The Dark Knight Rises, Movie Masters....sooner than we thought?

MrImpossible

damn, bbts just cancelled my preorder for catwoman. thats lame. i checked ebay allready and the prices really go nuts again.

I got the same email... Its kind of odd that BBTS cant get a hold of a mass release figure...

bet that mattel has something to do with all the distribution problems they have. no one even knew a month ago what the line-up would be for wave one. then it was alfred, batman and bane. now gordon and catwoman seem to pop-up separatly? what a mess. why not put one of each or two in every case and done.

Im sure at some point she will become more available and not so expensive man. Sucks though about the pre order! :(

Draven

thanks man. well by the end of the week i will take a little trip to france. maybe they got something. they got the ones from the previous movie. some even had a huge problem. movie masters body and a 5insh batman head, lol.

I would think if Mattel was able to provide us with enough Jokers so that everyone could get one (even after all the innitial scalping trying to cash in on Ledger's death), surely they can make enough Catwomans to meet demand.

At least you'd think so....

Considering its a "girl" I doubt she will ever get that available as ole Joker did. Though I think she will become more available with time.

Draven

why do i suddenly have an image of toyguru saying that girls dont sell in my mind? lol

Considering its a "girl" I doubt she will ever get that available as ole Joker did. Though I think she will become more available with time.

Draven

why do i suddenly have an image of toyguru saying that girls dont sell in my mind? lol

Maybe if action figures were still aimed at kids. As it stands in today's market, I can't believe companies are still trying to sell us on that line.

Hi, just to let you guys know. I found both Catwoman (goggles up) and Alfred at a Barnes and Noble in Yuma Az. yesterday.

They had 2 Alfred and 1 CW (the one I bought) and 5 or 6 Batman, no Bane though, in a cubic display along with those awful 3" figs. They were $17.95 plus tax each. I'll post pics later.

i found catwoman here in canada, naiagara falls...there was ony one of her and one bane...nothing else at all!! if i find another one i'll let you guys know...i'll trade her up for a gordon with the the broken glass, walmarts over here never get the exclusives, any and all avengers 6 inchers never came here!!

i just looked at ebay, and guress there is a variant of her, goggles up and goggles down, mine is the goggles up, i don't know what one is worth more!!

I see Walmart has an out-of-stock listing for Gordon on their website...wonder if i missed it here, or its a new posting soon to be available. I swear, the one or two days i dont check things...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Movie-Masters-6-Gordon-Action-Figure/20967786

"Show this number 0074677519414 to a Walmart associate to find this item in your store." - though I doubt this will do more than waste time and confuse them.

I want those bat signal pieces!

*EDIT* found MM Gordon on the way to the lake this weekend...made the trip even sweeter!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just browsing ebay, seeing what the batman batsignal piece goes for just out of curiosity (because I don't want to buy that Batman again) and man! The loose CNC piece is selling at auction for the same price as the easy to find Batman figure MIB! What are people thinking? Just go to Target and get him if you're willing to pay that price.

I was just browsing ebay, seeing what the batman batsignal piece goes for just out of curiosity (because I don't want to buy that Batman again) and man! The loose CNC piece is selling at auction for the same price as the easy to find Batman figure MIB! What are people thinking? Just go to Target and get him if you're willing to pay that price.

I was lucky enough to get the Kmart Batman w/blueprints and Bane on sale at 11.99 when they first came out last month...got rid of the figures on ebay for 20 bucks...$2 batsignal pieces! woot!

Here's a pic for and article for a Target exclusive pack that has a major character "spoiler".

http://www.cooltoyre...iler_146062.asp

??? I dont think so...looks like any crappy Batman variant made for the kiddie line

That's why I used the quotation marks, to me it's just the article being sensationalist.

I saw this batman at Target the other day. Nothing special even if the costume is in the movie. Read the article and checked the unaltered pic. if true, they spoiled it for me; not seeing the toy, but reading the image caption. Again, if this is true, this surprise would be the 2nd time someone ruined a Batman film for me. The first was on the forums here when the First Nolan Bat film came out in theaters. Two posters, with no spoiler tags, were wishing Mattel should make a real movie Ras figure that wasn't Asian since it was the only figure that was missing in the line despite that there was a Duncan figure already in the line.

Why can't people try not to spoil things? The cooltoyreview article, if true, is written such a way where it wants to spoil the reader. While it is true that they did put a spoiler alert in the article, they could have spoiler tagged the caption and just put " Stealth Vision (spoiler tags inserted here with spoiler) Batman".

Relax, it's probably just another Batman variant which we all learn to hate. It's a 4 pack sold in Toys R us or Wal Mart. If it's such an important character in the movie it would have been featured in the 6" Movie Masters line instead of another police character.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my Catwoman came today, got her from Entertainment Earth at the lowest price you could possible expect online ($17) had to pay shipping but oh well.

I'm pretty happy with her but was disappointed that the goggles didn't lower (maybe this "new economy" demands Mattel glue them into place instead of just leaving them as a workable action feature. Zing!) But in any case...risking breakage, I took a pair of needle nose pliers and was able to pull the pegs out successfuly. Now I can have them up or down. I may like them better down...

Well my Catwoman came today, got her from Entertainment Earth at the lowest price you could possible expect online ($17) had to pay shipping but oh well.

I'm pretty happy with her but was disappointed that the goggles didn't lower (maybe this "new economy" demands Mattel glue them into place instead of just leaving them as a workable action feature. Zing!) But in any case...risking breakage, I took a pair of needle nose pliers and was able to pull the pegs out successfuly. Now I can have them up or down. I may like them better down...

i got mine today to and i did the exact same thing. dont know why mattel glued these things either. i doubt it wouldnt have taken that much change in the first place but whatever they believe is right, lol.

Here's a pic for and article for a Target exclusive pack that has a major character "spoiler".

http://www.cooltoyre...iler_146062.asp

??? I dont think so...looks like any crappy Batman variant made for the kiddie line

That's why I used the quotation marks, to me it's just the article being sensationalist.

I saw this batman at Target the other day. Nothing special even if the costume is in the movie. Read the article and checked the unaltered pic. if true, they spoiled it for me; not seeing the toy, but reading the image caption. Again, if this is true, this surprise would be the 2nd time someone ruined a Batman film for me. The first was on the forums here when the First Nolan Bat film came out in theaters. Two posters, with no spoiler tags, were wishing Mattel should make a real movie Ras figure that wasn't Asian since it was the only figure that was missing in the line despite that there was a Duncan figure already in the line.

Why can't people try not to spoil things? The cooltoyreview article, if true, is written such a way where it wants to spoil the reader. While it is true that they did put a spoiler alert in the article, they could have spoiler tagged the caption and just put " Stealth Vision (spoiler tags inserted here with spoiler) Batman".

Relax, it's probably just another Batman variant which we all learn to hate. It's a 4 pack sold in Toys R us or Wal Mart. If it's such an important character in the movie it would have been featured in the 6" Movie Masters line instead of another police character.

I was spoiled by the Batman films here before; people posting about Mattel should make a white Ras Al Ghoul toy - another poster corrected him by saying that they made a Deckard figure. Don't want it happen again.

Hey guys been awhile since I shared any pickups but I got a couple of things today. I went to my local Wal-Mart and found one Jim Gordon and Bane so I had to pick them up.

IMG102.jpg

IMG105.jpg

IMG107.jpg

Also visited my local Toys R'Us and saw a cool two pack Movie Masters of Bane and Batman for about 35 bucks.

I didn't have the cash for it but I will be going back to pick it up later.

• 2 weeks later...