The Avengers 6 inch figures - preview

Superpowers1980

Use the UPC number below, thats how i found the only store within my area that carries this line. The first store I went to didn't have any but the guy was kind enough to enter the upc on their system and saw one store having 8 pieces, I went straight to that store didnt have a peg/shelf for it so I went to the online pick up counter and asked the lady if she can look for the item in their system and she was kind enough to pull it from the back room.

Here's the UPC number for the case assortment 550333649

Hope this helps.

Use the UPC number below, thats how i found the only store within my area that carries this line. The first store I went to didn't have any but the guy was kind enough to enter the upc on their system and saw one store having 8 pieces, I went straight to that store didnt have a peg/shelf for it so I went to the online pick up counter and asked the lady if she can look for the item in their system and she was kind enough to pull it from the back room.

Hope this helps.

That sounds like a lot of associates who like to go out of their way which has never been my experience. Thanks for the upc though!

Hope this helps.

Never thought to go to online pickup.

I found the Walmarts around me to be extremely helpful with this. In the end I went out pallet diving one night and found them, but only because the associate let me know they were on their way.

Went to a couple of walmarts both are resetting for more avengers figs and finally saw the pegs for this line.

Happy Memorial day!!!

470c93c5.jpg

SCORE!! 2 cases at two different WM's tonight. Only the big ones seem to be getting them. Both were on the pallets. And nothing was left but 3 IM's between myself and my friend.

Draven

Thanks! Hmmm not yet. I have not opened them. Hawkeye, Cap and Loki I all love. Hulk could end up being it once I open them though. :) Now I just need a wave 2 with Black Widow.... please oh please Hasbro!!

Draven

Love these especially Hulk. All except Hulk use hasbro's new diluted plastic formula, this is more obvious in the limbs. Hulk uses a heavier thicker plastic, like the old Marvel Legends, this could explain why Hulk is 1 per case, possible fears of over production and Hulk becoming a peg warmer (which never happens , even the Marvel Universe Hulks sell quick). The new plastic is that bad just know that the figs might not survive being left in the California son for a few hours lol. Hulk is so good of a fig that they could of done 3 per case and it would still fly off the shelves. got lucky and got him as they were reseting, minutes later another dude came up and snatched up singles of the rest.

IMG_20120529_121735-1.jpg

IMG_20120529_121648.jpg

I was only able to get 4 figures from my local wal-mart, so until they get another box I'm in between. The prices on eBay are just crazy, or maybe it's the people that don't have Walmart that is just compensating with the higher cost and postage. Anyway I have Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Loki. You see them here with the Hotel Cards to the right of the box. 2nd photo is a Hot Toys Black Widow vs my Black Widow custom figure.

Dam, now I'm thinking of getting a Hope figure for the head and maybe putting it on a marvel select Black widow body or maybe a Emma Frost body.

post-40308-0-51984500-1338792550_thumb.jpg

post-40308-0-87172400-1338792661_thumb.jpg

If anybody has extras lmk I have tons to trade

Love these especially Hulk. All except Hulk use hasbro's new diluted plastic formula, this is more obvious in the limbs. Hulk uses a heavier thicker plastic, like the old Marvel Legends, this could explain why Hulk is 1 per case, possible fears of over production and Hulk becoming a peg warmer (which never happens , even the Marvel Universe Hulks sell quick). The new plastic is that bad just know that the figs might not survive being left in the California son for a few hours lol. Hulk is so good of a fig that they could of done 3 per case and it would still fly off the shelves. got lucky and got him as they were reseting, minutes later another dude came up and snatched up singles of the rest.

I didn't really notice them having a cheaper plastic so much. But like you said, Hulk's torso is obviously a different kind of plastic because it is hollow so they need to use a more rigid plastic to make the shell. However, I don't really like that kind of plastic. and it was only used on a few ML figures, big guys like Rhino.

All in all I found that these figures are really well done except for maybe a lack of some nice paint apps. I really liked Loki, his helmet is pretty awesome and fits very well. It's just too bad that these figures are movie figures because I definitely prefer comic designs. But I would say that Hasbro did these figures much better than their first 2 waves of the new ML series from this year

I don't really like that kind of plastic. and it was only used on a few ML figures, big guys like Rhino.

Yeah, I have that Rhino. The first Thing was also hallow. I like when they do the big guys like that. They're lighter and I feel like if they fall over it won't be like dropping a brick on my other figures.

Photo 1: Captain America Line - Nick Fury, Custom Iron Man 2 - Black Widow

Photo 2: Avengers - Captain America, Captain America Line - Modern Captain America

Differences (Avengers version is brighter in color, does not have the chin strap, ears are covered. Costume matches the Avengers movie) - (Has a brown chin strap, colors are darker, costume matches CA-TFA)

Photo 3: Avengers - Thor, Thor Line - Thor

Differences (Looking at both Thors the body are the exact same color, costume design, size - you may be able to make them have interchangeable heads. The only differences is the Thor Movie version has a sealed helmet and the other Avenger version does not.)

Photo 4: Marvel Select - Iron Man w/ Removable mask and interchangeable hands, Avengers - Iron Man

Differences (Avengers version is alot smaller and has battle damage, MS version bigger with all the goodies.)

I don't have the complete Marvel Select versions, due to them being more expensive. So I settled for these in my price range.

Sorry for everyone else having trouble finding them, International collectors - I think sense you guys got Eaglemoss the trade out seems to even the scales a little. But being that these Avengers figure were limited to Wal-Mart only and only limited each store a single case makes them even that much harder to find. I mean I had luck when I found Hawkeye, I never laid eyes on the Hulk and I couldn't even find him with exception to eBay and even then I wasn't going to pay that much for a figure.

post-40308-0-11034000-1338866655_thumb.jpg

post-40308-0-30090100-1338866919_thumb.jpg

post-40308-0-51811900-1338867111_thumb.jpg

post-40308-0-63321000-1338867179_thumb.jpg

Jahue.... your Loki has longer hair... did you mod it? I got mine and its so short I don't like it! :(

Draven

I did mod it. I bought an en extra helmeted Thor when they were on clearance and I cut out his head and hollowed out the helmet. I used the hair that stuck out the back of the helmet for Loki. I simply took an exacto knife and sliced off the hair and glued it to Loki. I used some sculpt to make it mesh and then painted it. it was pretty simple. A wrestling figure with long hair might work too