The Avengers 6 inch figures - preview

Superpowers1980

I think the overall sculpts are ok but I do have my reservations:

I don't like Hulk hands open or in a grasp, I mean those are fine but I prefer fists. Too many Hulk figures have IMO stupid hand designs, at least make his hands interchangeable to fist and grasp. I won't be getting this version for that reason but I LOVE the face. I love the way the Hulk was drawn in the 70's-early 80's (82 cartoon)and the Face Off Hulk captured that the best.......horrible hands of course........this one has a nice mixture of the classic look with a modern look too. Maybe I will get it but I am bummed with the hands.

I hope the Thor is not the same as the 6 inch movie version, I don't understand Hasbro at times. I know people love the varied sculpts but half of them don't work out, ex the movie Thor, I bought it and it broke right out the package, the leg was designed differently than the standard legends and was held in place with a single peg making it difficult to move the hip joint or to even see how it was held in place. I thought it was standard articulation but it wasn't and with light movement came a SNAP which forced me to waste money on the brick that was the Marvel Select version..........without helmet........ugh. I hope this one is done right.

Loki looks fantastic, I seriously hope this one has standard articulation because it is perfect to me. The movie design costume is one of my favorites and the actor from the movie was brilliant, I want one bad, he is my top if only choice from this line.

• Like 2

I might get the Hawkeye.

I'm betting the Thor is the same as the Thor movie figure just with a helmet-less head. So that will be a pass.

Cap is cool but I like the 6" movie Cap a lot more.

Hulk is also cool but when you own a TB face-off Hulk, every other Hulk seems kind of unnecessary.

Loki is a maybe.

I don't need to see Iron Man to know I'll just stick with my 6" version from the first movie. Essentially the same suit just with a circle on the chest instead of a triangle (getting to the point in my collecting where little things like that aren't enough to warrant spending another $15 +, even if my IM isn't technically "Avengers" IM).

Weren't they doing a 6" Black Widow too?

I'm betting the Thor is the same as the Thor movie figure just with a helmet-less head. So that will be a pass.

Hulk is also cool but when you own a TB face-off Hulk, every other Hulk seems kind of unnecessary.

The helmet is why I chose the Hasbro one in the first place, darn shame it was a horrible figure that was poorly designed.

LOL about the hulk, both those darn hands man.........those nasty, nasty, nasty hands. One of them actually folds into the weirdest possible motion ever.

What is his right hand supposed to do with that articulation???.........is he supposed to make hand puppets, a duck or something. He is the best Hulk with the most non-perfect articulation ever.......Hulk punches more than anything yet most have strange hand articualtion....AARRGGG

mlfo1_hl1.jpg

I might get the Hawkeye.

Weren't they doing a 6" Black Widow too?

I'm thinking about getting Hawkeye too, the figure looks pretty good.

I was hoping Black Widow would get a figure too, I was surprised she wasn't in the lineup pictured.

I'm still on the fence about these figures there's something off with Hulks hands plus I have the FO and ML 2pack one. Captain America looks good so far but I'll wait to see it in person before I make up my mind. Iron Man from what I've read is a battle damaged repaint of the IM2 one which I already own so pass for me. The Thor is a repackaged helmet less version of the previous one and I prefer my Marvel Select version so another pass for me. So far this another hit and miss from Hasbro considering the hype Avengers movie is getting I thought Hasbro would come up with something better. The 2 gems of the wave and the 2 I'll most probably end up getting seem to be Loki like Superpowers I love the costume design and like the actor's work; the other is Hawkeye here's a review of the figure:

I read there's a possibility that there's a wave2 on the works since we're missing the sleeveless Thor that was shown in NYCC so we might get Black Widow or some other figures. Personally I'm hoping for a comic series like the 4'' one and we get some classic villains.

Maybe the Hulk. He's about the only one that can fit in with my other figures. Not bothering with the rest.

I wonder if we will be able to see these on the shelves, Hasbro seems to really not be interested in 6 inch figures, the Thor line was impossible to find, even the crappy 6 inchers (LIMITED ARTICULATION FIGURES) had their moments, a glut of Thor but I never saw a Destroyer. All Avengers for 3 3\4 will be found and no one will care.

I wonder if we will be able to see these on the shelves, Hasbro seems to really not be interested in 6 inch figures, the Thor line was impossible to find, even the crappy 6 inchers (LIMITED ARTICULATION FIGURES) had their moments, a glut of Thor but I never saw a Destroyer. All Avengers for 3 3\4 will be found and no one will care.

That's actually one of the reasons I don't get my hopes up with these figures, they're Walmart exclusives and I have lousy luck when it comes to Walmart exclusives. I never once found the Cap and Thor movie figures so when these were announced as Walmart exclusives I was somewhat disappointed.

Hawkeye, Cap and Hulk are all must haves for me. Loki looks ok and so does Thor. But I wish it was different besides the head. Though I have said all along I will be the whole set. I love the movies and Avengers looks bad ass.

