Avengers Movie

Belmont13

Sequel IS coming (of course) maybe 2014

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/avengers-2-officially-happening-makes-702-million-224900761.html

IM 3 and Thor 2 next year. I can't believe Downey Jr. is up for this on almost a yearly basis. I guess the money never gets old (that wasn't a shot at him and it wan't a complaint either)

• Like 2

saw the Avengers today...it was pretty fun, at least in the action and getting caught up in seeing childhood faves duke it out.

it was a bit long, a few wiggle spots in the helicarrier scenes early on. Sorry, ScarJo/Hawkeye(didnt know Daniel Craig had an equally haggard looking brother?) scenes meant nothing to me...anytime the big heroes were offscreen i got a lil bored.

Loki tricked by ScarJo's "acting?" uh huh...

not sure i buy Coulson being the push that gets the team in the action... i mean, i get that the audience has come connection to him because he was in the other movies, but the heroes statedly didnt know him very well. they might as well have killed off and got sappy over Galaga guy.

Harry Dean Stanton...cool! Hey, and a Growing Pains kid!

like stated by many before, not sure i buy Hulk's control from one scene to the next...yaknow, from beating on the heroes to becoming team player. but thats a minor gripe because this was the best movie Hulk so far!

Captain America was far more interesting in this movie than he was in his own film...though im not sure why he's the only one who got a very brief flashback summary of his emotional baggage, especially since they didnt deal with it in either movie.

I look forward to the big baddie reveal in the sequel...though we've got a loooong way to go, since the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer need to be rebooted first and need to be involved. Hope Spidey isnt too busy whining over his parent mystery to join in the fun!

PS- saw it in 2D with a full audience at 3pm on a tues afternoon. I refuse to pay for crappy 3D. Even when the theatres have 3x as many showtimes in 3D and limit the 2D showings...I will go out of my way to avoid it.

If Fox and Sony were smart, they'd jump on the bandwagon and start working more closely with Marvel/Disney to unify the Marvel Movieverse. Then EVERYBODY makes a buttload more money with each film.

Then when they do big crossover films like AvsX they can defray the costs by splitting it between two studios.

Sadly, all Studio heads are big idiots with bigger egos and would have all of NOTHING, than 50% of ALL the money, ever.

i saw the movie and they did copy dc stuff. the movie was long and i got tired by the time it got to the end and there were a lot of inconsistencies

hulk had no control then he had it and that made no sense

widow was boring and hawkeye was ugly and old, plus he had an unlimited supply of arrows. at the least they could of made him find something else to use, smart writers would of made something up

also where was thor, oh yeah he was in the movie but he wasn't himself i got confused

the fight scene between hulk and thor ws short but it was epic when thor hit hulky with his hammer

i think marvel fans are just angry that nuclear man can beat the avengers, all he has to do is throw the statue of liberty on them and they are all dead.

i hope spiderman and dark knight are better than the avengers because avengers was slightly better than fantastic four

Bruce Banner was not really acting like himself, hence him grabbing the scepter and not noticing, so the way I see it he was in some sort of influence in the helicarrier at first(since Loki's plan was unleashing Hulk on them) and then well you don't shoot at the Hulk even from a plane.

i saw the movie and they did copy dc stuff. the movie was long and i got tired by the time it got to the end and there were a lot of inconsistencies

hulk had no control then he had it and that made no sense

widow was boring and hawkeye was ugly and old, plus he had an unlimited supply of arrows. at the least they could of made him find something else to use, smart writers would of made something up

also where was thor, oh yeah he was in the movie but he wasn't himself i got confused

the fight scene between hulk and thor ws short but it was epic when thor hit hulky with his hammer

i think marvel fans are just angry that nuclear man can beat the avengers, all he has to do is throw the statue of liberty on them and they are all dead.

i hope spiderman and dark knight are better than the avengers because avengers was slightly better than fantastic four

I respect your opinion, but I did want to mention that Hawkeye did run out of arrows. To use his grapple arrow he had to pull one from a dead Chitauri's carcass.

Speaking of Hawkeye, I didn't think his character was particularly interesting, but his quiver was awesome. I loved how a button press on his bow chose the arrow tip and attached it before he pulled it out.

To your first point about Hawkeye, what do you call the scene where he uses up all his arrows? Not to mention he uses his bow to cycle through the various arrowheads he has in his arsenal. I'd say the writers did a good job with Hawekeye's "power."

To your second point, who cares? Supes could probably beat all the movie Avengers, and it doesn't matter. It's a Marvel film, not a DC film.

I agree with Jangonate, I think his character was more interesting in the 5 min. cameo in the Thor movie.

@WheelJack Avengers and X-men would be awesome but Fox still has those rights.

How about an Avengers /Xmen movie?

no it would just be a Pheonix Ressurected thing like the Avengers vs X-men comic

I loved it. Totally met my expectation and the packed house in a 2d showing and applause at the end seems many agree. I really was surprised how big of a role Widow and Haweye had. And I LIKED that a lot. BW really stole the show. Did not expect to like her in this that much. Hulk was awesome as hell too. Makes sense to me that he gained some control.... that was touched on when he was told he could control it to embrace it. He did.

Draven

I think the thing about the Hulk is the first it was more of an emotional response to the situation. He had just been arguing with the other characters and the the explosion, well Banner lost focus and the Hulk just took over and lashed out. Where as the second time Banner was in control when he switched over to the Hulk and that might have let him have a little more control over him.

BTW. saw it twice. First time was at the drive in with my kids, which was crappy but nice (hey $10 carload for my son, daughter and nephew). Then again yesterday in Imax 3D (so that I could actually watch the movie).

You still have aDrive in that sweet! I first seen Star Wars in 1978 in a Drive in

We had one here where I live too, up until two years ago. Now they use it as a farmer's market during the summer. :(

with everyone seeing this movie multiple times i wonder if it really is that good or do people just want to convince themselves that it is good. i never seen a reaction like this. so how does this movie rank compared to all the other existing superhero movies

Yeah,it's the only one around here and it's pretty close to my house. They open in early March and stay open until October. Usually they have $10 carload nights from March until Mid-May , then again from the end of August until they close for the season.

with everyone seeing this movie multiple times i wonder if it really is that good or do people just want to convince themselves that it is good. i never seen a reaction like this. so how does this movie rank compared to all the other existing superhero movies

1. Iron Man

2. The Avengers

3. Batman Begins

4. The Dark Knight

5. Thor

First movie in more than a decade that I saw multiple times at the theaters... I also go all out with food and drinks so believe me I don't just convince myself this is a good movie with prices these days... Note that I have not seen X-Men First Class...

1. Iron Man

2. The Avengers

3. Batman Begins

4. The Dark Knight

5. Thor

First movie in more than a decade that I saw multiple times at the theaters... I also go all out with food and drinks so believe me I don't just convince myself this is a good movie with prices these days... Note that I have not seen X-Men First Class...

question, how old are you

I think you answered your own question at least the first, as for the second it's a matter of opinion.

I think you answered your own question at least the first, as for the second it's a matter of opinion.

captain of the avengers defense league

1. Iron Man

2. The Avengers

3. Batman Begins

4. The Dark Knight

5. Thor

question, how old are you

Early 30's...

Who are you? You asked if the movie was really good or was just fans convincing themselves then point out that you never seen any reaction to a movie like this before that pretty much answered your question and everyone has different opinions on which are the best superhero movies you probably think Catwoman or Batman and Robin tops the list.

• Like 2