Avengers Movie

Belmont13

@faint@

I like Ebert and respect that final paragraph.

Here is what Forbes had to say:

http://www.forbes.co...-doesnt-matter/

Wow, I agree with some of what this guy says in the forum, 1st post. I liked it more than he did but I agree with how overall bland it was.

http://www.breathehe....php?tid=505636

Um...exactly what part of the last paragraph do you agree with? That he's lumping all of us, who enjoy comics, into the stereotypical "virgin nerd who m@sturbates to drawn images, and still lives in their parents' basement?"

Hmmm...I think you're just trying to stir the pot, but I'm glad you made the effort. @lol@ @smilepunch@

No need for me to attempt to stir any pot here on TNI, the mob is always out to get me.

This is me on TNI

:P

This is what happens when I talk because some can't take it

@grumpy@

This is what they do, fire off negatives, gang up and stuff like that

@pun@

• Like 3

As I said I saw it again last night (I was tired and didn't feel like typing anything much). I was able to take in a lot more this time around. I actually really enjoyed Cap's costume. Don't know what it was the first time it bothered me, but this time it looked better. I did see it in 2D this time instead of 3D. I recommend seeing it in 2D. 3D just makes everything dark looking. I actually got to stay till the end this time and saw the swarma scene. Very funny stuff. It was amazing the scene between Loki and Hulk got so many laughs. I was enjoyed to watch it and see the audiences reaction this time around.

Cap's costume just looks weird from the back. It's just all blue, no red and white going around and no white star on the back. I wonder why it was designed like that?

I don't have any problems with the suit, but I do think this detail very strange. It's as if they just forgot to finish it or something.

Cap's costume just looks weird from the back. It's just all blue, no red and white going around and no white star on the back. I wonder why it was designed like that?

I don't have any problems with the suit, but I do think this detail very strange. It's as if they just forgot to finish it or something.

I started a thread earlier in the marvel forum about Cap's costume. The mask is what I don't like about it. Originally the ears were visible as can be seen in almost all of the promo art, but they went with a more helmeted look and I just think it looks bad

Who here seen it in 3D? I saw it in 2D I'm not a 3D fan

I saw the 2D version. 3D is awesome, but ONLY if the movie was filmed for 3D...which Avengers was not. It was filmed in 2D and converted to 3D.

2D converted to 3D just makes everything look blurry and dark.

I started a thread earlier in the marvel forum about Cap's costume. The mask is what I don't like about it. Originally the ears were visible as can be seen in almost all of the promo art, but they went with a more helmeted look and I just think it looks bad

I agree. The costume itself didn't bother me...just the mask. It seemed really...off...

@faint@

I like Ebert and respect that final paragraph.

Here is what Forbes had to say:

http://www.forbes.co...-doesnt-matter/

Wow, I agree with some of what this guy says in the forum, 1st post. I liked it more than he did but I agree with how overall bland it was.

http://www.breathehe....php?tid=505636

Um...exactly what part of the last paragraph do you agree with? That he's lumping all of us, who enjoy comics, into the stereotypical "virgin nerd who m@sturbates to drawn images, and still lives in their parents' basement?"

Hmmm...I think you're just trying to stir the pot, but I'm glad you made the effort. @lol@ @smilepunch@

No need for me to attempt to stir any pot here on TNI, the mob is always out to get me.

This is me on TNI

:P

This is what happens when I talk because some can't take it

@grumpy@

This is what they do, fire off negatives, gang up and stuff like that

@pun@

that stirs the pot!!

Who here seen it in 3D? I saw it in 2D I'm not a 3D fan

2D for me...less blur, i want the shot to look good without having to rely on attempts at 3D!!

• Like 1

I'm actaully thinking of grabbing the figures I usually never collect Marvel..The only Marvel figure I got in the last 20 years was a 6 inch spiderman the has magnets on his hands and feet and I love posing that sucker on the fridge :P

I woudn't be suprised if it was tweaked for Cap 2.

Speaking of: How about a Winter Soldier plot for his sequel? I liked the guy that played Bucky and that storyline would rule on the big screen!

