The Avengers - early bootleg cam release

Superpowers1980

We will see, funny how all the Marvel guys love all the Marvel movies.......smh.

actually, I usually prefer DC movies and cartoons. I loved both Bale Batman movies, the first 2 Tim Burton Batman movies, Christopher Reeves Superman movies, and I find that I am one of the only people that really liked Superman Returns.

it's unfortunate that other than Bats and Supes, nothing else from them has materialized into movies.... except for GL, which I didn't like very much at all. Mark Strong/Sinestro was the only good part of that movie.

It is funny how even though I liked X-Men as the best superhero movie of last year many people on this forum attacked my position on Avengers. I like superhero movies, sure I am a DC guy but I also do like Marvel.

Funny you mentioned Batman because I only like the first movie with Keaton and the second with Bale, all the others I do not like but that fact will be lost the next time I criticise a Marvel property. It is just sickening the mob attitude by Marvel fans if you disagree with them and in this case most of them have NOT seen the movie. Sure I love DC and think Marvel is ok but I enjoyed X-Men 3 and the newest one, both FF movies, Iron Man and the first Ghost Rider movie. Looking back I did like the first two Spiderman movies but now I don't care for them, especially since ALL THREE of the Spiderman movies are rips off the first 3 Superman movies.

People mention Green Lantern, I have yet to hear a truly critical explanation about why it is so bad, it was a good movie, pacing was perfect, the action was perfect and it wasn't nearly as boring as the middle of Thor which only the beginning and end were good. I would love an honest debate on the flaws of Green Lantern and an honest debate on the positives of Captain America.

The Avengers movie lacked the charm IMO, it really copied a lot of themes from other properties, especially DC.

I don't think it's a mob attitude at all. I think that is your perception. Also, I don't think your reputation helps at all in these discussions.

And finally, there have been plenty of people who have given VERY specific and viable reasons why the GL movie sucked. You just continue to choose to ignore them

Not even going to read anything that on this page as I'm already mad at myself for ruining a part of the movie. I won't reveal it here, but I was browsing Wikipedia's Avengers profiles and while I skipped the Avengers movie page, I read through a characters profile and ruined part of the story. Gahhhhhh.

Not even going to read anything that on this page as I'm already mad at myself for ruining a part of the movie. I won't reveal it here, but I was browsing Wikipedia's Avengers profiles and while I skipped the Avengers movie page, I read through a characters profile and ruined part of the story. Gahhhhhh.

You think that's bad?? some A##%$ole in facebook revealed the after credits scene, needless to say I was extremely pissed but also kind of curious.

You think that's bad?? some A##%$ole in facebook revealed the after credits scene, needless to say I was extremely pissed but also kind of curious.

Hints at Spidey or Wolverine joining up? Obscure, comic only references like the Infinity Gauntlet? Whatever it is, if you're going opening night, be careful not to get crushed by the geek boners!

We will see, funny how all the Marvel guys love all the Marvel movies.......smh.

actually, I usually prefer DC movies and cartoons. I loved both Bale Batman movies, the first 2 Tim Burton Batman movies, Christopher Reeves Superman movies, and I find that I am one of the only people that really liked Superman Returns.

it's unfortunate that other than Bats and Supes, nothing else from them has materialized into movies.... except for GL, which I didn't like very much at all. Mark Strong/Sinestro was the only good part of that movie.

It is funny how even though I liked X-Men as the best superhero movie of last year many people on this forum attacked my position on Avengers. I like superhero movies, sure I am a DC guy but I also do like Marvel.

Funny you mentioned Batman because I only like the first movie with Keaton and the second with Bale, all the others I do not like but that fact will be lost the next time I criticise a Marvel property. It is just sickening the mob attitude by Marvel fans if you disagree with them and in this case most of them have NOT seen the movie. Sure I love DC and think Marvel is ok but I enjoyed X-Men 3 and the newest one, both FF movies, Iron Man and the first Ghost Rider movie. Looking back I did like the first two Spiderman movies but now I don't care for them, especially since ALL THREE of the Spiderman movies are rips off the first 3 Superman movies.

