thought I would ever see it happen in my lifetime.

Thanos is a favorite of mine but of course he won't be the same without Captain Marvel and/or Warlock in the movie.

You guys are forgetting, a good trilogy has the second movie be the darkest of the three!!! The one where the villain wins!!! I think if done right, Avengers 2 should leave the Avengers crippled and hurt!!! They should not save the day!!!

Then in part 3, new members come in, old ones are back up to snuff, and Thanos falls!!!

• Like 1

You guys are forgetting, a good trilogy has the second movie be the darkest of the three!!! The one where the villain wins!!! I think if done right, Avengers 2 should leave the Avengers crippled and hurt!!! They should not save the day!!!

Then in part 3, new members come in, old ones are back up to snuff, and Thanos falls!!!

The difference is if the 2nd movie leaves them crippled and hurt, what about Cap 3, Thor 3, and a possible Iron Man 4?

these plug-n-play cliches for trilogies must stop. More than boring, it's become just poor screenwriting.

these plug-n-play cliches for trilogies must stop. More than boring, it's become just poor screenwriting.

Yeah, I have to respectfully agree here. Just because that's how the Star Wars trilogies went doesn't mean other trilogies can't try to come up with something new.

Well it did quite well for the Dark Knight?? One of the best comic movies ever, and one of the greatest villains ever too!! it ended on a low note.

But you do bring up a good point, Big Bot!! What happens to the part 3 for many of the character's respective movies??? Either they wait and film Avengers 3 right after Avengers 2?? Or they make A2 a stand alone movie and introduce yet another villain for the third film, which I would be dissapointed in. I mean what greater threat than a universal one?? Which I hope is the case with Avengers 2!!!

Just read through the entire thread, a few thoughts.....

~Saw it last night with my 11 year olds, all 3 of us loved it.

~Ruffalo was the start of the film, he completely stole the show and, IMO, he is perfect because the acto needsto be more Banner than Hulk. I felt the same after seeing Tobey in the 1st Spider Man flick.

~Hulk's contol/no control was weird to me as well, but as was said earlier in the thread could have been frenzied by Loki or, perhaps being forced to change by some trauma/injury makes him go bezerker but, as he alluded to, status quo is him being in a constant angry mood, he can transform at will and if he does so, he is afforded control and some of his cognitive thought processes?

~I don't understand the negativity or comparisons to DC films.... As I recall, none of the Batman or Superman movies are without fault. And the notion that scenes/storylines are stolen from preceeding films? My only response is: And? These are comic movies, there are not that many unique ideas left, and in general Comics are a medium that is predicated on imitation.

~I loved Blade Trinity. Hannibal King alone was worth the price of admission. But then again, anything would have been beter than Blade 2.

~My list:

1. Avengers
  2. IM
  3. Spidey
  4. X-Men: First Class

Of course you don't see the comparisons just by looking at your movie list..........

While Thanos is awesome, I kind of hope they build up a Masters of Evil vs. The Avengers with all of the solo movies. All the while, Thanos is tracking down the Infinity Gems throughout the ending scene of each.

• Like 1

Well it did quite well for the Dark Knight?? One of the best comic movies ever, and one of the greatest villains ever too!! it ended on a low note.

But you do bring up a good point, Big Bot!! What happens to the part 3 for many of the character's respective movies??? Either they wait and film Avengers 3 right after Avengers 2?? Or they make A2 a stand alone movie and introduce yet another villain for the third film, which I would be dissapointed in. I mean what greater threat than a universal one?? Which I hope is the case with Avengers 2!!!

I remember in an interview with Joss Whedon he was asked how the sequel would look. His reply was that he was going to go smaller. The idea is to focus the movie on the Avengers and their relationships instead of just trying to be bigger than the first one. I'm interested to see how this take works.

• Like 1

Apparently shawarma sales have gone up since the release of the movie...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/avengers-shawarma-scene-i_n_1500762.html

...just saw it again over the weekend and it got me thinking, if Thanos is going to be the main villain in the Avengers sequel they should at least slowly introduce him or go into his background a little in the next upcoming Marvel movies since most of the audience I was with was like "who?" when that scene showed up.

I also noticed at certain points Hulk seemed to have this ape-like posture. It's ultimately not that big of a deal, but it was bugging me for some reason.

Oh and this time around, the audience was smaller so I actually heard Hulk say "puny god" after shutting up Loki :-P

I remember in an interview with Joss Whedon he was asked how the sequel would look. His reply was that he was going to go smaller. The idea is to focus the movie on the Avengers and their relationships instead of just trying to be bigger than the first one. I'm interested to see how this take works.

oh, Joss...if this was tv: cancelled.

I'm down with Wheedon's line of thinking here. In fact, it's suprisingly refreshing. How many times have we seen sequels where the director boasts "We're going BIGGER than the last one!" (Michael Bay? Revenge of the Fallen? Anyone...?)

The movie will already have good actors playing our favorite characters. If the story is good, it will succeed.

