Botcon 2012

Agent Adam

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to get Peter's autograph..I should have last time.. i will have to buy me an O.P. figure for him to sign at BotCon... I'm sure my new camera phone will be better than last time's @smilepunch@

I really want to get Peter's autograph..I should have last time.. i will have to buy me an O.P. figure for him to sign at BotCon... I'm sure my new camera phone will be better than last time's @smilepunch@

They're doing a lottery for a chance to get his autograph this year.. since there's so many people and he is only available for one autograph session.

Take pics AA... I hope we see surprises that is G1 related...

Of course! I will be tweeting live at the show too. Live vicariously through me!! :P

It's on the Botcon website. Honestly, I think its the best choice. Past couple of years people who had been waiting in line for over an hour still didn't get the chance to meet him. Now at least people won't waste time. It's not the ideal solution, but I think it's the best one.

yup its a fair way everyone gets a shot ... Its better than handing out tickets to the first people that show up when I was at eccc I wanted to get kirkmans ticket... was there for 3 days

day 1 i had no clue they were doing tickets ...

day 2 last ticket got given to the guy next to me

day 3 got completely pushed & shoved by aholes in the back of the line running to get a ticket

random lotto = none of that bs above

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS, BOTCON IS LIKE IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little excited.

hey AA if you manage to get one of those extra shadow bats(kingbat repaint) i want it lol

Nine freakin' hours at the custom class! ... and I didn't even finish it. @bumblebee@ I freaking hated RtS Jazz the whole day until I got the box set. Treadshot is soooo nice.

If you didn't know, the custom figure was an homage to both Animated Longarm/Shockwave and Alternators Shockwave. Uses the RtS Jazz mold in pruple and gray, with an alternate resin Shockwave head and gun hand replacement, neither of which I had time to paint cause I was frikkin' tired after nine hours of that with only three hours of sleep.

FoC Bruticus looked a little better here than at Toy Fair.. but still had that G2 color scheme. One of the billion people I've had conversations with in the last few days was talking to the guys at High Moon Studios who apparently said that there are three versions of that set in the works. Didn't get any info on how those would be released, and since I didn't hear it from the High Moon guy myself I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate.

There was NOTHING in the Hasbro display case we haven't seen before BUT there were placards out in empty shelves that said to check back tomorrow. So should be some new figure reveals soon.

It's been hinted that Scourge from RtS G2 Prime will be a Club exclusive of some sort next year............

I have met so many people in the last three days my threshold for remembering names to faces has been obliterated. But its been a BLAST and I completely understand why someone people refer to the con as "Bro-con."

TOYRUS is getting MP-10... I am glad I held out...

I'm assuming your refering to Prime with his trailer? I just saw it on a Facebook post

Does anybody know a price as of yet?

This is great

transformers-masterpiece-optimus-prime%20(6)__scaled_600.jpg

I am guessing around a $100... Maybe AA heard something...

I hope not :(

I am guessing he will be over a hundred though because the Japanese one is around 250. this is also a TRU exclusive - they priced their tf exclusive a lot. From what I can tell, the eyes are lighter, the mouth plate is dull grey, and roller is blue when compared to the Japanese version.

I have the Japanese one though I am thinking of getting this one. I hope the red plastic is better than the Takara version. Mines already has stress marks on the window hinges despite that I never opened up his chest.

The rumored 100 price point at Seibertron.com sounds too good to be true considering that Hot Rod was 70 when he came out and had his trailer replaced with a targetmaster. The Japanese Rodimus Convoy was 200 whereas Convoy was around 235-50. Prime is also bigger and has all his accessories with paint apps not suffering too much. While it might be true that Rodimus' core and trailer has more tooling (i don't have him) than Prime, something isn't right. I am thinking he will be around 120-150.

I am guessing he will be over a hundred though because the Japanese one is around 250. this is also a TRU exclusive - they priced their tf exclusive a lot. From what I can tell, the eyes are lighter, the mouth plate is dull grey, and roller is blue when compared to the Japanese version.

I have the Japanese one though I am thinking of getting this one. I hope the red plastic is better than the Takara version. Mines already has stress marks on the window hinges despite that I never opened up his chest.

The rumored 100 price point at Seibertron.com sounds too good to be true considering that Hot Rod was 70 when he came out and had his trailer replaced with a targetmaster. The Japanese Rodimus Convoy was 200 whereas Convoy was around 235-50. Prime is also bigger and has all his accessories with paint apps not suffering too much. While it might be true that Rodimus' core and trailer has more tooling (i don't have him) than Prime, something isn't right. I am thinking he will be around 120-150.

I be happy at $100... Okay if its $120...