Mattel Green Lantern TAS

monitor_ep

I am starting a new thread about the prototype Green Lantern TAS figures that showed up on Ebay awhile back and have now not offered. I own one of the prototypes

RED LANTERN ZILIUS ZOX

greenlanterntasredlantern.jpg

RED LANTERN ATROCIUS

greenlanterntasatro.jpg

GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDAN

greenlanterntashal.jpg

GREEN LANTERN KILOWOG

greenlanterntaskilowog.jpg

Now Mattel says that they are not going to release figure based on the Green Lantern TAS. The problem I have is they already have some great prototypes made up, and they are releasing Kids meal figures. So for the company to state that they are not releasing figures is just silly. They blame this on the movie figures. The movie and figures were not based on the comic book. Being a CGI movie, remaking the character were strange. This turned away the comic book collectors who would have been happy to get more Green Lantern figure for there collection. They did not release any females because they keep saying that female figures do not sell. Another usless phrase from the house of Barbie. The release of 3 3/4 inch figures when the line-up by Mattel/DC has since died is another reason this did not sell.

Now with the look of these figures, I would be very happy to buy them. If Mattel will do something about it.

I know I bought my fair share of the Green Lantern Movie figures to help my stores out. The aliens I used 9n making other figures. Kilowog I used to make my muck monsters (Swamp things, Garbage man etc). I would love to be able to add the Green Lantern TAS figures to boost my aien figures.