DC Universe Online question about character slots

yojoebro82

I'm playing for free and have 2 character slots to make my own heroes. As I understand it, if I sign up for a subscription I get more slots. My question is if I do just a one month sub and make additional characters, will I still get them if I let my sub run out after a month or will they be deleted?

Also, Is there a way I can buy JUST additional slots without a sub?

I'm playing for free and have 2 character slots to make my own heroes. As I understand it, if I sign up for a subscription I get more slots. My question is if I do just a one month sub and make additional characters, will I still get them if I let my sub run out after a month or will they be deleted?

Also, Is there a way I can buy JUST additional slots without a sub?

yeah you can. I never paid for a monthly subscription. ever.

their thing is, once you buy ANYTHING from their little online web store thing... I forget what it's called, but it is accessabl from inside the game on the menu... the little shoppingcart icon ... anyhow, once you buy anything your account is upgraded to premium.

with Premium, you get 6 character slots. You do not have to pay a monthly sub fee for it.

the subscription thing is what, 15 bucks a month for Legendary level... but once you stop the subscription, you will lose access to the legendary level stuff, including character slots, etc.

I was playing free, and then I bought more item slots so that I could carry more stuff. With that, I was upgraded and got 6 character slots forever. I never had to buy anything else or pay a sub fee

Yep once you pay I think 5$ you become premium forever, unless you go up. I'm legendary and I have played the game for about 2 years now. I love the game but it's not perfect, It sometimes freezes, or glitches at a boss, and then you have "ninja looters". This is my first MMO and luckily my League leader is also a Tank and broke down the roles and what stats are most important to each. I'm trying to customize my Character into a toy. It's easier than ever now to level up. Here's my character.

IMG_20120317_093938-1.jpg

Yep once you pay I think 5$ you become premium forever, unless you go up. I'm legendary and I have played the game for about 2 years now. I love the game but it's not perfect, It sometimes freezes, or glitches at a boss, and then you have "ninja looters". This is my first MMO and luckily my League leader is also a Tank and broke down the roles and what stats are most important to each. I'm trying to customize my Character into a toy. It's easier than ever now to level up. Here's my character.

IMG_20120317_093938-1.jpg

hey what are "ninja looters?" I have heard of it but never figured it out.

I played the game ALOT for a while.. but then the game got redundant. The only thing to do was PvP crap... and everybody had the top level PvP gear, so I was getting whooped... and to get that top level PvP gear, you have to do the same missions hundreds and hundreds of times.

it wasn't worth it to me. I liked the game during the environment stuff... and I played as a PvP player. I loved fighting other characters in the world.. but the PvP arenas were not any fun to me....

oh ninja looters are guys that have come into an alert or raid as one role like tank, dps, healer, and controller, but when loot drops they push need on something that is not their role and snatch it from the people who came into raid in that role. For example lets say this rare Tank helmet head armor drops from a boss, well only the Tank or Tanks are supposed to roll "need" and get the item, but if lets say a healer rolled need he might end up getting the item and taking it from the tanks (me), even though he can not use it "wear it" and even if he did it would not make sense since it would bring down the stats he needs to be a good healer. This really pisses everyone off, because some stuff is so rare that you can play the game a year with out seeing the item, I have had lots of luck and have gotten a lot of rare stuff.

They have mostly fixed this problem recently by having only all role specific (except DPS) items can only be "needed on" by it's role. Everyone can "push "greed" which if the role person passes on the item then it goes into a lottery for everyone else to get a chance to get the item. But sadly everyone can 'need" on DPS stuff, which is because in the game everyone starts off as DPS and later on can switch to their role or continue to work on DPS. To be be a DPS is like any other role you must have powers that gears towards DPS, armor and skill points in that tree, if not you are worth less.

It's like I have DPS armor that have have bought and a couple of dps powers and I switch only when I'm doing low level stuff cuz I'm so powered up that I don't have to be a good dps to do very low level stuff, but all my powers, skill points and armor is geared towards Tank. In this game you can't be a jack of all trades cuz then you will be master of none and be really weak and lacking. The people who ninja loot are usallly booted out of raids or alerts by the group and word spreads so no one puts them on their team, I usually add them to the ignore list.

So I think they will make it that if you came in a raid as one role then even if you switch in the alert or raid you still will only be allowed to "need" on the role you came in on.