• Like 1

I'm down with Wheedon's line of thinking here. In fact, it's suprisingly refreshing. How many times have we seen sequels where the director boasts "We're going BIGGER than the last one!" (Michael Bay? Revenge of the Fallen? Anyone...?)

The movie will already have good actors playing our favorite characters. If the story is good, it will succeed.

This was my line of thinking, too.

Avengers 2 will be "Cap's Kooky Quartet" with Cap, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver!!

(I'm kidding).

Once Edgar Wright gets off his duff and makes AntMan, I'd like to see Ultron and Vision in the sequel(with Thanos still pulling strings) and then have Thanos as the big bad in A3.

Also, as much as I love Cap, IM, Thor, etc and all the storytelling possibilities sequels can afford, I want to see the Marvel U expand. Give us Namor, and Black Panther, and WonderMan, and Captain MarVell. Give us Deathlok! Luke Cage! Iron Fist!

@faint@

I like Ebert and respect that final paragraph.

Here is what Forbes had to say:

http://www.forbes.co...-doesnt-matter/

Wow, I agree with some of what this guy says in the forum, 1st post. I liked it more than he did but I agree with how overall bland it was.

http://www.breathehe....php?tid=505636

Um...exactly what part of the last paragraph do you agree with? That he's lumping all of us, who enjoy comics, into the stereotypical "virgin nerd who m@sturbates to drawn images, and still lives in their parents' basement?"

Hmmm...I think you're just trying to stir the pot, but I'm glad you made the effort. @lol@ @smilepunch@

No need for me to attempt to stir any pot here on TNI, the mob is always out to get me.

This is me on TNI

:P

This is what happens when I talk because some can't take it

@grumpy@

This is what they do, fire off negatives, gang up and stuff like that

@pun@

actually, I think what happens is that you see a bunch of people enjoying something and you run in to try to ruin the fun for everyone. You made your opinion of the movie known with your first post, and then you continually keep coming on to try to tell other people why it's not as good as they think it is or how it ripped other things off.

other people liked it more than you. we get it. your act is getting old

Who are you? You asked if the movie was really good or was just fans convincing themselves then point out that you never seen any reaction to a movie like this before that pretty much answered your question and everyone has different opinions on which are the best superhero movies you probably think Catwoman or Batman and Robin tops the list.

he is a troll.. and somehow has the same IP address as another member that posted in this thread... so let's all just let this go and ignore him

I FINALLY saw this movie today and I can say that I LOVED it. I wasn't expecting to like it nearly as much as I did. I admit that I am always somebody that nitpicks movies for lots of reasons, but for this movie, I was able to easily overlook them. It was pretty great from start to finish. I thought it was very funny with plenty of witty dialogue and hilarious moments. The action was also great all around.

But everybody has already said the things I loved about this movie. It might be my favorite comic movie ever now, if it isn't, it's right up there with the Dark Knight. (But I think it can't touch the DK in some areas, such as styling, music, cinematography, etc. You just watch the DK and you know that it's ART). Avengers was a bit more of a popcorn movie, but it was fantastic.

Now, for the few things I didn't like about it:

Captain America's costume - it is an improvement over the first one, but it still leaves alot to be desired. I think it is mostly the material, it was ill-fitting and looks homemade. I also don't like the zippers and flaps showing, and still hate the helmet thing without the wings. They should have gone for the same kind of material that Spiderman's costume is made of. AND gone with the classic look. So much better.

The lack of Thor - Thor had some good moments, but he wasn't as big a part as I thought he would be at all.. especially considering Loki is his brother. Also, he played a very minor part in the main battler. I was watching this thinking that Thor could have wiped out the entire alien army by himself as they came down the portal. But he barely displayed any of his sheer power in that fight.

Too much Ironman - Ironman was by far the most featured Avenger. It wasn't as bad as the Xmen movies STARRING Wolverine, but he got too much story, screentime, and took too much of the fight. It was almost like Ironman was Loki's brother.

The Chitari - I just didn't like them as they don't mean anything in the real comics. They seemed equally unimportant in the movie. I mean they were just thrown in there to be able to have a massive fight scene. Their entire involvement in the movie was underdeveloped IMO. I understand that they might not have been able to use Skrulls because of the FOX license, but maybe even Frost Giants would have been better. At least we know them and they have a personality. But of course, I guess we needed them to be cosmic aliens for the Thanos connection to work.

How easy it was for Hawkeye to take down the Hellicarrier

but still a great movie, and the kind that you can watch again and again. Loved it!

I know what you mean about Iron Man, Clam whenever he popped up on the screen everyone cheered and whooped specially in the fight against Thor, I remember thinking: "you people know that Thor can kick Iron Man's @$ any day of the week, right? But I guess that's the downside about the Iron Man movie being successful. The Chituauri are Marvel's loophole to having Skrulls since they are the Ultimate universe version of Skrulls but yeah they were pretty much means to an end both for Loki and the movie makers.