Sign in to follow this  
mako

Young Justice Figures Cancelled.

To be honest, I am alright with this. The price point for the 6" figures with the accessories is ridiculous. I am glad that I was able to pick up the Batman and Kid Flash for about $15 shipped from China. I don't really need the accessories, they just end up in a box or with another display. Having just one wave of the All-Stars is good with me, from what they had announced it was going to be heavy on repaints of figures I bought years ago. All of the characters announced for the sub work for me as long as we get Elastigirl and a larger Doomsday as two of the Quarterly figures. At least with the sub, I am not being force fed more Supes and Batman's. That being said, I will not continue with the sub if they force that awful Flashpoint Plastic Man on us.

I just checked on the BBTS site and they are still offering the Batman and Kid Flash, but have taken down the preorders for Guardian and Superboy, so those first two might still be shipping.

On a side note, can we just merge this topic with the other YJ cancelled topic?

Did they complete the Hall of Justice that was coming with the 4" YJ figures?The bad thing is that Mattel can just use this with the old "characters outside Batman and Superman don't sell" argument.

I love how Mattel slaps a $25 price tag on the yj figs and say "we are cancelling the line due to lack of intrest and poor sales." Like its all the collectors fault. They should say, its due to the fact that we at mattel set the prices too high for buyers and collectors, and are currently working to lower the prices to a reasonable number.

That will never happen tho. All I really wanted was a black shirt Connor Kent fig. Hopefully it will be online down the road.

I just hope that the cancellation of the toyline doesn't leak into the Animated show... I would really hate it if the show got cancelled, because this is the best DC Comics animated show on TV, since the original Batman the Animated series of 1992 - 1994.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the show is in jeopardy of cancellation, its clearly the best show on the DC Nation block and one of the best action cartoons I've seen in a long time. There is an audience for this show, more so than there ever was for the overpriced toys.

I love how Mattel slaps a $25 price tag on the yj figs and say "we are cancelling the line due to lack of intrest and poor sales." Like its all the collectors fault. They should say, its due to the fact that we at mattel set the prices too high for buyers and collectors, and are currently working to lower the prices to a reasonable number.

Too true. It seems that DC toy fans haven't had to say anything to speak the truth about this line. By choosing not to buy the toys, the fans let Mattel know their displeasure with the price and quality of the product. That was more truthful of a statement than this BS coming from Mattel.

Same old same old from Mattel. This is just more of what they spew on the forums but slightly different. I don't even think they know what is going on with AS or DCUC @loll@

Draven

What was wave 1 of All Stars supposed to be? I know they changed it up.

I believe it was Larfleeze, Superboy Prime, Batman Beyond (re-release), and Flashpoint Plastic Man.

I might've bought them if they'd thrown in an extra head sculpt for each figure that was less cartoony/anime and more comic accurate.

Why would they do that? They're not meant to be comic accurate. Most of them had cartoon style sculpted chests and other pieces as well. They're meant to be based on their looks in Young Justice only, nothing more.

I am pretty bummed about this. I just finally found Sportsmaster a couple of days ago. I really wanted M'gann, Kid Flask, and black shirt Conner. Actually I was digging the bats and guardian too. Hopefully they will still release the bats and kid flash

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the show is in jeopardy of cancellation, its clearly the best show on the DC Nation block and one of the best action cartoons I've seen in a long time. There is an audience for this show, more so than there ever was for the overpriced toys.

with the price and quality of the product. That was more truthful of a statement than this BS coming from Mattel.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Cartoon Network. EVERY show is in danger of cancellation. If it's not a poorly drawn doodle spouting fart jokes, there are no guarantees.

Samurai Jack won a frickin' Emmy after cancellation (back when that meant something for a cartoon). CN brought it back for two weeks, then it was axe-time again.

• Like 1

What was wave 1 of All Stars supposed to be? I know they changed it up.

The new wave 1 is Red Robin, Superboy Prime, NuDC Superman & Batman.

I just hope that the cancellation of the toyline doesn't leak into the Animated show... I would really hate it if the show got cancelled, because this is the best DC Comics animated show on TV, since the original Batman the Animated series of 1992 - 1994.