I think Sebastian Stan signed on for more than one movie, Joe Johnston even said that he liked the Winter Soldier story and wouldn't mind incorporating it into a sequel.

Speaking of: How about a Winter Soldier plot for his sequel? I liked the guy that played Bucky and that storyline would rule on the big screen!

I think Sebastian Stan signed on for more than one movie, Joe Johnston even said that he liked the Winter Soldier story and wouldn't mind incorporating it into a sequel.

Then let's get 'er done! Also, bring the actress that played Carter back, dye her blond and make her the ganddaughter Sharon. She was a hottie!

• Like 1

Then let's get 'er done! Also, bring the actress that played Carter back, dye her blond and make her the ganddaughter Sharon. She was a hottie!

Actually, I think the Agent that appeared at the end of Captain America was supposed to be Sharon Carter, she resembled Peggy and when Steve breaks out of the SHIELD safehouse she calls for a code 13. I actually expected her to show up in the Avengers, Damn shame since Amanda Righetti was pretty darn cute and yeah Haley Atwell is a hottie.

I agree with you guys, there was something about the mask!! I didnt like it. I actually liked the Cap movie mask!!

While its not my movie, I grew up with these guys, probably one of the last generations to do so!! So I have a sense of pride that it did so well!!! Well done Whedon!!!

I don't know why but I just didn't enjoy the movie as much as I thought I would. I thought the plot was to plain for an Avengers movie and I could guess what would happen next. My wife and kids enjoyed it, so did my brother-in-law and his family. After seeing the Avengers my son is running around screaming he is the Hulk so I bought him those new Hulk fists and I noticed they are not nearly as good as the originals, the new ones are smaller and less developed.

I was one of the people who watched the bootleg online. A decision I sorely regret. I wish I waited and watched it the first time in theaters, because you missed a lot watching the poor quality bootleg. For example; near the end when Thor picks up his hammer in that field and he raises it to the sky and the lighting bolt strikes it. On the bootleg it looked like the studio is trying to say 'Hey! look at this cool CGI! Remember he has lighting powers?', but watching in good quality you can see the armor building on him giving that whole scene purpose.

I dont think Agent Coulson is dead... I think Fury took the opportunity to motivate the team... I remember hearing he was signed on to do 12 plus Marvel films...

I have heard he's not really dead as well.

Way I see it; since Nick Fury was willing to get the trading cards out of his locker and then lie to the team saying he had it on him, justifying it by "They needed the push", then I can also see Fury lying about the medical team being able to save his life because well "They needed the push", or something like that.

A little slow to start off would be my main gripe!! Well that and Agent Coulson!! But I had the misfortune of reading so I knew it was coming!!! The Chitauri were weak. Would have loved the Skrulls!!

Best parts:

Loki vs Hulk!!! Got the biggest cheer and laugh out of the audience!! So much so no one knew what Hulk said!! Seeing Loki lying there, in agony, priceless!!!

The Hulk out of no where punching Thor

Cap giving the team direction and telling Hulk to smash :P

I did NOT like how the Hulk was handled in this movie. The Hulk scenes seemed to contradict themselves.

I thought the movie was good, and I agree with not caring much for coulson, the slow beginning (car chase was boring), I didn't care for Hawkeye either.

I agree with many of the positive comments BUT what bothers me the most is that the movie felt like a DC Justice League movie.

The whole thing was Kirby's DC work on New Gods, Boom Tubes, parademons, the plot is a whole lot like Darkseid's anti life quest.

Iron man falling was absolutely like Superman Returns, and when there aren't too many superhero movies to begin with, you better believe the writers were aware of it, and if they weren't then it was the director's responsability to change it. I can't say the same for Transformers bc i never saw them; but marvel has a history of stealing lines and iconic imagery from DC and Superman. I guess its tough seeing as how Superman is the orignal superhero as well as the standard everyone measures against.

Finally someone has the courage to tell the truth of about the movie. I think a lot of people are pretending not to see the direct copying of these elements, again there are soooo many that it is way to obvious to see unless people choose not see or believe. If it was one comparison then fine but multiples.