It took me a while to learn the mmo stuff and the ediqute which is pretty common sense stuff. I always think it's funny when you see someone all messed up and not only do they not take advice but think they know more than you when they barley started to play 2 weeks ago.

I love doing the beginning stuff, and I'm so powered up that when I do them I can almost solo them, so when i'm in a group and 1 or 2 guys are being crappy at their role it doesn't effect me cuz as a Tank I can hold up pretty good. I remember this one guy was mad cuz he keept dieing and he said it was my fault because I was not using my break out move, which A. I only have 1 and I can only use it every few minutes B. that's not my main role to break controlled effects, (that's mostly the controllers job) and C. he kept wandering away from the group. lol

but you do meet some cool people on there I've been on raids were guys are so funny I'm cracking up the whole time.

oh ninja looters are guys that have come into an alert or raid as one role like tank, dps, healer, and controller, but when loot drops they push need on something that is not their role and snatch it from the people who came into raid in that role. For example lets say this rare Tank helmet head armor drops from a boss, well only the Tank or Tanks are supposed to roll "need" and get the item, but if lets say a healer rolled need he might end up getting the item and taking it from the tanks (me), even though he can not use it "wear it" and even if he did it would not make sense since it would bring down the stats he needs to be a good healer. This really pisses everyone off, because some stuff is so rare that you can play the game a year with out seeing the item, I have had lots of luck and have gotten a lot of rare stuff.

They have mostly fixed this problem recently by having only all role specific (except DPS) items can only be "needed on" by it's role. Everyone can "push "greed" which if the role person passes on the item then it goes into a lottery for everyone else to get a chance to get the item. But sadly everyone can 'need" on DPS stuff, which is because in the game everyone starts off as DPS and later on can switch to their role or continue to work on DPS. To be be a DPS is like any other role you must have powers that gears towards DPS, armor and skill points in that tree, if not you are worth less.

It's like I have DPS armor that have have bought and a couple of dps powers and I switch only when I'm doing low level stuff cuz I'm so powered up that I don't have to be a good dps to do very low level stuff, but all my powers, skill points and armor is geared towards Tank. In this game you can't be a jack of all trades cuz then you will be master of none and be really weak and lacking. The people who ninja loot are usallly booted out of raids or alerts by the group and word spreads so no one puts them on their team, I usually add them to the ignore list.

So I think they will make it that if you came in a raid as one role then even if you switch in the alert or raid you still will only be allowed to "need" on the role you came in on.

It took me a while to learn the mmo stuff and the ediqute which is pretty common sense stuff. I always think it's funny when you see someone all messed up and not only do they not take advice but think they know more than you when they barley started to play 2 weeks ago.

I love doing the beginning stuff, and I'm so powered up that when I do them I can almost solo them, so when i'm in a group and 1 or 2 guys are being crappy at their role it doesn't effect me cuz as a Tank I can hold up pretty good. I remember this one guy was mad cuz he keept dieing and he said it was my fault because I was not using my break out move, which A. I only have 1 and I can only use it every few minutes B. that's not my main role to break controlled effects, (that's mostly the controllers job) and C. he kept wandering away from the group. lol

but you do meet some cool people on there I've been on raids were guys are so funny I'm cracking up the whole time.

LOL, I didn't understand any of that. So far I've just been making guys!

yeah, my main character is a Hero ice tank brawler. My character was great at everything in the world and on group missions.. but in PvP arenas, I would get smoked in places like the Fortress of Solitude 8 vs 8. Or I shouldn't say I would get smoked, because I hung in as long as I could (being a tank).. but I was never on the winning side in that arena, ever.

but my favorite part about that game is flying over Gotham or Metropolis on the way to a mission I am doing.. and then seeing that little red arrow appear on my map that told me a Villain was nearby.. and then I drop out of the sky and pound them into dirt. I used to love it when they would try to run.. I am like seriously, you are going to run away? then I would just use my pull ability and kill them. I'll probably play it again after I finish my first run through of Star Wars TOR... I just got tired of it.. and there are lots of little crappy things about that game that just get on your nerves after a while.

oh, my number 1 thing I hate about DCU online is the block thing... it pretty much ruins the game for me. So damn annoying how some little b**** can just sit there and block my attacks (most of them being melee) and then knock me to the ground in a second.

the absolute worst thing is when you are doing a duel.. and your opponent just blocks the whole time and uses their health sodas... OMG.. people are so frickin crappy in that game