Man I hope not, YJ is one of the very few shows that I actually watch.

with the price and quality of the product. That was more truthful of a statement than this BS coming from Mattel.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Cartoon Network. EVERY show is in danger of cancellation. If it's not a poorly drawn doodle spouting fart jokes, there are no guarantees.

I could not agree more with your statement. The true cartoon network that I came to love back in 1992, has been dead and buried for a few years now... Except for YJ, and maybe Brave and the Bold, all you see on CN now is total garbage...cartoons resembling the questionable "art" and "hard work" of guys that the powers that be decided to give pencils and paper to, and call them "artists/cartoonists"... The artwork on most of CN's cartoons look like it was drawn by a mentally challenged child, in a comatose state... Its pure no-talent garbage... Even Jackson Pollock paintings have more structure and order, than the sorry garbage that CN is feeding kids today.

I had not watched CN in years, until I learned that YJ was being show on it... And I only watch CN for Young Justice, and nothing more... All you see on CN is mostly trash that gets labeled "cartoon shows", along with reality live-action crap... CN must have taken advice from MTV and decided to broadcast shows, that have nothing to do with the network's name...

Boomerang was the old CN's replacement, but now that starting to become slightly effected for the worse... Well there's always The Hub, until some idiot decides to ruin that too...

• Like 1

Samurai Jack won a frickin' Emmy after cancellation (back when that meant something for a cartoon). CN brought it back for two weeks, then it was axe-time again.

Yeah, my optimism may have got the better of me for a change ^_^ I have seen it in the past though, the last great show I remember following on CN was Justice League/Unlimited. That channel did so much to screw with that show's scheduling, that it nearly killed viewership...half the time I never knew when the show was going to air or when a new episode was going to premiere. CN was lucky the show had a loyal following with the stuff they pulled.

Overall though, I will say that atleast with YJ, CN has done a better job of scheduling it than they ever did with JLU. It helps especially since it is part of the DC Nation block airing on Saturdays, so you know exactly when to tune in.

Yet, I'd say Mattel pretty much killed the YJ line from the get go, the smaller figures were just too feeble and flimsy(nearly all the male figures have that stationary 'deadlift/flexing' position in the arms), while the larger/deluxe figures were just too expensive.

DC can't figure out what they're doing. Mattel can't figure out what they're doing. There are so many people at both of these companies that need to be fired and I can only hope that the higher ups at both companies start making the hard choices soon.

• Like 1

DC can't figure out what they're doing. Mattel can't figure out what they're doing. There are so many people at both of these companies that need to be fired and I can only hope that the higher ups at both companies start making the hard choices soon.

This is truest statement on the state of both companies. This seems to happen every couple of years for both DC and Marvel. When Marvel comics faltered in quality so did ML and then they went away, now it seems to be DC's turn.

Companies need to stop trying to peddle 4 inch figures, most modern collectors want 6 inch figures. Look at every line aimed at 4 inch figures, they don't sell half as much as 6 inchers. Bandai focused on 4 inch and now Thundercats are faltering hard with a questionable fate. Marvel Universe seems to still be kicking but they are always peg warmers. Look at the shelf life of Legends vs Universe and it is clear what fans want. Mattel peddled the YJ 4 inch in the most ridiculous fashion buy making them even less attractive with articulation and cartoon style look. The 6 inches were over-priced and many people were turned off by the cartoon style look. People want synergy and what they get are companies trying to find new ways to bring new products to get the most and more of your money. Six inch figures are already overpriced then add in a new line with figures that don't gel with the ones you already own is annoying and problematic.

DCUC was going strong until DC Comics made a blunderous change to the comics and forced Mattel to change direction. Mattel has its own existing problems but then factor in DC's blunder and its clear to see why Mattel is whacked out at the moment. This problem is the problem in America period, idiots are always running companies and products into the ground by being greedy and stupid.

• Like 2

Mattel posted this on Facebook:

Toy Fans,

You may have heard that the time is nearing for the end of the Young Justice toy line. While we're as bummed as you are, we want to be sure you know this doesn't in any way mean the end of DC toys from Mattel. In fact, it's quite the opposite!

