The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

• 2 weeks later...

http://tformers.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-12g-g2-sideswipe/21267/news.html

I didn't expect this... MP G2 Sideswipe has a new face...

Dear God. That face is terrible. I was going to buy it but I'm not sure now.

Haha, it's a bit jarring at first. Give it a chance though, I've warmed up to it. This is pretty much how he was depicted in the G2 comics. I give credit to TT for going to such lengths to give him a unique look.

1375879_570524112983235_1346472950_n.jpg

Fresh from the oven. Just decided to pass by at our TRU from work today, with me thinking, what the heck. And yes, there hew was, sitting at a the Transformers shelf all in glory, waiting to be picked up. The only one. There were 3 Thundercrackers and 4 Acid Rains which I just ignored though. Can't spend more than $130 bucks in one day.

takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-12-lambor-sideswipe__scaled_800.jpg

Still think it's neat that this is what started this thread.

And I didn't pay any attention to it.

I adore my MP-01 Convoy (Optimus Prime) and my MP-03 Walmart Starscream, but nothing was really happening with Masterpiece.

Then...

MP-10 Oh I had heard they were doing a new Optimus Prime - smaller, with no die-cast, no light up Matrix in the chest - pass.

MP-11 Another Starscream, a lot like the last one. Pass.

MP-12 I just didn't really pay attention.

It was MP-13 - SOUNDWAVE that really got me to stand up and take notice. Man that thing is awesome.

But I went back and picked up the MP-12 Sideswipe. And I gotta say, it is one sweet toy. No big love for the character but it is an amazing toy and I love it.

You guys likely all have this mold, and maybe 3 of this mold by now, but if you are still on the fence, yeah, it's a great toy.

I'll wait to see if Hasbro will do him. I will skip TT verison for now. Then again I may not get him at all cause not enough room and the cost.

Besides we need more Decepticons. So far we have 6 Autobots in a row that is coming out. If you start will Prowl and all the way to Ultra Magus that is 6.

Nice. Congrats Reminator.

Im about to receive my Sideswipe from abroad, the $40 sale from ebay. has anyone tried it, how was it? any paint issues, loose joints?

The KO right? From what I've read, they seem to be of the "high quality bootleg" variety. Don't seem to be any glaring issues.

I believe there's a review of one here: http://randomtoyreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/transformers-masterpiece-lambor-mp-12.html

...although it's funny because if you check the comments section, the author assures someone that his isn't a bootleg. There are telltale signs though, most notably the eyes. KO Lambor actually uses Tigertrack's head sculpt (it's Red Alert's face plate actually), which has a slightly different eye shape than the original MP Lambor.

Holy Moly MP-22 is, my dream holy grail MP:

129_zps034c1fac.jpg

If he looks anything like the box art then wow :) waiting for 1 actual toy pics & 2 confirmed price before I buy anything ... I would love to see some more decepticons Infact lets get some MP combiners going devastator , bruticus or motor master would be the clear choices since you know ... cars & what not ...

Holy Moly MP-22 is, my dream holy grail MP:

129_zps034c1fac.jpg

If he looks anything like the box art then wow :) waiting for 1 actual toy pics & 2 confirmed price before I buy anything ... I would love to see some more decepticons Infact lets get some MP combiners going devastator , bruticus or motor master would be the clear choices since you know ... cars & what not ...

I am pretty excited about Ultra Magnus, just hope he looks good. My MP Prowl should be here tomorrow or Friday which I am looking forward to.

Wasn't MP10 Prime that price or not can't remember. But like I said I'm not to sure if I will get him or not send I don't really have that much room and waiting tell the may ones that I want to be done like Goldbug,Jazz,Thrust,Astrotrain,Beachcomber & Sunstreaker to be done. Besides I kind of want some more Decpeticons MP to be done send I got 3 Autobots with 2 more on the way (Bluestreak & Smokescreen)& only one Decepticon Soundwave not counting his cassettes. So I want some more Decepticons before anymore Autobots.

The picture looks fake, its too digital, not a actual Toy picture. Anyways I preordered him and Bumble bee. I trust that it will look great. Also wonder how tall he'll be, hope not too tall.

Thats a fan made picture, not of the toy. We haven't seen the toy yet.

Everyone is okay with that price?... I am assuming if it does drop it still be in the $200 plus range...

they stated that the price is not set yet. i'm sure it will drop by a big chunk once all is said and done.