Avengers Movie

Belmont13

Yeah It was awesome when Sam Jackson twittered that the reviewer who criticized the movie should get a new job that was hilarious. Yes I think the guy in the Forbes didn't know what he was talking about because his major problem was that the movie lacked characterization 1. the movie didn't need characterization that's why the main characters got individual movies so you would know of them before this one(someone even pointed this out in the comments section). 2. Save Iron Man and Dark Knight the movies he mentioned didn't have that much characterization so yeah I think most of the guy's points are moot. I honestly believe the avengers is not perfect that's why it has 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I'm not against negative reviews in fact I have read some positive reviews that point out some very apparent flaws of the movie and I agree with them. Most of these movie critics go into this movie expecting another Godfather, Ben Hur or a movie like that and then bash the movie when it isn't. It's like me watching Mystic River(an excellent movie) and criticizing it because it didn't have enough humor or action. Anyway I'm done defending the movie, the important thing is it got made, it was better than I expected, I saw my Avengers brought to life, they kicked ass, and as a bonus the movie broke records so everything from on here is gravy, so if anyone wants to criticize the movie let them the movie already accomplished what it set out to do.

1336400061[/url]' post='16758451']

Yeah It was awesome when Sam Jackson twittered that the reviewer who criticized the movie should get a new job that was hilarious. Yes I think the guy in the Forbes didn't know what he was talking about because his major problem was that the movie lacked characterization 1. the movie didn't need characterization that's why the main characters got individual movies so you would know of them before this one(someone even pointed this out in the comments section). 2. Save Iron Man and Dark Knight the movies he mentioned didn't have that much characterization so yeah I think most of the guy's points are moot. I honestly believe the avengers is not perfect that's why it has 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I'm not against negative reviews in fact I have read some positive reviews that point out some very apparent flaws of the movie and I agree with them. Most of these movie critics go into this movie expecting another Godfather, Ben Hur or a movie like that and then bash the movie when it isn't. It's like me watching Mystic River(an excellent movie) and criticizing it because it didn't have enough humor or action. Anyway I'm done defending the movie, the important thing is it got made, it was better than I expected, I saw my Avengers brought to life, they kicked ass, and as a bonus the movie broke records so everything from on here is gravy, so if anyone wants to criticize the movie let them the movie already accomplished what it set out to do.

The funny thing about the one reviewer on characterization is that a majority of the praises from top critics were that the characters were well developed. The story is nothing too deep or engaging, but you overlook that because the characters (and the actors that play them) are so engaging.

At the end of the day, it's hard to believe this movie will ever be forgotten for its achievements. History is made with the first superhero team up on film, 93% critics approve it (and a majority of them loved it rather than liked it) and 96% of the fans enjoyed it, and it opened to $200.3 million dollars domestically (not even to mention the international totals). What an event.

1336397747[/url]' post='16758444']
1336396525[/url]' post='16758437']
1336391459[/url]' post='16758427']

I like Ebert and respect that final paragraph.

Here is what Forbes had to say:

http://www.forbes.co...-doesnt-matter/

Wow, I agree with some of what this guy says in the forum, 1st post. I liked it more than he did but I agree with how overall bland it was.

http://www.breathehe....php?tid=505636

One guy doesn't know what he's talking about and the other website starts with a Britney Spears pic that tells me how much taste those people have. I love how you start scouring the web for negative reviews, you're trying too hard.

Easy to disregard something without hitting the points when the truth hurts a psuedo-reality. Because someone had a BS pics invalidates their points??.........people who use this tactic is the mark of liar to me. Also I purposely looked up the Forbes review because of how mindless Marvel Mobs attacked a female reviewer and Samuel L Jackson called out the three major critics who didn't care for the movie.

btw, I frequently read all reviews good and negative, did it more so for Green Lantern than any other movie to understand why the critics hated it, common complaint was that Green Lantern didn't suffer enough, it was like the good guy kept getting richer while those who suffer, suffered more.

I went to see if I could find an article where they say the Avengers was like Transformers and this is what I found. He is a lot harsh, does anyone agree that the movie was almost a direct rip of TF3?

http://bridgeofthese...d-big-time.html

I don't really see it as a rip of TF3 at all. Their both dealing with alien invasions and both are far from the first films to do so. The settings are different, the designs of the invaders are different, and, though they share similarities in that a portal is being opened, the reasons for the portal are very different. I also have no reason to believe that if TF3 didn't happen Avengers would have played out differently. The story fits the Cosmic Cube, Thanos' goal to get it, and Loki's desire to rule.

Even if it did, Avengers did it so much better.

• Like 1

The funny thing about the one reviewer on characterization is that a majority of the praises from top critics were that the characters were well developed. The story is nothing too deep or engaging, but you overlook that because the characters (and the actors that play them) are so engaging.

Darn right. Given the amount of big name characters populating this movie, I was impressed with the way they WERE given more or less equal amounts of time to shine. And plus, as was mentioned, THAT'S WHY THEY DID THEIR INDIVIDUAL MOVIES FIRST! If they had done Avengers first, before any of the individual films, even with the same big name actors, I don't think I would have liked it as much. Joe off the Street certainly wouldn't because they wouldn't have learned anything about them yet. No way will you get in-depth character exploration in a movie like this. I can't imagine ANYONE expecting to. You'll get it in their individual movies and sequels.

Wow, I agree with some of what this guy says in the forum, 1st post. I liked it more than he did but I agree with how overall bland it was.

http://www.breathehe....php?tid=505636

One guy doesn't know what he's talking about and the other website starts with a Britney Spears pic that tells me how much taste those people have. I love how you start scouring the web for negative reviews, you're trying too hard.

