Anyone remember those X-Men Classics Iceman, Bobby Drake and Ultimate Iceman?

Devonstorm20xx

Don't even get me started on the whole Bobby Drake, Iceman and Ultimate Iceman fiasco. I was glad I found the regular Iceman at Target back then, but I hunted everywhere for the Bobby Drake. Those ebay prices for him are insane :blink:

Now that dragon man was hard to find. I remember when only Walgreen's had him...one per store.

Heh, I remember not finding him ANYHWERE...none per store :D

Some collectors were able to find Dragon Man and Kang at Rite Aids way back when, I did find 2 Kangs there back in those days.

I think I was the first one on TNI to find Dragonman. I found him by accident; I was hanging out with a friend whom I haven't seen since highschool. Not knowing where to go, we were either thinking of taking a bus to Berkeley or San Francisco. We decided on the latter. We went to the comicstore at the Metrion where I saw a boatload of Kang and Dragonman figures. I can't recall if I had seen Sue Storm. I think they had 4 Dragonman, but only 2 or 3 Kang figures - I thought that I only had enough for one; turned out I had enough for two. Not knowing who to pick, I asked the cashier to choose for me. He picked Dragonman because he was bigger. So I got him. I am glad I did.

I wanted to go back and pick up Kang, but never did.

That was the better choice, we eventually got a Kang but never a Dragon Man.

Thats how I've always felt, Dragon Man is a far better figure for the money than Kang was. When you think about it, if you were lucky enough to find Dragon Man at a reasonable price, you were practically buying an equivalent to the current ML Build A Figure. He's an awesome figure.

I too found a few Kangs but never Dragonman. I checked about a dozen Rite Aids on a regular basis throughout my state and nothing! I still lack that one to this day.

Draven

Don't even get me started on the whole Bobby Drake, Iceman and Ultimate Iceman fiasco. I was glad I found the regular Iceman at Target back then, but I hunted everywhere for the Bobby Drake. Those ebay prices for him are insane :blink:

Now that dragon man was hard to find. I remember when only Walgreen's had him...one per store.

Heh, I remember not finding him ANYHWERE...none per store :D

Some collectors were able to find Dragon Man and Kang at Rite Aids way back when, I did find 2 Kangs there back in those days.

I think I was the first one on TNI to find Dragonman. I found him by accident; I was hanging out with a friend whom I haven't seen since highschool. Not knowing where to go, we were either thinking of taking a bus to Berkeley or San Francisco. We decided on the latter. We went to the comicstore at the Metrion where I saw a boatload of Kang and Dragonman figures. I can't recall if I had seen Sue Storm. I think they had 4 Dragonman, but only 2 or 3 Kang figures - I thought that I only had enough for one; turned out I had enough for two. Not knowing who to pick, I asked the cashier to choose for me. He picked Dragonman because he was bigger. So I got him. I am glad I did.

I wanted to go back and pick up Kang, but never did.

That was the better choice, we eventually got a Kang but never a Dragon Man.

Thats how I've always felt, Dragon Man is a far better figure for the money than Kang was. When you think about it, if you were lucky enough to find Dragon Man at a reasonable price, you were practically buying an equivalent to the current ML Build A Figure. He's an awesome figure.

At the time, the price didn't seem reasonable, but I didn't care since there was a possibility that I won't see the figure at the retail stores like Super Skrull. I paid 15 bucks for it (comicbook store price). The funny thing is that we decided to go to the city (San Francisco) at the last minute.

If I remember correctly, everyone initially wanted Kang more since he is a more popular villain. People also complained that he was underscaled. I think there was a time when Kang went for more. That changed once people started to find him at Rite Aid. The fact that he was later reissued with the same paint scheme, abeit a darker shade of purple (and because of that, was easy to come by at ebay via factory overstock) made the figure less desireable to some collectors. Eventually, I will get Kang, but I can wait.

I also made a purchase yesterday on a ML Toad sans base for 9 bucks. I am someone who tends to prefer complete figures, but since Toad's base is man-spider's base (a base I already have), I don't mind. It is from the uk, but shipping is 8 dollars, which isn't bad.

Holy smokes, that's impressive! I remember ML Toad being a very high price point on the secondary market not so long ago.

I also made a purchase yesterday on a ML Toad sans base for 9 bucks. I am someone who tends to prefer complete figures, but since Toad's base is man-spider's base (a base I already have), I don't mind. It is from the uk, but shipping is 8 dollars, which isn't bad.

Holy smokes, that's impressive! I remember ML Toad being a very high price point on the secondary market not so long ago.

Thanks. The seller has or had (I haven't checked since) other rare figures like S6 Electro and Blackcat. Like Toad, they are marked as Buy-it-now. I skipped them since I know Hasbro will make another BC - the black widow body screams Blackcat. As for Electro, I have the smc version.