People mention Green Lantern, I have yet to hear a truly critical explanation about why it is so bad, it was a good movie, pacing was perfect, the action was perfect and it wasn't nearly as boring as the middle of Thor which only the beginning and end were good. I would love an honest debate on the flaws of Green Lantern and an honest debate on the positives of Captain America.

The Avengers movie lacked the charm IMO, it really copied a lot of themes from other properties, especially DC.

I don't think it's a mob attitude at all. I think that is your perception. Also, I don't think your reputation helps at all in these discussions.

And finally, there have been plenty of people who have given VERY specific and viable reasons why the GL movie sucked. You just continue to choose to ignore them

Reputation, reputation for what?..........because I have voiced an opposing position from "the mob mentatlity group" here on TNI. I do go around starting trouble with anyone but I will defend my position.

No one has given any real credible reason why it sucked, I heard costume, I heard boring villians.............we can make the same claim about almost every Marvel movie.......IM had boring villians, ALL of the Spiderman movies had boring villians, The Punisher movies, the first 2 X-Men movies.

I just can't wait because in a few years all the current duds will come to light, just like how people are starting see how boring the Spiderman movies were, don't care how good the story is in the first one, when you have that horrible Green Goblin it is very hard to redeem yourself, same deal with 2 and well everyone already agreed that 3 was garbage. Now people admit the first X movie was utter trash. Time will reveal that Captain America was the worst superhero movie in the past 3 years, it is the most boring piece of crap I have ever seen, the only good thing outside of him constantly tossing people was him USO tour, long stupid and boring and time will reveal.

Like I said I liked The Avengers but it is not mindblowing, IM is the only half interesting character and even that is gettng weak, Captain America is boring in the comics and is boring on the screen, Hawkeye and Widow meant nothing, Thor was muted by the heavy cast and the best was Hulk who had the least amount of screen time and he looked terrible.......plus they stole ideas from DC, from the Superman movies and Kingdom Come storylines. Loki was Loki, I love the actor and his characterization of Loki, plus he has an interesting background......oh and Fury was good too.

• Like 2

My gf and I were on our way out to play bar BINGO last night when her roommate said she was having a marvel movie marathon and was about to watch Thor. Gotta admit I kinda wanted to watch it too. Oh well, I did win a free drink.

Tonight I'll do Thor, tomorrow Captain America, then Avengers this weekend!

LOL, I love how no one seems to say watching a bootleg is theft and theft is wrong therefor I am not going to do it.

kind of like promoting a movie as "Iron Man 2" that should be billed as "2 hr Commercial for The Avengers"?

Actually no its nothing like that. I assume your joking but trying to use the justification (which I have seen people try to do) that because they paid to see a bad movie means its ok to steal another one is ludicrous. Theft is theft and their is no justifying it. Know one forced you to go to see a movie like IM2 and their are plenty of things like reviews you can read before hand to help you decide if you should spend your money or not to see it. When people do crap like this it just gives the powers that be ammunition to try and pass things like the SOPA bill so your not just hurting the individual studio and the people who work for them which is bad enough but your hurting everyone.

Reputation, reputation for what?..........because I have voiced an opposing position from "the mob mentatlity group" here on TNI. I do go around starting trouble with anyone but I will defend my position.

No one has given any real credible reason why it sucked, I heard costume, I heard boring villians.............we can make the same claim about almost every Marvel movie.......IM had boring villians, ALL of the Spiderman movies had boring villians, The Punisher movies, the first 2 X-Men movies.

I just can't wait because in a few years all the current duds will come to light, just like how people are starting see how boring the Spiderman movies were, don't care how good the story is in the first one, when you have that horrible Green Goblin it is very hard to redeem yourself, same deal with 2 and well everyone already agreed that 3 was garbage. Now people admit the first X movie was utter trash. Time will reveal that Captain America was the worst superhero movie in the past 3 years, it is the most boring piece of crap I have ever seen, the only good thing outside of him constantly tossing people was him USO tour, long stupid and boring and time will reveal.