Even the ending with the missle, straight from Kingdom Come, Batman in an armor suit tries to stop a nuclear missle to eliminate the threat at the source that would destroy both heroes and villians, but mix in the Superman movie with him shooting the missle off into space to explode (Superman I and II,....the elevator hits the Phantom Zone) and then Superman Returns falling down scene with Iron Man. I have seen other blogs and/or comments who said it seemed more like a Justice League movie than an Avengers one. So while most on TNI don't see it, it is making a buzz.

Another awesome scene is when Cap tells them that their is "only One God"......that was beautiful and is one of my all time favorite quotes of a movie.

There's a very big difference between your opinion and the "truth". Unless you have ironclad physical evidence that while Joss Whedon was writing the movie he said "Oh I'm gonna rip off Justice League, Kingdom Come, etc. then it's just that your opinion not the truth, big difference.

To be fair (and I'm just saying here) DC does 'steal' plot points and story lines from Marvel too. One seemingly copying ideas from the other is not a new thing.

Finally saw it today. I literally-not figuratively, not metaphorically-LITERALLY cried tears of joy at The Avengers. Tears. of. JOY. :-D

The reason it was Chitauri and not Skrulls is because Skrulls were part of the FF deal with Fox, so Disney can't use them.

Hulk kicking Loki's ass got the biggest laugh. I too didn't hear what Hulk said at the end because everyone was LOLing, but I'm pretty sure he said "Puny God."

"He's adopted." got the second biggest laugh.

Cap saying "Hulk? Smash." was probably my favorite scene in the film.

At no point was I thinking about Superman or any other DC character during the film, and I sincerely doubt the director was either when making it. Why would you crib from inferior material?

Concerning certain people's opinions about the film, I remember that they thought Green Lantern was good, and at that point, in my universe, your credibility on what is good and what isn't drops to ZERO.

I am super excited for them to expand the Universe with sequels to Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and add stuff like Ant-Man and other heroes into the mix before coming back for a sequel. I would even be happy with Thanos being the behind the scenes villain for a second film before being the big bad in Avengers III.

• Like 1

1336510919[/url]' post='16758705']

Finally saw it today. I literally-not figuratively, not metaphorically-LITERALLY cried tears of joy at The Avengers. Tears. of. JOY. :-D

The reason it was Chitauri and not Skrulls is because Skrulls were part of the FF deal with Fox, so Disney can't use them.

Hulk kicking Loki's ass got the biggest laugh. I too didn't hear what Hulk said at the end because everyone was LOLing, but I'm pretty sure he said "Puny God."

"He's adopted." got the second biggest laugh.

Cap saying "Hulk? Smash." was probably my favorite scene in the film.

At no point was I thinking about Superman or any other DC character during the film, and I sincerely doubt the director was either when making it. Why would you crib from inferior material?

Concerning certain people's opinions about the film, I remember that they thought Green Lantern was good, and at that point, in my universe, your credibility on what is good and what isn't drops to ZERO.

I am super excited for them to expand the Universe with sequels to Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and add stuff like Ant-Man and other heroes into the mix before coming back for a sequel. I would even be happy with Thanos being the behind the scenes villain for a second film before being the big bad in Avengers III.

Someone I talked to today said that Hulk's line was simply, "demigod," commenting on the fact that Loki wasn't as awesome as he thought he was.

Watched the movie twice and couldn't hear the line after because of the laughter, too.

Saw it last Saturday with my brother and oldest son and I actually enjoyed it. Before I watched this movie, weeks ago, I thought the hulk was going to suck. After I watched it, man, i was surprised how good his role was and that of Banner. I couldn't see him doing superheroes movies, but now, i think he did good. I loved the part where Thor hit Capn's shield and the fight ended there. Also the beating of Loki when he told hulk to stop because he is a God...hilarious. I will definetely watch part 2 if the ever make one.

The weak characters where Hawk and the Black widow...., it did remind me of Batman and Robin in the superheroes...no powers. @hmmm@