Agent Adam

The Masterpiece Thread

WJ is looking pretty great to me!

StrangePlanet- i've never seen that scaled image of the autobots - thanks for sharing! i really dig seing the size difference laid out like this :)

I really hope MP Bumblebee will be in scale...

Of course he will be, he's going to be tiny tiny, maybe too tiny once we see him in person. Also you know Hasbro will do a cliff jumper for their version of him which makes sense.

Looking at that scale chart, in scale BB would basically be on the smaller side of deluxe, I think. I'd be surprised if they don't upsize him a bit. Maybe so that he's a head smaller than Sideswipe and the rest.

Well if you look at that chart he is even smaller then Brawn. I wonder if Cliffjumper is as small us Bumblebee send they both transform the same and almost look like each other.

BBTS has a listing up for a possible Blue Bluestreak. I'm hesitant to go for a straight up repaint, but if they change it up a bit and/or offer some cool accessories like G2 Sideswipe, I'll be tempted to bite. I have a feeling the blue deco will look glorious.

WJ's looking better every time :D

BBTS has a listing up for a possible Blue Bluestreak. I'm hesitant to go for a straight up repaint, but if they change it up a bit and/or offer some cool accessories like G2 Sideswipe, I'll be tempted to bite. I have a feeling the blue deco will look glorious.

I expected a Diaclone aka Blue Bluestreak when the mold was first announced. After the look of Smokescreen was revealed I half expected a toy accurate version later on. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we get that as well.

[bumblebee stuff]..... Also you know Hasbro will do a cliff jumper for their version of him which makes sense.

Not to me it doesn't make sense.

Cliffjumper turns into a Porsche 924, and his robot mode is very different from Bumblebee's as well as being taller.

I can't imagine re-using very many parts from Bumblebee to make CJ unless you do a crappy job at it,

and BB certainly does not repaint into CJ in any way, unless you make a super crappy one.

That crap may fly with Classics, but it would be a sad sad Masterpiece.

Once we see Bumblebee it'll answer a lot of questions, like just how big he's gonna be, and if the alt mode will be his super-deformed style like the toy and toon, or if it will be more like a real-world Volkswagon, because we assume the other mini-bots will follow his lead.

I also wonder if we will get a Goldbug from the Bumblebee mode. His car mode is the same but robot form is different from head to the feet. Only his chest will be about the same and maybe his arms with a different color.

Cliffjumper turns into a Porsche 924, and his robot mode is very different from Bumblebee's as well as being taller.

Excuse me?

You are talking G1 right?

Other then the "car looking" parts and head, their robot modes are basically the same.

and putting errors aside, they were the same size

Copy2ofCopyofescalaautobotsg1b_zpsfb7a1537.jpg

Excuse me?

Other then the "car looking" parts and head, their robot modes are basically the same.

agreed. it would be pretty simple for them to retool a head and a few body panels to make the change.

but in all honesty, even if they made CJ a red vw beetle and only retooled the head, i'd be ok with it.

Excuse me?

agreed. it would be pretty simple for them to retool a head and a few body panels to make the change.

but in all honesty, even if they made CJ a red vw beetle and only retooled the head, i'd be ok with it.

I am not... Its fine with the Generations line but this is MP...

Excuse me?

I'm with you. I wouldn't want to see Cliffjumper in Bumblebee's body. The only one besides Bumblebee in his body is Goldbug but the head and legs would have to change.

Excuse me?

I'm with you. I wouldn't want to see Cliffjumper in Bumblebee's body. The only one besides Bumblebee in his body is Goldbug but the head and legs would have to change.

i guess the reason i dont mind either way is because the only CJ i had as a kid was the red BB, which i get is not CJ, but to me at that time, it was CJ to me.

IMO, this is very likely to happen. It just makes sense from a development perspective, and TakaraTomy has shown they like to get the most out of their tooling costs.

masterpiece prowl ( takara ) is he in your guys' opinions worth $75 shipped?

i havent picked up a MP since soundwave.

i havent touched any of the takara MPs as far as the autobot vehicles.

im wanting prowl, red alert, and smoke screan. im buyin 1 at a time.

please LMK your opinions on prowl for $75 shipped or if cheeper places, lmk please!

thanks

Go take a close look at your G1 toys,

The two of them are completely different.

And if the G1 toys got entirely different molds*, I would really hope the Masterpiece toys would be completely different molds.

*although both Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were released in both yellow and red, so there's some confusion there I'm sure.

And if the G1 toys got entirely different molds*, I would really hope the Masterpiece toys would be completely different molds.

*although both Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were released in both yellow and red, so there's some confusion there I'm sure.

Yeah when I got G1 Bumblebee back in 84 it was the red Bumblebee I never call him Cliffjumper cause he never look like him. So I have been calling him the red Bumblebee

sorry buddy, "completely different"..............they are NOT.

they share the same body skeleton,same body shape, same over all design, same transformation.........like I said before Other then the "car looking" parts and head, their robot modes are basically the same.

robotmode_zpsd5db6950.jpg

robotmode1_zpsdbbf73e9.jpg

vehiclemode_zps7edcac08.jpg

vehiclemode1_zps2d4d5956.jpg

Your wrong there completlly different even from the toys. They may transform the same but had different looks to them.

Your wrong there completlly different even from the toys. They may transform the same but had different looks to them.

sorry buddy, "completely different"..............they are NOT.

they share the same body skeleton,same body shape, same over all design, same transformation.........4 things they have the same, you cant say thats "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT"

Like I said twice before,,,,,,, Other then the "car looking" parts and head, their robot modes are basically the same.

The more important question is whether we want the robot or alt mode to be in scale...