The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

I thought there was a strong rumor that Ultra Magnus was going to be in 11-15 as a Masterpiece? This was according to the strong insider.

rumors ... :) @loll@ I never know why people put so much faith in them ... did you guys hear the latest one that mp16 will be a combiner leader! MP combiners!!!! ##1#

311564_377534078973888_1432582537_n.jpg

@liar@ these are tfc toy combiners lol

The Aerilbots?

rumors ... :) @loll@ I never know why people put so much faith in them ... did you guys hear the latest one that mp16 will be a combiner leader! MP combiners!!!! ##1#

It's not really a rumor since it came from Takara and they have even showed a mock up of it.....

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/masterpiece-ultra-magnus-concept-image-from-takara-designer-173383/

Well now that is entirely different than a rumor then :)

Those are TFC's "Aerial Bots". You have been trolled. :P

I even admit it in the post & state such... no wonder how rumors take off @loll@

I check again today Wheeljack and there is still no listing for MP Prime on our computers. I have no clue when he is coming out.

Question of both Hasbro and Takara's were the same price which one do you prefer?

Excluding Hasbro Prime V2, that's an easy one. TTomy for because:

1. Not a fan of Hasbro Hot Pant or Short Boxer on their MP Seeker Molds MP3 or the newer MP11 TC.

2. Not a fan of Hasbro coloring especially on Rodimus which under a low light or incandescent light, it makes him looks like a zombie!

3. Not a fan of Hasbro battled damage paint style. Even the new TC has a little bit at the side.

4. Short smokestack as in MP1, weapon medication if it's too sharpie, etc.

Hasbro Prime V2 on the other hand, goes against their 4 trademarks above. He looks so clean, no boxer, no battled damaged, no weird color on the face, etc.

The Hasbro version is a lighter blue..I really don't care it doesn't bother me .What bothers me is why its not out yet while I still have the money on hand :P

EDIT

Oh I see it is out in Signapore...I wonder how long a wait we have then

i like both the lighter and the darker MP10's. its a hard decision. if i had to choose...maybe the darker (takara) one because it's more toon accurate.

The figure is sold for over 250 bucks in Singapore. That is around 215 in US dollars. I wonder if it will cost that much in the US (The 100 price point was a rumor - I don't think Hasbro officially announced it as being 100)

If this is true I can't do it but who knows maybe inflation there is great who knows

I doubt TRU will sell it for that price

Yeah i'm just refering to the MP-10 Prime not everything before that. Which one do you prefer disregarding the price. Takara or Hasbro? There's no right or wrong this is just personal preference.

I prefer the Takara one, i like the darker blue, i don't care really about the headlights, its doesn't do much either way for me. I know a lot of people here love them so that a plus for them.

I think the Hasbro one is too bright for me, i think Takara is more toon and comic book accurate so that's why i went with that one. Also like the blue tint on the front windows. As i complained in the past the only thing that i dont like about this figure is the fat legs of how it covers the wheels but that's just me nit picking. I'm over it now.

One thing I think i like to see maybe on a future version of him is maybe, just maybe making his upper legs and crouch part silver instead of the grey. I remember seeing MP-1 on the cover of the Takara box with the Silver torso. Obviously that was photoshopped (the real life one just had the grey plastic legs) but i thought the Silver on the box looked great.

10423b48f559_1036_1067095314b8ec228863ee386338745.jpg

Picture to show what i'm talking about, anyone agree?

For me, it's a yes and no thing. Although the silver paint looks very nice on the thigh and better than the current gray mold, in the end I'm glad it was not. The reason is that if it was painted in silver, over time I can see lots of paint scratched and scuffed marks due to the transformation (legs are retractable). My MP2 white paint is already scratching and peeling at the chest just by butting or cramping next to another other figures since I don't have the space. So just imagine if the thigh is also painted in silver paint or chrome.

For me, it's a yes and no thing. Although the silver paint looks very nice on the thigh and better than the current gray mold, in the end I'm glad it was not. The reason is that if it was painted in silver, over time I can see lots of paint scratched and scuffed marks due to the transformation (legs are retractable). My MP2 white paint is already scratching and peeling at the chest just by butting or cramping next to another other figures since I don't have the space. So just imagine if the thigh is also painted in silver paint or chrome.

Good point i didn't think about that.

Is he Alternator size?

Is he Alternator size?

I think they might be smaller...

Is he Alternator size?

I think they might be smaller...

Wow