Like I said I liked The Avengers but it is not mindblowing, IM is the only half interesting character and even that is gettng weak, Captain America is boring in the comics and is boring on the screen, Hawkeye and Widow meant nothing, Thor was muted by the heavy cast and the best was Hulk who had the least amount of screen time and he looked terrible.......plus they stole ideas from DC, from the Superman movies and Kingdom Come storylines. Loki was Loki, I love the actor and his characterization of Loki, plus he has an interesting background......oh and Fury was good too.

Why do you seem to feel someone needs to justify to you that GL sucked? Most people do feel that way but if you like that movie more power to you just like I think Avengers was one of the best super hero movies to date, but if you don't agree with me I'm not going to loose sleep over it and don't need you to justify to me why you didn't like it as much. Regardless of why you didn't like Avengers, its not going to influence my opinion of the movie just as I wouldn't expect the fact I think GL wasn't that good would influence your opinion. In both cases I think your opinions are in the minority, not just here on TNI but in general but again if that is how you feel more power to you.

Why do you seem to feel someone needs to justify to you that GL sucked? Most people do feel that way but if you like that movie more power to you just like I think Avengers was one of the best super hero movies to date, but if you don't agree with me I'm not going to loose sleep over it and don't need you to justify to me why you didn't like it as much. Regardless of why you didn't like Avengers, its not going to influence my opinion of the movie just as I wouldn't expect the fact I think GL wasn't that good would influence your opinion. In both cases I think your opinions are in the minority, not just here on TNI but in general but again if that is how you feel more power to you.

Being part of the minority means nothing, Hitler had the majority behind him so did the people who killed Jesus........nuff said!

I don't want to hijack the topic about GL so I will drop it, I will let time deal with that just like it has with the first X movie and the 3 Spidey movies.

Also you said I did not like the Avengers........again like the rest of the mob you misquote and don't really read what I wrote. I never said the Avengers was a bad movie but that it wasn't moving. IMO it is no better than Thor, Green Lantern, or any decent superhero film. There is no real dept to it. I have my only personal movie tier and Avengers would fall under the second along with those I mentioned, first tier movies would be the first 2 Superman films, the latest X Men film, the second Nolan Batman film, Iron Man1, all the other decent ones fall under the second which is where I would place Avengers, third tier is crap movies like Daredevil and the 2-4 Batman films. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, I liked Avengers but it isn't groundbreaking or moving other than it is the first time to see different properties together in a film. The story is simple and thin which isn't a bad thing but there is no dept, the only real story arc is in the little deception and then you have a final battle. Simple isn't a bad thing and it can be masterful I just didn't get it with this. The plot is paper thin and the action doesn't heat up until the end. I enjoyed it for what it was and heck the scene with the Hulk and Loki at the end is worth the movie period!

• Like 2

LOL, I love how no one seems to say watching a bootleg is theft and theft is wrong therefor I am not going to do it.

kind of like promoting a movie as "Iron Man 2" that should be billed as "2 hr Commercial for The Avengers"?

Actually no its nothing like that. I assume your joking but here's a lecture anyway...

tumblr_ljcyybpEWI1qdsk77o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Just watched the bootleg and man..I can't believe Loki had the power to put Thor into a deep sleep.... and how Blackwidow just gave him a simple kiss to wake him up...LOL..

I'm joking.. i'm also waiting til tomorrow midnight to watch it!!! :) @loll@

• Like 1

The only film I've not seen leading up to The Avengers is the second Hulk film with Edward Norton, but I'm not sure it's critical that I see it...

I'm suprised to see so many people bash Iron Man 2. I thought it was great. Maybe not as good as the first one, but I loved it anyway. As for these films being 2-hour commericals for The Avengers...of course they are!! That's what makes them even better. (lol)

Look at it this way...they're "prequels". (Geeze...I'm beginning to hate that term! It's tired and waaay overused.) I'm gonna see The Avengers just as soon as I can. Can't go Friday night though...got a graduation to go to.

I won't get into details but recommend checking it out.

LOL, it goes without saying that everyone will. I'm even hearing average people on the street saying they can't wait to see this. I give the credit to Marvel and the way they set this up. People (comic fans and non fans) know these guys from the individual movies and now they want to see them all together. Props to them.

