Avengers Movie

Belmont13

I dont think Agent Coulson is dead... I think Fury took the opportunity to motivate the team... I remember hearing he was signed on to do 12 plus Marvel films...

LMD, baby!

That would rock!!! We already got to see the awesome sight that was the Helicarrier Life Model Decoys would be cool especially after Tony Stark mentioned them.

I thought the movie was good, and I agree with not caring much for coulson, the slow beginning (car chase was boring), I didn't care for Hawkeye either.

I agree with many of the positive comments BUT what bothers me the most is that the movie felt like a DC Justice League movie.

The whole thing was Kirby's DC work on New Gods, Boom Tubes, parademons, the plot is a whole lot like Darkseid's anti life quest.

Iron man falling was absolutely like Superman Returns, and when there aren't too many superhero movies to begin with, you better believe the writers were aware of it, and if they weren't then it was the director's responsability to change it. I can't say the same for Transformers bc i never saw them; but marvel has a history of stealing lines and iconic imagery from DC and Superman. I guess its tough seeing as how Superman is the orignal superhero as well as the standard everyone measures against.

I thought the movie was good, and I agree with not caring much for coulson, the slow beginning (car chase was boring), I didn't care for Hawkeye either.

I agree with many of the positive comments BUT what bothers me the most is that the movie felt like a DC Justice League movie.

The whole thing was Kirby's DC work on New Gods, Boom Tubes, parademons, the plot is a whole lot like Darkseid's anti life quest.

Iron man falling was absolutely like Superman Returns, and when there aren't too many superhero movies to begin with, you better believe the writers were aware of it, and if they weren't then it was the director's responsability to change it. I can't say the same for Transformers bc i never saw them; but marvel has a history of stealing lines and iconic imagery from DC and Superman. I guess its tough seeing as how Superman is the orignal superhero as well as the standard everyone measures against.

Too bad we can only imagine how cool it be... By the time they get their act together I be too old to enjoy it... How the hell do you have arguably the 2 heavy hitters of comics and cant get the damn thing started?...

Too bad we can only imagine how cool it be... By the time they get their act together I be too old to enjoy it... How the hell do you have arguably the 2 heavy hitters of comics and cant get the damn thing started?...

I believe it's because DC doesn't have their own movie division like Marvel does. When you see these Marvel films, you never see a Disney logo. When you see a DC film, you'll see the Warner Bros. logo. If Warner Bros. would develop a studio solely made for DC films, I think they could get a lot more movies off the ground besides Batman and the upcoming Man of Steel.

A little slow to start off would be my main gripe!! Well that and Agent Coulson!! But I had the misfortune of reading so I knew it was coming!!! The Chitauri were weak. Would have loved the Skrulls!!

Best parts:

Loki vs Hulk!!! Got the biggest cheer and laugh out of the audience!! So much so no one knew what Hulk said!! Seeing Loki lying there, in agony, priceless!!!

Same reaction at the theater I was in

I loved that they showed Thors hammer hitting Caps sheild....I finally go to see what would happen when the immovable object and the unstoppable force finally collided

The Hulk out of no where punching Thor

Cap giving the team direction and telling Hulk to smash :P

Tony Stark's ego :P and seeing Pepper in this movie...anybody notice that Natalie Portmans image was in it as they were telling Thor that they moved her out of danger

I dont think Agent Coulson is dead... I think Fury took the opportunity to motivate the team... I remember hearing he was signed on to do 12 plus Marvel films...

LMD, baby!

or clone

While it does have similarities to the new gods (And I know Thanos is inspired by Darkseid) the movie draws heavily from the ultimates' first 2 volumes, (actually most of marvel studios's movies do), if the movie feels anything like justice league it is most likely cause of the general plot, because as far as I remember, the character dynamics between league members are vastly different in comics and cartoons (most incarnations have them working as a team early on with little to no animosity between them and being loved by the general public from the start, especially the golden age incarnations) while the avengers barely get along and are not even in the public eye (save for ironman and maybe cap who the public didn't even seem to know was still alive), not to mention the fact they are recruited by a pseudo goverment agency (Shield) while the league unite out of their own will.

So while you are entitled to your opinion, I really don't think the director had any responsability to change anything, as the general public (non comic fans) will not make that connection aside from the whole uniting various solo heroes into a team, even more so, if anyone should be worried about said comparisons it should be WB/DC cause for general audiences when/if a JL movie ever gets made, "it" will be the one copying the avengers, not the other way around.

Cap giving the team direction and telling Hulk to smash :P

Ya, that was a geek-out moment for me too. Great line. @lol@

LMD, baby!

or clone

Yeah, but to what end? Why would they do that?

When a superhero dies, they come back to life, maybe get a new costume, an aditude adjustment, and go back to fighting bad guys. If Coulson came back he'd go back to....being Couslon? Nothing against the character, I just think he served his purpose and is dead.

Finally someone has the courage to tell the truth of about the movie. I think a lot of people are pretending not to see the direct copying of these elements, again there are soooo many that it is way to obvious to see unless people choose not see or believe. If it was one comparison then fine but multiples.

