any Adventure Team fans?

Dragonrider1227

They may not be from my time but I love Adventure Team toys. Just something about them really grab my attention. I know if I was a child of the 70s I probably would've been all over the GI Joe Adventure Team but sometimes I feel alone in this. At least in my age group. Naturally, most of the Adventure Team's fanbase is 40+ year olds and it kinda makes me feel out of it.

Are there any Adventure Team fans here? Any of you get into them even though you're not children of the 70s?

I was born in '74, and I mostly consider myself a child of the '80s, so I grew up with ARAH--but I became a BIG AT fan when the Club and TRU/FAO started reproducing them. I am one of the few guys my age who actually buys both the ARAH and AT sets at each Joe Con. Go Joe!

I like the concept, I would buy at retail, but not at the club prices, just can't bring myself to spend that much on a toy.

Excellent photos ltfalcon. I love your vehicles. :D

I like the concept, I would buy at retail, but not at the club prices, just can't bring myself to spend that much on a toy.

fair enough. I'd be all over them if they were at retail myself.

pshad4cl_vectorized.png

lol

I'm not that interested in the 12 inch figures but I wouldn't mind having the club sets if they weren't so expensive.

Agreed! Where do they get off charging that much? That's pretty much the only thing keeping me from buying those

I was born in '74, and I mostly consider myself a child of the '80s, so I grew up with ARAH--but I became a BIG AT fan when the Club and TRU/FAO started reproducing them. I am one of the few guys my age who actually buys both the ARAH and AT sets at each Joe Con. Go Joe!

Cool! I buy both scales too (Not at cons though. Can't afford it D: )

I hate how people constantly argue and debate over which line is better when they clearly both have great play value in their own way. That's rapidly become a big pet peeve of mine in the Joe collecting world

Being that I own over 200 12 " gi joes, I am a huge fan of the adventure team

OVER 200?!!! :o I want to see your collection!!

• 1 month later...

Adventure Team was a little before my time, although I vaguely remember the older 12-inch Joes. (I was born in 1973.) I can definitely appreciate them though for what they are, although they're not what I'm into. I'm in the same boat as Kane...I mainly consider myself a child of the '80s and therefore a hardcore fan of RAH.

Born in 1962 and received my first 12" G.I.Joe in '68 and was still a big fan when the commies banned the military aspect of Joe and went with the ADVENTURE TEAM line. :)

You're not alone!

7247839198_446538a95a.jpg

I've been giving the AT some love over at Infinite Hollywood.

Looks like Joe is about to poke himself in the eye there!

I noticed that over on your site, hope you do some retaliation reviews at some point.

(lol) I knew VH would be along soon in this thread. I'm suprised it took you this long to chime it. @smilepunch@

:D

Adventure Time!!! yes

Adventure team, meh... I guess so... but not so much

I know what you mean.

I have no love for and do not understand any love for adventure time. It's setting is strange, it's dialogue is loud and annoying, and the animation is juvenile. Why are the so many adult fans? Seriously someone explain it to me, i just don't get it.

Hell back in the 70's before Star Wars,Micronauts and other 3 3/4 inch figures arrived there was Mego and these guys.I had Joe Colton back then but my all time fave from this line was Bullet Man.A couple of years back Walmart rereleased the 12 inch Joe Colton with the beard and I made sure I grabbed that sucker