The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Well today at my job we got in the Masterpiece Starscream. I pull mine on Layway I only had to pay for the first payment of 5.39 so I got until Dec. if I want to, to get him but I should have the rest of the money next week to get him next weekend.

Hopefully he will be available online soon... I actually don't have SS in this mold...

I just got my Starscream today I had a hard time getting him done in robot mode speacilly the head and chest parts.

C8207F8B-817D-43E5-B387-825E9523B9F3_zps

2A42FAF5-1FED-4983-9473-54435EC498A8_zps

I just got my Starscream today I had a hard time getting him done in robot mode speacilly the head and chest parts.

Why does your Starscream head is so high up? Did you forget to rotate the 2nd piece after the nosecone inside the cockpit?

Me the problem I have with MP11 mold is rotating the head into that ring. Instead, the best thing to transform the MP11 mold is to manually pop-off the head first, then rettach it back once it pass the chest section.. The other main advantage is that it avoids the scratch on the glossy paint of the head.

Why does your Starscream head is so high up? Did you forget to rotate the 2nd piece after the nosecone inside the cockpit?

Me the problem I have with MP11 mold is rotating the head into that ring. Instead, the best thing to transform the MP11 mold is to manually pop-off the head first, then rettach it back once it pass the chest section.. The other main advantage is that it avoids the scratch on the glossy paint of the head.

Yeah, there's definitely a mis-transformation in there. Something in the torso isn't aligned properly.

Yeah, there's definitely a mis-transformation in there. Something in the torso isn't aligned properly.

I think both are you are right with the torso. I couldn't get it to line up at all the head I didn't really had any trouble with it was more with the torso. I couldn't get the bottom half line up and the nose cone. But I have him back in jet mode to display so not really worry about the robot mode to much right.

Also it was kind of hard transforming him backwards. Cause he was in Jet mode in the box but the struckson had him in robot mode so was not easy to do him backwards.

I took the day off last Tuesday....I was hoping to score one more new Stormtrooper but came away w/Nada.....I made one last stop at TRU....bless my girl, she saw what I was doing & said "why are you going to TRU, they sold out of all the new SW stuff?"....I just had a feeling so I stopped. They had nothing left for SW, Joes & the ML's legends were picked over.....nothing interesting in the DC aisle so I came upon 4 boxes of MP StarScream....I didn't even know he was out yet....heck they still have 4 boxes of MP Bluestreak........so I have all 3 of the same ship but just different colors so I feel special now for spending all that money....soooo When is the next MP coming out? & who will it be?.....IronHide looks awesome by the way....I would snag him up.....maybe Rachet too...

From what I have hear send I work at TRU we are only getting Starscream & Bluestreak this year. I though we where also getting Sideswipe but I haven't hear anything about him lately. Maybe next year we will get Smokescreen send last year we had Prowl and this year is Bluestreak so I'm sure Smokescreen will be next. But for the second MP maybe Ultra Magnus not sure I don't have Hasbro's mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this from TFW2005 But looks like MP Shockwave is coming?

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/09/24/masterpiece-shockwave-incoming-301849

Masterpiece-Shockwave_zpsi4phzwfr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

now THAT is a thing of beauty!!! cant wait for this to hit shelves!

now only if we could get mirage and jazz...all in due time i would assume. they have been doing a great job of creating a lot of the classic characters.

• 2 weeks later...

MP Shockwave and MP Hot Rod are both really exciting announcements - and so quickly shown as color protos due in the next few months to boot! (Feb and March 2016, though I'll believe that when I have them)

Huge fan of the MP line in general, but have not gotten one since Wheeljack, and not impressed with Tracks or Ironhide, so to see 2 big ones from my want list, and both of which are looking really sweet, I am all kinds of pumped up for the Masterpiece line.

Takara has never been able to put out any more than 3 new molds per year. I remember at one point Hasui saying he'd like to see 4 - 2 smaller carbot types and 2 larger leader types, but they've never pulled it off. Even with Ironhide a delayed 2015 release pushed back into 2016, 2016 could be a breakthough year with Hot Rod, Shockwave, Optimus Primal and all they need to do is squeeze one more out before 2016 ends to break their record. I hope they do.

The ones I hope get down one day and holing out for are...

Jazz

Sunstreaker

Goldbug (not G2 Bumblebee)

Beachcomber

Thurst

Astrotrain

These are the may 6 I want the most from the MP line.

Coneheads, huh?

So just a redeco of the MP-11 seeker mold instead of a new mold, but looks nice. Certainly the head looks nicer than the iGear coneheads, which are so crazy expensive on the after market. There's a LOT of demand for the coneheads and not nearly enough supply of iGears'.

But if these are all gonna be weird exclusives and cost $200 like the Mp-11 Skywarp does, then it's not much help. ToyMecha is still carrying on with their own 3P coneheads based off the MP-11 mold, and they will sell them at half that price. One could wait to see of Hasbro picks this mold up and offers in the US for like $60 or so, but that's a gamble. We'll see how much it really takes to buy one of these at the end of the day.

I'd be happy enough with one Conehead in my collection. My hope is that Thrust at least will be a general release. I agree that it's a gamble to wait for Hasbro. They're so far behind Takara's release schedule at this point; I just don't think they have much motivation when it comes to the MP line anymore.