New G.I.Joe Figure Repaints On The Way?!?

The Wire

I'm in East Tennessee, about ten-to-fifteen miles north of Knoxville, to be exact.

I couldn't help myself...I really couldn't afford it, but I went back awhile ago and got Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Shipwreck. So now I have them all except two, Duke and the Cobra soldier. It just occured to me that the cardbacks have the red Arashikage symbol on them. Maybe subliminally I knew it, but I'm just now realizing it. I guess I was thinking it was the red striping of the 30th Anniversary packaging.

I just love these things. The paint's good, the cardbacks are smaller than usual, but they're made with the same cardstock as regular retail releases, and they just look and feel like full-fledged Hasbro offerings instead of the accessory-less, cheaply-carded afterthought figures we've seen in the discount dollar store lines of the past. Hasbro has actually put some thought and effort into these. This whole situation just mistifies me. It's just so out of left field for Hasbro to release a dollar-store exclusive line that's actually of such high-quality. It's just weird yet so very awesome.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in East Tennessee, about ten-to-fifteen miles north of Knoxville, to be exact.

I couldn't help myself...I really couldn't afford it, but I went back awhile ago and got Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Shipwreck. So now I have them all except two, Duke and the Cobra soldier. It just occured to me that the cardbacks have the red Arashikage symbol on them. Maybe subliminally I knew it, but I'm just now realizing it. I guess I was thinking it was the red striping of the 30th Anniversary packaging.

I just love these things. The paint's good, the cardbacks are smaller than usual, but they're made with the same cardstock as regular retail releases, and they just look and feel like full-fledged Hasbro offerings instead of the accessory-less, cheaply-carded afterthought figures we've seen in the discount dollar store lines of the past. Hasbro has actually put some thought and effort into these. This whole situation just mistifies me. It's just so out of left field for Hasbro to release a dollar-store exclusive line that's actually of such high-quality. It's just weird yet so very awesome.

Called the Dollar General closest to me (5 within 10 minutes) and the manager told me they had gotten some new Joes in. Gonna buy all I can (if they are indeed these figures) and will help out all I can on these forums. I will update tomorrow and will sell as many extras as I can get at cost plus shipping. I hope I can help out as many Joe fans as I can with no Dollar Generals close by. If I can help it, no one will have to pay $100 plus for these figures (Who would anyway?!). Keep your fingers crossed!

found them at the first DG store I went to day (out of 3)

CameraZOOM-20120511205655870.jpg

Still more stores around but either didn't have them yet or hadn't put them out. Still might make a run next week. Oh I got them for $3.50 because apparently they were stocked on an empty Combat Heroes peg

good, no great, score!

like I said, to anyone that finds them, please keep me in mind if you find extras. I have paypal ready to go

Got a set yesterday @ $6 a piece. They were at the second one I tried. Because I wanted another trooper and a second Snake Eyes ( I want to switch the thigh and knee with that PoC SE) I looked at several more. In total I went to eight and only found them at the one. Granted it's still early in release so I'm hoping to find them at some other point in time.

Guys, there are tons of Dollar General stores near me, I mean tons. When I can afford it, I too would be glad to help anyone out that can't find these. I'm kinda strapped for cash right now, but when I'm in a position to snag extras, I'll be sure to do so.

Guys, there are tons of Dollar General stores near me, I mean tons. When I can afford it, I too would be glad to help anyone out that can't find these. I'm kinda strapped for cash right now, but when I'm in a position to snag extras, I'll be sure to do so.

Went to a total of 4 Family Dollars (just in case... they usually have about the same stuff as Dollar General) and 9 Dollar Generals today here in NC... NO LUCK! The manager at Dollar General that I talked to on the phone last night must have been talking about the Rise of Cobra Combat Heroes when she told me they had the new figures in. They had 4 new cases of those(?!) I might need some help if anyone can find them before me... then if I find them, I will pay it forward and help anyone I can. All the Ebay auctions that have them in the US are either Texas or Tennessee, so not sure how the shipping / distribution is going. If anyone can help me with a set, I'd be happy to pay a little more for your time and gas. I know you can't go looking for figures for free. If anyone can help, please let me know.

I went to a Dollar General today, but they only had the old JvsC figures like Teli-Viper, Ace, and CLAWS for 3.50.

I passed on them. I really want these new guys.

Rumors, rumors, rumors! More and more of these figures are showing up on Ebay and some have some strange things in their descriptions. I know that sellers try to make their items sound more exotic and rare to try and raise the price, but does anyone out there really know the truth on these?

* Some say Dollar General exclusive, but are they? I have never known Dollar General to have exclusives of their own, but shared exclusives with Family Dollar and such. We also have a store here called Roses that usually has a lot of the same things, as well as a store called Freds.

* Some say that each store is getting one case. The cases I have seen (in the pics anyway) only have six figures per case - One of each. My husband and I have well over 15 years of combined retail management experience, and neither of us can remember figures coming in cases of one of each figure per case. Maybe one of a certain figure, but never one of each. This seems really strange to me.

I'm sure there are going to be more questions as the figures trickle out into stores, but I was just wondering if anyone out there really knew, 100% positive, the truth on these figures. Maybe a Dollar General employee or something. The managers that we know have not known anything about them since they haven't shown up here yet. If anyone can shed some light on these figures, I know that a lot of people would truly appreciate it.

