Whats everyone been up to?

RobbieDigital

I've been on a roll lately when it comes to finding Joes.......just one a whole RAH Tiger Force set on ebay for 65 bucks......which is pretty good considering it was a lot of 9 figures....all complete except for Skystriker. Pretty happy for myself there!!

There is this "toy" store like 10 minutes from where I live. I drive by the thing everyday......the front of the store says they carry and sell old, used toys. The skeptic in me always told myself...."There's no way there are Joes in there, not worth my 5 minutes to stop" Well I happened to drive by the store in the other direction last week....and the whole side of the building was covered in homemade signs with the Transformers/GI Joe/Tonka/etc logos on them......they were pretty old looking signs but my interest was peaked. I happened to stop in when they were open this past weekend and turns out the place is a VINTAGE TOY STORE!!! There was a ton of stuff......the guy had a whole section devoted to Joes alone!!! Granted, I had mostly everything there but it was still cool to see.(ROC, JvC, Spytroops loose figures, random RAH stuff, 25th figures) Up by the register he had some glass cases and had some bins with complete and in-complete RAH figures. He has a lot of early stuff.......turned out I left with an 82' Flash, Stalker and Hawk, and the Mail Away hooded CC from 84....all for good prices too. The Flash is in GREAT condition....couldn't believe how nice he is. I'll be going back the next couple weekends......... @firedevil@

Anybody else had any good finds or hunts lately?? It seems like the forum has been pretty quiet lately.......

Well I just came back from TRU on a rainy day off and found a full stock of 30th including a lone Renegades Storm Shadow! At retail! Now I get to decide what to do because I'm sitting on three!

The fisrt one I bought on ebay for $30, thinking I'll never find him after listening to doom'n gloom message board chatter about him NEVER being included in cases again. However, when I got him, he was shipped in a bubble mailer (A BUBBLE MAILER) which caused slight dings on the blister. Normally something I don't care about, but not when it comes to this guy. So he'll be my opener.

I have another coming through a trade with a TNI member. Thiking that that will be it, one to keep MIB, one to have loose.

Now I have my retail one....

I think when I get the trade SS I'll use him as bait for something else I need. I don't paln on holding him ransom, something fair to help someone out....we'll see....

Well I just came back from TRU on a rainy day off and found a full stock of 30th including a lone Renegades Storm Shadow! At retail! Now I get to decide what to do because I'm sitting on three!

The fisrt one I bought on ebay for $30, thinking I'll never find him after listening to doom'n gloom message board chatter about him NEVER being included in cases again. However, when I got him, he was shipped in a bubble mailer (A BUBBLE MAILER) which caused slight dings on the blister. Normally something I don't care about, but not when it comes to this guy. So he'll be my opener.

I have another coming through a trade with a TNI member. Thiking that that will be it, one to keep MIB, one to have loose.

Now I have my retail one....

I think when I get the trade SS I'll use him as bait for something else I need. I don't paln on holding him ransom, something fair to help someone out....we'll see....

trade bait's a good option

I freakin' hate when people poorly pack things like this. I've bought a number of things online that I've intended to keep sealed, and because of how poorly packed they were/how scuffed up they end up, there's really no point....

I haven't really found much of anything lately....Did manage to snag a bunch of Renegades/30th anni. figures off BBTS for like, $4-$5 each. It was like, $27 shipped, so that was a nice haul. Nothing is stocking much around here, though. There's a TRU nearby that put a couple new cases out two or three weeks ago, and while the figures were pretty cool (Hazard vipers, Techno Vipers, and a few Renegades cobra troopers. Picked up a couple of each of those) none of the other figures left over have moved since.

There are two Walmarts near me that I frequent. One has 12 pegs for Joes, and has them marked at $5. Of course, I've never seen any figures actually ON the pegs. The other Walmart had 3 pegs, with the figures at $6.97. I went in a day or two ago, and the price tags were gone. Maybe they're getting ready for Retaliation figures or something.

I had a seizure just over a week ago, so I had to turn in my drivers license. Now I'm not toy hunting at all... and it makes me sad.