New G.I.Joe Figure Repaints On The Way?!?

The Wire

I have customs of battle Corps CC, DDP Shipwreck and Ninja Force stormshadow, but I still plan on buying all three. I might need to tweak their shipwreck and make him darker like mine, and it appears he needs a holster on his right leg, but the trut of the matter is even after dremel work and testing I am always a little nervous about my customs joints. Ninja Force SS is easily better parts than mine too, although I miss the smoke grenade holder around his neck.

I think is a great business movie, those type of stores have been growing recently, while everything else is shrinking. This could be a great investment for the brand and put actually compatible with other retail joes in new homes. I really think the big reason the DTC/vvv ones flopped is that they hung around during the excitement over the newest sculpt and everyone was ditching that style.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband knows the manager at one of the local Dollar General stores and she told him that they haven't heard anything at all about any GI Joe figures. She told him that they are still sitting on a bunch of the older "dollar store" figures like Televiper, Ace, and Dusty. We also spoke with the manager at the local Family Dollar and she didn't know anything about them either. She told us that they deffinitely didn't have any peg signage or anything to put out. Nothing was showing up on orders or truck info either. It looks like, if these figures are coming, it's going to be a while. We can't wait for them. I think they look a lot better than the Retaliation figures.

Nice, and they should be at a decent price too. I'm going to be hunting for Shipwreck and Duke(who looks more like Grunt to me).

Easily more excited about this than the Retaliation figs. The B colors of these guys are sweet too. If you missed out on renegades stormshadow a kit bash of the two stormies and a head swap and you can have a paint free one (the head will be off but close enough)

I think some people have a lot of money and don't care about paying 4 times what they might cost at US retail to get them early.

Or, some people might not be convinced that these will see an actual US release and are jumping at the chance... in which case, these might actually be CHEAPER than they will be later

I got to see these in person lat weekend at a local toy show, it's funny how something so simple can be so right. Lets just hope the price is right too. My fav was Shippy, reminds me of the awesome TNI days that were Spytroops, lol.

Hi guys!

Recently I purchased a First Sergeant Duke figure with newpackaging (picture attached). I was wondering if this was really produced byHasbro? The figure’s base stand doesn’t have the character’s name printed on itand the hip screws are different. The date under the base stand says “2007”,but on the card back it says “2011”. The figure’s sculpt is superb, but thetexture is quite different. It seems a softer plastic was used. Snake Eyes andStorm Shadow are already sold out. I hope they will have a re-stock because I’mgoing to complete the set, because they look awesome! LOL

post-39239-0-27855200-1335776501_thumb.jpg

post-39239-0-18946200-1335776513_thumb.jpg

Hi guys!

Recently I purchased a First Sergeant Duke figure with newpackaging (picture attached). I was wondering if this was really produced byHasbro? The figure's base stand doesn't have the character's name printed on itand the hip screws are different. The date under the base stand says "2007",but on the card back it says "2011". The figure's sculpt is superb, but thetexture is quite different. It seems a softer plastic was used. Snake Eyes andStorm Shadow are already sold out. I hope they will have a re-stock because I'mgoing to complete the set, because they look awesome! LOL

Where did you purchase it at, and how much did it cost? You're not in the US, right?

You know it's wierd, these are ALL figures people have complained about getting too many of in the past, now no one can wait to own them. If I were a toy company, I would not want to try to figure out the toy collector.

I'm wondering about that TRU sticker on that Duke too...

I got to see these in person lat weekend at a local toy show, it's funny how something so simple can be so right. Lets just hope the price is right too. My fav was Shippy, reminds me of the awesome TNI days that were Spytroops, lol.

oh Spytroops... one of the saddest moments of GiJoe for me lol

weird, that sticker says Toys R Us on it. I haven't seen anything to disprove that these were not made by Hasbro though.

they have alot of Toys R Us stores in Asia. I know when I went to Malaysia they had as many or more TRU stores than I have in my town, and we have four. It seems that every mall has a TRU in it

weird, that sticker says Toys R Us on it. I haven't seen anything to disprove that these were not made by Hasbro though.

they have alot of Toys R Us stores in Asia. I know when I went to Malaysia they had as many or more TRU stores than I have in my town, and we have four. It seems that every mall has a TRU in it

Thats because they are taking over the world....one nation at a time...

You know it's wierd, these are ALL figures people have complained about getting too many of in the past, now no one can wait to own them. If I were a toy company, I would not want to try to figure out the toy collector.

Compared to the Retaliation figures, these suddenly look pretty darn good.

No arguement there. Man looking at the preorders for Retaliation stuff, I'm thinking I may pass on all of them. But that's OT...

• 2 weeks later...

they have been found at Dollar General for 6 bucks each. There are no dollar generals in my town, so if anyone can score me a set please, I would be grateful.

I'll be on the lookout...although I'm broke right now, there are several Dollar General and/or Dollar General Market stores in my area. Gosh, I can think of seven or eight right off the top of my head that's within a fifty-mile radius of where I live alone. No wait, there's nine or ten! (lol) I sure hope I can find these figures...

Eh, kinda. Duke doesn't look like Duke (he looks like grunt) and the characters they used, maybe used a lot, but these are the designs I've seen asked for. I think they err when they throw out random jungle madness stormshadow, Mr. Freeze destro, etc.

Score!! I found the whole wave (I think) on the way home from work this afternoon, at the Dollar General that's about four miles from my house, of all places. I don't know if it's the entire wave, but I found Snake Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander, the black Cobra soldier, Shipwreck, and Storm Shadow. They must have just been put out today, because the cardbacks were still mint. I could only afford one of them though, so I grabbed my favorite character, Snake Eyes, and...I'm ashamed to admit this, but...I hid the rest of them. I usually don't do that, but my gut tells me this may be my only chance at getting these figures at retail for a reasonable price. But my gut has been wrong before... (lol)

Guys, these things look really great in person. They're not your normal cheap, poorly-painted dollar store fare. These could have easily been 25th Anniversary releases. They're so awesome. I hope I'm able to snag the rest of them later or find them later when I get paid again. I haven't been this excited about Joes in quite some time.

Score!! I found the whole wave (I think) on the way home from work this afternoon, at the Dollar General that's about four miles from my house, of all places. I don't know if it's the entire wave, but I found Snake Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander, the black Cobra soldier, Shipwreck, and Storm Shadow. They must have just been put out today, because the cardbacks were still mint. I could only afford one of them though, so I grabbed my favorite character, Snake Eyes, and...I'm ashamed to admit this, but...I hid the rest of them. I usually don't do that, but my gut tells me this may be my only chance at getting these figures at retail for a reasonable price. But my gut has been wrong before... (lol)

Guys, these things look really great in person. They're not your normal cheap, poorly-painted dollar store fare. These could have easily been 25th Anniversary releases. They're so awesome. I hope I'm able to snag the rest of them later or find them later when I get paid again. I haven't been this excited about Joes in quite some time.

Where are you located? They still haven't shown up around my house...