Easy to disregard something without hitting the points when the truth hurts a psuedo-reality. Because someone had a BS pics invalidates their points??.........people who use this tactic is the mark of liar to me. Also I purposely looked up the Forbes review because of how mindless Marvel Mobs attacked a female reviewer and Samuel L Jackson called out the three major critics who didn't care for the movie.

btw, I frequently read all reviews good and negative, did it more so for Green Lantern than any other movie to understand why the critics hated it, common complaint was that Green Lantern didn't suffer enough, it was like the good guy kept getting richer while those who suffer, suffered more.

I went to see if I could find an article where they say the Avengers was like Transformers and this is what I found. He is a lot harsh, does anyone agree that the movie was almost a direct rip of TF3?

http://bridgeofthese...d-big-time.html

I don't really see it as a rip of TF3 at all. Their both dealing with alien invasions and both are far from the first films to do so. The settings are different, the designs of the invaders are different, and, though they share similarities in that a portal is being opened, the reasons for the portal are very different. I also have no reason to believe that if TF3 didn't happen Avengers would have played out differently. The story fits the Cosmic Cube, Thanos' goal to get it, and Loki's desire to rule.

Even if it did, Avengers did it so much better.

I'll be honest I didn't notice all the similarities but after the article I am inclined to agree, that being said I was not super-impressed with the movie but the very face and execution is amazing to me, bringing together all of these individual movies was amazing. I think Warner was the first to have something like this planned, it was going to be that Superman/Batman movie (they had that nice nod in the Will Smith movie after plans fell through) but then they decided to build on each other by themselves, Batman got excellent treatment though I don't care for Batman Begins and Superman Returns was a colossal flop, it made money but it was a critical failure that Warner did not recover from.

• Like 1

I loved this movie. I've always thought most critics are feminine hygane products.

lmao yeah critics...

At the end of the day, it's hard to believe this movie will ever be forgotten for its achievements. History is made with the first superhero team up on film, 93% critics approve it (and a majority of them loved it rather than liked it) and 96% of the fans enjoyed it, and it opened to $200.3 million dollars domestically (not even to mention the international totals). What an event.

Well put, Agreed 1000%

I have a question to all of those that saw it on the states what's the deal with the second post credit scene? I read something about them eating in the diner but it wasn't shown in neither of my viewings apparently it's only limited to the continental U.S.

I have a question to all of those that saw it on the states what's the deal with the second post credit scene? I read something about them eating in the diner but it wasn't shown in neither of my viewings apparently it's only limited to the continental U.S.

The scene was hilarious no dialogue just the 6 of them eating. Probably lasted for a minute.

The scene was hilarious no dialogue just the 6 of them eating. Probably lasted for a minute.

Yeah they all looked beat and it was funny seeing Thor at a diner eating :P jj has a picture of it posted on his FB page

The movie was much better than expected for me. I'm not a Joss Whedon fan at all, but he pulled through and made a damn good movie. As much as I prefer Batman over everyone, I still hope the Avengers beats the Dark Knight Rising at the box office. The Avengers proves to all the Nolanites and naysayers that a team based Superhero movie can be done. The movie also has colorful costumes that don't resemble the matrix and it is not limited by bs gritty reality.

One funny thing is that in my theater nobody was hyped for The Amazing Spider-man or Dark Knight Rises Trailers. More people were stoked for Brave and Frankenweenie. guitar.gif

• Like 1

Agreed!!! Full fledged costumes, or uniforms if you prefer, and they don't match!!! If a movie is one well enough, it can work!!

Now I'm not saying all costumes will work, but a modified one can!! Wolverine in his brown outfit without a mask would work!!

I like that quote in the movie where Rogers thinks his uniform, the old stars n stripes, might be out of date. The fact that it's needed now more than ever was a great reply!!

I like that quote in the movie where Rogers thinks his uniform, the old stars n stripes, might be out of date. The fact that it's needed now more than ever was a great reply!!

Captain America should never say that...and giving the pro-America speech to a throwaway character like Coulson? no thanks.

Saw the movie last night, loved it, especially all the funny moments. They were short and quick, but so hilarious:

- Rogers giving Fury $10

- The agent playing Space Invaders

- Stark mocking how Thor speaks at the forest

- Hulk sucker-punching Thor

- Hulk tossing Loki around (everyone was LOL so much I didn't hear what Hulk muttered at the end of that scene)

I never liked Cap's outfit when I first saw it, but the explanation they gave (fanboy Phil having input, needing something old-fashioned) made me more accepting of it's look.

I may have missed it, but did they explain how Thor managed to get back to Earth?

• Like 1

1336426284[/url]' post='16758523']

I can't wait for Avengers 2

I second that. What's everyone's guess about how long til that happens? Will we see connections begin showing up in IM3 and continue in the next Thor and CA or do you think it'll just happen?

You know that's another thing that connects The Avengers movie to the comics. Rarely does a storyline just end. There's always that last detail in an epilogue that hints to something even more sinister in the next storyline of the ongoing comic. The scene with Thanos captured that beautifully.

http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/viewthread.php?tid=505636

Um...exactly what part of the last paragraph do you agree with? That he's lumping all of us, who enjoy comics, into the stereotypical "virgin nerd who m@sturbates to drawn images, and still lives in their parents' basement?"

Hmmm...I think you're just trying to stir the pot, but I'm glad you made the effort. @lol@ @smilepunch@

• Like 1