So far they are only showing up at DG, so that's where that rumors coming from. But they are shipping in a case of one of each figure per case and all the stores I've read about have only been getting a single case in right now. I just keep telling people that it's still early and these figures are just starting to show up.

Hit 4 DG's yesterday, and all 4 had 1 each of the figures. I grabbed the ones I wanted (minus CC & SS) and a couple extra Dukes and Cobra figures, for troop building.

Went to 2 more DG's today (5 so far total) and none there. I've already found one set but where is everyone else finding them (in the store)? The set I found was on an empty Combat Heroes peg and based on what I have seen there are no pegs yet for these (at least in the toy section near the MU vehicle figures).

Angie- so far it seems like they actually do come in a case of 6, 1 of each.

Went to six more Dollar General stores today (plus the other 13 that I stopped by again that I visited this weekend) and found nothing! I am done! I give up! There is only so much random driving around and going blindly into stores looking for these things that I can do. I have spent WAY too much money on gas and put WAY too many miles on my car searching for figures that (if only one case per store and only one of each figure per case) I'll probably never see. It's things like this that make me truly hate collecting. I saw these figures over a month ago and have been looking forward to them since. I remember thinking... Hey, these are dollar store exclusives, so these will be so easy to find. I mean, they still have Tele Vipers, Dusty and Ace from those old exclusives, so how hard could these new ones possibly be to find? I can't go to every Dollar General every day in hopes that the one case hasn't sold already... I can't waste that much money on gas prices... and I WILL NOT pay the ridiculous prices these are going for on Ebay! I can't pad someone else's pockets with my hard earned money to let someone make a 400% profit! If I see them one day I see them, but I am finished searching them out. Good luck to everyone else out there.

Went to six more Dollar General stores today (plus the other 13 that I stopped by again that I visited this weekend) and found nothing! I am done! I give up! There is only so much random driving around and going blindly into stores looking for these things that I can do. I have spent WAY too much money on gas and put WAY too many miles on my car searching for figures that (if only one case per store and only one of each figure per case) I'll probably never see. It's things like this that make me truly hate collecting. I saw these figures over a month ago and have been looking forward to them since. I remember thinking... Hey, these are dollar store exclusives, so these will be so easy to find. I mean, they still have Tele Vipers, Dusty and Ace from those old exclusives, so how hard could these new ones possibly be to find? I can't go to every Dollar General every day in hopes that the one case hasn't sold already... I can't waste that much money on gas prices... and I WILL NOT pay the ridiculous prices these are going for on Ebay! I can't pad someone else's pockets with my hard earned money to let someone make a 400% profit! If I see them one day I see them, but I am finished searching them out. Good luck to everyone else out there.

I think you'll eventually find them. There's not much hurry with this sort of thing. Dollar General might even have more when Christmas time comes around.

Go to a couple store each week. You don't have to hit 13 stores every day. When I worked at DG they got shipments on Mondays. Your local stores probably only get stuff once a week also. Also, managers at DG don't get to order stock. Upper management decided what to send your store, so sometimes you get stuff you are not sold out of and sometimes you go for weeks without something you normally carry. It's a weird system.

I hit up two today and came up with nothing. I did find a generic four pack of 5" ninjas, two of which looked so much like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow that I almost bought it for the novelty.

Oh, and I was not alone. Another collector was walking down the alies looking for them too. How do I know? Oh...I can tell... :)

Go to a couple store each week. You don't have to hit 13 stores every day.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it. Be patient everybody, it wouldn't hurt to save yourself the gas too.

One of my Dollar General manager hook-ups called me today and had a complete set of these figures for me. Not a bad set, so I hope to find more. Especially the Cobra Trooper. I LOVE the black and silver costume. Very nice! The Snake Eyes is nice except his head is too small. Cobra Commander is ok, nothing special. Same goes for Shipwreck. His neck is too thin and long and his head is kind of perched up on top of it. Storm Shadow is really nice as well. I am liking it more and more as I mess around with it. He is a strong sculpt with a lot of the pieces from Renegades Storm Shadow. Pretty much the entire figure except for the head and hood from what I can tell. My biggest letdown from this set is the Duke figure. I don't really think of him as Duke, but more of a troop builder Green Shirt as far as our collection goes. Funny thing is, and I will post pics when my camera is working right, that when you take the helmet the figure is packed in off, he looks just like Dr. Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. He needs a little darker hair to be an exact ringer, but the hair style and just the way his face looks is identical. I showed it to my oldest daughter and didn't say anything, just asked her who it looked like. She guessed on the first try. So, go into battle with Sheldon leading your troops? I have plenty other manager friends, so if I can score another set or two, I will offer them up to collectors here. I hope I can help you all out. One thing I can add to the hunt, and this could be coincidence, but I got these figures from a Dollar General that just opened about 3 weeks ago. One other person I know got them a few towns away at another newer store. The older Dollar Generals here have not gotten any. Could it be that newer stores are getting them first? Just a suggestion. I know that a lot of people are having trouble. I know I was. Thanks to my friend for helping me out. I hope I can return the favor to some collectors here.

I don't know about that angiedee...I hit a new store today and they didn't have them. The one's I've found have been in the older stores. There's one nearby I'm hoping to check out tomorrow. I went to another store near work yesterday and finally got the Cobra soldier and "Duke" (I use that code name loosely) (lol) along with a second Shipwreck and Cobra Commander. I'd really like to find another Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, but I guess I should consider myself lucky to have even one of each at this point.