Next month kicks off not one, but two new lines: our DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription service dedicated to true collector characters you won't find at retail. The first shipment goes out in May and features an all-new 6" Golden Age The Flash figure. If you missed out on this awesome subscription, a limited quantity will also be available at MattyCollector.com on May 15th at 9am PT. Then, in late May, head to your local retailer and you'll find The Dark Knight Rises, a kid-targeted Batman line. And for 2013, we're planning an innovative collector-aimed line coming to retail stores.

Keep your eye on this spot and we'll have more details as they're available. Our partnership with DC is stronger than ever and we couldn't be more excited for all the amazing new collector and kid toys to come!

-Matty

Well, this is nice news, like I said before it seems like it is streamlining everything and I don't mind that. Even if the DC Universe line of figures is only in the sub that is fine with me, less hassle and no trouble searching for figures. I get one a month and if the line is anything like MOTUC then the quality should increase and even still Mattel is good about replacing figures, My Superboy from the Legion Box set had a broken leg and they sent me a whole new set.

• Like 1

This is truest statement on the state of both companies. This seems to happen every couple of years for both DC and Marvel. When Marvel comics faltered in quality so did ML and then they went away, now it seems to be DC's turn.

Companies need to stop trying to peddle 4 inch figures, most modern collectors want 6 inch figures. Look at every line aimed at 4 inch figures, they don't sell half as much as 6 inchers. Bandai focused on 4 inch and now Thundercats are faltering hard with a questionable fate. Marvel Universe seems to still be kicking but they are always peg warmers. Look at the shelf life of Legends vs Universe and it is clear what fans want. Mattel peddled the YJ 4 inch in the most ridiculous fashion buy making them even less attractive with articulation and cartoon style look. The 6 inches were over-priced and many people were turned off by the cartoon style look. People want synergy and what they get are companies trying to find new ways to bring new products to get the most and more of your money. Six inch figures are already overpriced then add in a new line with figures that don't gel with the ones you already own is annoying and problematic.

I completely agree. I hate 4 inch lines. Yeah I loved my joes and star wars growing up, but other than that I have never touched the smaller lines. In fact, I wish those two properties would release 6 inch lines. The quality of 4 inch figures is never as good as 6 inch (sculpt, paint, articulation, ect.)

• Like 1

I completely agree. I hate 4 inch lines. Yeah I loved my joes and star wars growing up, but other than that I have never touched the smaller lines. In fact, I wish those two properties would release 6 inch lines. The quality of 4 inch figures is never as good as 6 inch (sculpt, paint, articulation, ect.)

That is your opinion.

6 inchers peg warm here.

Marvel Universe sells out when there are new waves. The new Legends figures haven't moved at all here.

It's when they mess up on basic modern articulation that they peg warm. The new Avengers movie figures seem to peg warm here I assume because of that.

YJ were not 4 inch figures but more closer to JLU scale. That is what they were meant to be from the beginning. JLU did not do well in my area at all.

Just because you do not like 4 inch figures that does not mean there is no market for them.

Same as Mattel's false assumption on their 4 inch lines. DCIH was moving towards better articulation but they already messed up with the repacks & crappy earlier figures. Then they really messed up on the Green Lantern 4 inch line. That continues into the Dark Knight Rises small line.

CN canceled Thundercats & so goes the toy line. Young Justice seems to be next.

I just do not understand someone hating a toy line that they do not even buy.

I am personally sad to see the YJ figures go, but knew this was coming. The cost of the figures did not make any sense to me, 9.99 for the singles 4 inch figures and 24.99 for the 6 inch figures. This cartoon rocks but the 4 inch figures suck because the joints are so damn basic. The designs rock but again, the joints suck. The 6 inch suck because they are cartoon designed heads on pre-used 6 inch bodies. The added in display pieces with the extra junk made no difference to me and did not sell the figures at all for me. I only bought the Robin and Batman set. The rest do not do much for me even thought they are really cool.