Even the ending with the missle, straight from Kingdom Come, Batman in an armor suit tries to stop a nuclear missle to eliminate the threat at the source that would destroy both heroes and villians, but mix in the Superman movie with him shooting the missle off into space to explode (Superman I and II,....the elevator hits the Phantom Zone) and then Superman Returns falling down scene with Iron Man. I have seen other blogs and/or comments who said it seemed more like a Justice League movie than an Avengers one. So while most on TNI don't see it, it is making a buzz.

Another awesome scene is when Cap tells them that their is "only One God"......that was beautiful and is one of my all time favorite quotes of a movie.

If people love/like this movie great for them. Those who finds it lacking and nitpick the movie I respect your opinions. As for me I go to the theaters to see a movie that I think I would enjoy, my mindset is focused on that else why would i waste my time and hard earn money to see something that I'm not sure of. In other words good or bad I first try to see the good first. If I really don't like it then its my bad no one forced me to go see the movie.

If most of the complaints were "there were ideas taken from one company to another" I don't worry about it, why because it happens all the time and not just in movies. Only difference is Marvel executed it in a film (JLA is still in comics form, or tv if you anyone consider the Smallville version of JLA), if Marvel copied an idea from another film they still executed it for the purpose of their film and it worked.

I enjoyed this film from start to finish, no need to list what I liked since its been mentioned already from other previous posts.. I hope to experience this entertainmentt again when I see TDKR and ASM.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170507-the-avengers-sets-new-opening-weekend-record-with-2003m

'nuff said

1336343919[/url]' post='16758363']

Another awesome scene is when Cap tells them that their is "only One God"......that was beautiful and is one of my all time favorite quotes of a movie.

Don't leave out, " ...and he doesn't dress like that." Totally agree. Awesome line.

That gave me a laugh

When Loki made those people kneel I said out loud

"Kneel before Zod" :P

Finally someone has the courage to tell the truth of about the movie. I think a lot of people are pretending not to see the direct copying of these elements, again there are soooo many that it is way to obvious to see unless people choose not see or believe. If it was one comparison then fine but multiples.

Even the ending with the missle, straight from Kingdom Come, Batman in an armor suit tries to stop a nuclear missle to eliminate the threat at the source that would destroy both heroes and villians, but mix in the Superman movie with him shooting the missle off into space to explode (Superman I and II,....the elevator hits the Phantom Zone) and then Superman Returns falling down scene with Iron Man. I have seen other blogs and/or comments who said it seemed more like a Justice League movie than an Avengers one. So while most on TNI don't see it, it is making a buzz.

There's a very big difference between your opinion and the "truth". Unless you have ironclad physical evidence that while Joss Whedon was writing the movie he said "Oh I'm gonna rip off Justice League, Kingdom Come, etc. then it's just that your opinion not the truth, big difference.

• Like 2

I want to comment so bad but I'm still clining to this very nobel yet likely futile statment:

I would like to ask anyone to please refrain from trolling comments no this is better than the Dark Knight, no DC comparisons whatsoever I don't want a Marvel vs. DC thread I just want a movie discussion.

Agreed, agreed, AGREED!!!

• Like 5

I want to comment so bad but I'm still clining to this very nobel yet likely futile statment:

I would like to ask anyone to please refrain from trolling comments no this is better than the Dark Knight, no DC comparisons whatsoever I don't want a Marvel vs. DC thread I just want a movie discussion.

Agreed, agreed, AGREED!!!

this actually made me laugh out loud, I guess it was kind of naive of my part. Saw it again today still loved it, Between the part of "that's my secret Captain, I'm always angry and the cop asking Cap "why should I listen to you?" and getting his answer I still don't know which one I loved more.

• Like 1

Marvel's The Avengers Wins Big At The Box Office... And We Do Mean BIG

View the full article

Cool, I was hoping it would do well I never dreamed it would do that well.

And I'm pretty sure it won't lose steam anytime soon. The reactions of the crowds at the theater today and yesterday were extremely positive. Lot's of people left talking about how they had to see it again. My wife and I are trying to figure out when we're going to have another viewing (my 3rd and her 2nd). Unfortunately having an almost 1 year old makes that difficult.

It's not so often you have a movie going 'experience.' That's what this was for me. It surpassed being either good or bad and was just an experience I'm glad I didn't miss. The only problem I noticed after the second viewing was the person on the projector left it a tad bit unfocused, just enough to keep you guessing, and I left with a headache. But even out of focus, that movie is awesome.

"That's the trick...I'm always angry." SMASH!

• Like 1

The God line from Cap was great. And I really thought "Thank you" for not being afraid to put that line in such a high profile movie in this day and age.

Another good one was the "I watched you while you slept" line. Really EVERY cahracter got at least one memorable line in.

• Like 1

The God line from Cap was great. And I really thought "Thank you" for not being afraid to put that line in such a high profile movie in this day and age.

Another good one was the "I watched you while you slept" line. Really EVERY cahracter got at least one memorable line in.

Yeah thats pretty damn bad when most of the country are religious

When he said he watched him while he slept I blurted out a laugh and everybody seem to follow me :P