Draven

I will be getting them all. I am bummed about Thor. I wish we could get the blue color scheme that he seems to sport in the Avengers and I hope we are still getting the SDCC one that had longer hair and no armored chain mail.

LOL about the hulk, both those darn hands man.........those nasty, nasty, nasty hands. One of them actually folds into the weirdest possible motion ever.

What is his right hand supposed to do with that articulation???.........is he supposed to make hand puppets, a duck or something. He is the best Hulk with the most non-perfect articulation ever.......Hulk punches more than anything yet most have strange hand articualtion....AARRGGG

Yeah, I'd have designed that hand different, but in the grand scheme of all of my 6" action figures and all the other things I could get upset over, face-off Hulk's right hand only merits a big "Oh well..." in my book. I had the original ML Hulk who's hands were much worse. They SHOULD have had the bendy fingers (like the first ML Thing...which was cool)but for some reason that feature didn't work. Leaving him with both hands in a permanent "I'm-gone-slap-yo-face" position.

The figures in package look cool. The bases are lame.

(My day ended at 2:40 but I'm supposed to be here until 3:45. Just killin' time....just killin' time.....)

I'm getting all of them. They look great. Hopefully, if there is a second wave we'll get Black Widow, an army-builder alien, maybe a properly scaled Fury, and my personal Holy Grail, Coulson.

...and Maria Hill which should be an easy make. Pre-existing female SHIELD body with a new head. I just recently realized that she's Cobie Smulders who is really great (and funny) on How I Met Your Mother, I think that's cool.

(Still waiting to go home...)

Yeah, I'd have designed that hand different, but in the grand scheme of all of my 6" action figures and all the other things I could get upset over, face-off Hulk's right hand only merits a big "Oh well..." in my book. I had the original ML Hulk who's hands were much worse. They SHOULD have had the bendy fingers (like the first ML Thing...which was cool)but for some reason that feature didn't work. Leaving him with both hands in a permanent "I'm-gone-slap-yo-face" position.

(My day ended at 2:40 but I'm supposed to be here until 3:45. Just killin' time....just killin' time.....)

About FO Hulk's hands maybe he gets lonely sometimes......

So does Hawkeye come with any arrows?

Well from the video Belmont13 provided no they don't =(

It sucks about the arrows on that Hawkeye, releasing a Hawkeye figure without arrows is like releasing a Necron without his scythe, no wait.

About FO Hulk's hands maybe he gets lonely sometimes......

So does Hawkeye come with any arrows?

Well from the video Belmont13 provided no they don't =(

It sucks about the arrows on that Hawkeye, releasing a Hawkeye figure without arrows is like releasing a Necron without his scythe, no wait.

^LMAO

Dammit... I'll have to buy them all. And I've been firmly anti-movie figures, but Hawkeye won me over, so I'll need to get the whole team.

I don't see them making a Maria Hill figure because it would dilute the importance of the Black Widow figure in the line, I think they'll want to push Scarlet Johannsen as the female lead of the movie. Black Widow is supposed to get a spinoff movie, isn't she? I know she was grafted into the original Avengers movie concept after the fact.

I could see wave 2 (following a six figure concept) being:

Black Widow

Nick Fury

Thor (exposed arms/different costume)

Iron Man (other armor version)

Captain America (some military variation)

POSSIBLY Agent Coulson or Bruce Banner?

And I'm encouraged by the line "Movie Series" on the packaged pics, because that might lead to a comic series! We need a new Comic version Hawkeye (but I want mainstream, not Ultimate), and I'd love some new takes on Thor (Thunderstrike?!) or even Scarlet Witch and Vision. Comic Series Red Skull needs to happen in 6 inches also. Comic Odin? Lots of potential here.....

I'm getting all of them. They look great. Hopefully, if there is a second wave we'll get Black Widow, an army-builder alien, maybe a properly scaled Fury, and my personal Holy Grail, Coulson.

...and Maria Hill which should be an easy make. Pre-existing female SHIELD body with a new head. I just recently realized that she's Cobie Smulders who is really great (and funny) on How I Met Your Mother, I think that's cool.

(Still waiting to go home...)

I'm surprised more people have not included Maria in their wants. I want Miss Sparkles in plastic form too

I'm kinda REALLY stinking glad they dont come with a BAF part or anything, and it seems the bases can be connected in more than 1 way, and that's kinda cool. I want the 4 "New" figures in this wave: Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye (THE MOST), and Loki. I have the First Avenger Cap, I have the Incredible Target Exclusive Hulk, and I have the MS Loki, SO Hawkeye is the only character actually missing from my collection. BUT I would LOVE to have the modern versions of every one. My top TWO figures from this wave is Hawkeye and then Loki... the one I want least, I guess, is Hulk, but I still really stinking want him...