Goal is to see it sometime between Friday and Sunday, not sure when. I'm sure the Avengers discussion thread (with spoilers) will be 4 pages long before the weekend's out. I'm suprised one's not started yet.

LOL, it goes without saying that everyone will. I'm even hearing average people on the street saying they can't wait to see this. I give the credit to Marvel and the way they set this up. People (comic fans and non fans) know these guys from the individual movies and now they want to see them all together. Props to them.

Goal is to see it sometime between Friday and Sunday, not sure when. I'm sure the Avengers discussion thread (with spoilers) will be 4 pages long before the weekend's out. I'm suprised one's not started yet.

That right there in my opinion lies Marvel's victory not that it's a commercial success but that it brought these characters to audiences who otherwise weren't familiar with them. I have people from work people that have no idea what a comic book is, really excited about this movie, I ran into an old dorm mate from college in the line and he was excited about this movie I haven't seen him like that since the Lord of the Rings movies which were his thing. There were people literally clapping and cheering in the movie theater whenever a one of the characters showed up in the movie, the experience was surreal and overwhelming I literally was grinning ear to ear like a 9 year old throughout most of the movie. The movie is not without flaws but in my opinion they're so minor that it doesn't spoil the whole experience and oh yeah the after credit scene.... full of WINN!!!!

its funny how every marvel movie stole their ideas from DC @smilepunch@ :OT:

but im sure if anyone has seen this bootleg, they wouldn't tell you, well not on here anyway!! @l@

buying my tickets today!! Who's with me?? @popcorn@

but im sure if anyone has seen this bootleg, they wouldn't tell you, well not on here anyway!! @l@

way ahead of you bub :)

No one said every Marvel movie but Spider-Man was a clear rip, Spiderman 2 was a clear rip of Superman 2, both lose their powers, Spiderman 3 ripped Superman 3 both became bad...........nuff said!

Also the end of the Avengers does have ideas and scenes taken directly from the Superman movies, here is a little note to you.........truth never has and never will need validation from Bumblebee85, and thankfully so! It really is sad when people take what you say out of context, so far out of context that its almost like lying, all in an effort to debase someone. How ugly and wicked is that?

Who cares about the stupid bootlegs, if some moron is willing to pay for a DVD of a crappy copy then more power to him. I am happy with all the things the radio station can provide, how many people get advance tickets and can say they interviewed Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and just last night Lou Ferrigno and Roberta Flack........not many if any here on TNI!!!

Speaking on Lou Ferrigno, we interviewed him last night and asked him about playing the Hulk in the new movie, for those who don't know Lou did the voice.

• Like 1

I give credit where credit is due, bringing all of these together has been a masterstroke on a level never seen before.

• Like 1

I give credit where credit is due, bringing all of these together has been a masterstroke on a level never seen before.

I would give credit to Jon Favereau and Robert Downey Jr...responsible for the only passable Marvel movie that has somehow dominoed into this team-up

and or maybe Disney, for helping Marvel's usually bankrupt ass?

Peter losing his powers by doubting himself is straight from the Stan Lee issues. Why do you keep saying that's a rip off of Superman 2 when it happened in the comics?

Amen to that. The movie even paid homage to the classic image of the Spidey suit in the dumpster-straight from the classic comics created BEFORE Superman II.

Peter losing his powers by doubting himself is straight from the Stan Lee issues. Why do you keep saying that's a rip off of Superman 2 when it happened in the comics?

Yeah, see every superhero has lost his or her powers in the comics so that is nothing new, the pattern of the films were lifted directly from the Superman films.........so because at some time before 1981 the Hulk lost his powers can we say that Superman ripped off an issue of the Hulk comics????

• Like 1

so because at some time before 1981 the Hulk lost his powers can we say that Superman ripped off an issue of the Hulk comics????

Indeed not. I think you've just debunked your own argument.

Besides the cooincidence that both heroes loose their powers in their second movie (which you just pointed out correctly to be a common superhero occurance), I'm not seeing any other "clear rips". Unless there was an alternate ending to both Spider movies in which Peter achieves time travel to make all conflict that occured in the previous two hours moot :) THEN you'll have something...

(oh...and, bootleggers are crooks!)

• Like 3