When does it stop?

yojoebro82

About Star Wars, why does a vintage-style card and a cloth cape mean that more can be charged for it?

Exact same deal: They're aimed at the adult collector, the guys who are old enough to remember and get the warm-fuzzies of buying a SW figure with that style box in their youth. So toy companies and retailers will take advantage of that. It's not as if it costs more to print up a "vintage style" card art vs. whatever new card art they come up with...

Because we are suckers and they know it...

Funny thing about that not pulling crap is its not a coperate rule. Its a manager who does not want to do it so claims. If you call coperate on that store they get in trouble and you get your stuff @loll@ None around me pull that crap but a friend of mine busted a store a few years ago on it.

Draven

Went to Two Targets today and noticed the $7.99 sale price, just down from the $10.99 but only a few days ago. Would be cool, if not for the fact that Target now looks like Walmart in the Joe department....price tags and no Joes! @hmmm@

Went to Two Targets today and noticed the $7.99 sale price, just down from the $10.99 but only a few days ago. Would be cool, if not for the fact that Target now looks like Walmart in the Joe department....price tags and no Joes! @hmmm@

Ask then to check the back. You'd imagine they have stock to support the sale if they're gonna have one in the first place. You might find the Sci Fi wave.

• Like 1

Heck,that's the way the Targets around here looked before the sale. @loll@

@loll@

Are they trying to tease us or torture us??

Ask then to check the back. You'd imagine they have stock to support the sale if they're gonna have one in the first place. You might find the Sci Fi wave.

True!

I can't even go back and pick up the ever so elusive Pursuit of Cobra General Clayton Hawk Abernathy figure for less than $29.95 off Amazon. That, along with a half dozen other figures that I never spotted on the shelf before going straight to secondary markets for an asinine price from there on. It's definitely a discouraging development for the hobby.

WTF when did that happen? I didn't think there were that many ROC figures fetching that kind of money. None of those were rare around me. Except Kamakura which I never saw one the pegs. But tons of everyone else. I even returned a bunch back then.

and this one? geez, I'm glad I bought 2 when they were cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-Joe-RISE-OF-COBRA-RIPCORD-with-movie-head-cancel-loose-FREE-SHIPPMENT-/270927643098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f148bc1da#ht_912wt_1165

I can't even go back and pick up the ever so elusive Pursuit of Cobra General Clayton Hawk Abernathy figure for less than $29.95 off Amazon. That, along with a half dozen other figures that I never spotted on the shelf before going straight to secondary markets for an asinine price from there on. It's definitely a discouraging development for the hobby.

WTF when did that happen? I didn't think there were that many ROC figures fetching that kind of money. None of those were rare around me. Except Kamakura which I never saw one the pegs. But tons of everyone else. I even returned a bunch back then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-Joe-RISE-OF-COBRA-RIPCORD-with-movie-head-cancel-loose-FREE-SHIPPMENT-/270927643098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f148bc1da#ht_912wt_1165

I think he's talking about this Hawk:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/agu/hawk6.shtml

A kick ass figure who was also not too common. Glad I picked him up the one and only time I saw him at retail.

I'd bet it's for the Hawk that came with the PITT, since that was the only way to get the jacketed version. Oops just checked the link, it's was actually for the cancelled ROC Ripcord. Funny thing is I got that figure for $10 shipped from the same seller over a year ago.

I'd bet it's for the Hawk that came with the PITT, since that was the only way to get the jacketed version. Oops just checked the link, it's was actually for the cancelled ROC Ripcord. Funny thing is I got that figure for $10 shipped from the same seller over a year ago.

I got that figure for 10 bucks shipped too... Very nice figure.

But I never found the POC Hawk... and I actually wanted it. I never saw any figures from that wave (Blowtorch,Jungle Bats, Cobra Commander)

I think he's talking about this Hawk:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/agu/hawk6.shtml

A kick ass figure who was also not too common. Glad I picked him up the one and only time I saw him at retail.

Yep! That's the one! Along with Crazylegs, Jungle Viper, City Strike Destro....

I recently took a trip down to the lower 48. I was used to seeing near 10 for a figure, because even if a buy at retail, all goods are shipped into Juneau, and ultimately I am paying for shipping. I was suprised at those price tags as well, and passed on grabbing another steel brigade. I was pleasantly surprised that my wal-mart back home has finally started stocking Joes again, and they are at 7 something.

I don't think it's just the companies screwing with us, they are out to make a profit, and the boys toys market has fallen greatly. Kids want video games now.

And yet Phineas and Ferb has NO trouble selling. Seriously. The P&F section of Toys R Us was raped and abandoned last Christmas! Maybe it appeals to a younger audience. Helps that they're not charging 11 bucks a figure. in fact, they're charging about 8 bucks for a two pack ;p