The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

acidstorm is going to bomb soundwave will sell the #$## out :) Does acidstorm really appeal to anyone here other than say perhaps silverbolt who hardly even posts anymore lol

I like Acid Storm...I think he looks very cool.

@smilepunch@ GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ you are wasting your cash & your space if you get him em bud :)

Why do you say that?

synch's just bein harsh. B)

If you like Acid Storm, more power to you. I actually do think it looks cool, but I'm not getting one. I just think it's gonna shelf warm like crazy, unless they severely underproduce it compared to Thundercracker. MP Thundercracker has disappeared from my local TRU, but I have a feeling they're still hanging around in back somewhere. There were so many clogging up the shelves at one point that I can't imagine someone just came in and bought them all. Especially since TRU rarely discounts anything.

I (and most of the fanbase I think) would have welcomed a new Starscream release in favor of Acid Storm. Maybe that's in Hasbro's plans for the long run.

I would love a starscream release since i missed him the first time around even skywarp would have been better ...

Yes, I tend to agree with you guys; as cool as Acid Storm looks, I would prefer another shot at an MP Starscream, especially if they used that TRU Thundercracker mold.

I don't know what it is, I just love Acid Storm's colors. He seems to have a creepy, evil look to him, almost like there's something monster-ish about him, or he has that "comic-book-villain" aura about his look or something. I can't quite put my finger on it...

I don't know what it is, I just love Acid Storm's colors. He seems to have a creepy, evil look to him, almost like there's something monster-ish about him, or he has that "comic-book-villain" aura about his look or something. I can't quite put my finger on it...

The deco has grown on me since they announced him. They kept it simple, and thankfully didn't feel the need to add any extraneous little details like they did with Thundercracker. He looks pretty toxic; definitely looks like a dude capable of raining acid down on his opponents. If I hadn't picked up TC, I would more tempted to get Acid Storm.

Yes! Maybe that's it...he looks toxic. I'll admit I'm looking more forward to Soundwave, but I want that Acid Storm baaad. (Sorry synch.) (lol)

Yeah...looks like your fears (and mine) of overpaying for Sideswipe weren't unfounded, Dragon. Crap!! I paid twice what the second run's going for!! Double-crap!! (Maybe I can send mine back...)

of all the MP's to make a ko of...

why not grimlock? at least that would benefit the fans who couldnt find him and cant afford the crazy prices he's being sold for on ebay.

of all the MP's to make a ko of...

why not grimlock? at least that would benefit the fans who couldnt find him and cant afford the crazy prices he's being sold for on ebay.

The Asia exclusive version should be a lot cheaper than what people are asking for on eBay...

I really want him but will not have the money for him with Hasbro's Soundwave coming out very soon,Bluestreak, Smokescreen who I will have the money for him very soon & the G2 Sideswipe to save up money for. I can't save up for G1 Sideswipe with all of these coming out.

I think these high-quality knock-offs would be nice to get for displaying at work...if they're a lot cheaper, that is. If they're anywhere near as expensive as the real thing, then forget it.

BTW...do you guys think I should try to return my MP Sideswipe so I can get it cheaper later, or just suck it up and keep it? It's still sealed in mostly mint packaging.

I am surprised that Soundwave is come this month. If I remember correctly the MP Optimus didn't come out until August. My TRU didn't get him until November. I really hope. So we won't see Soundwave for the holidays. That's really dumb @$$.

BTW...do you guys think I should try to return my MP Sideswipe so I can get it cheaper later, or just suck it up and keep it? It's still sealed in mostly mint packaging.

Where'd you get it?

I got it at TFsource.com. They're usually pretty easy to work with when it comes to customer service.

Where'd you get it?

I got it at TFsource.com. They're usually pretty easy to work with when it comes to customer service.

I would just keep it you got to pay the shipping costs back to them I am sure so sounds like more trouble than its worth also kind of scamish sorry ...

At $80 each I can't do it

I would wait and hope Hasbro releases them... The price would definitely be more manageable...

What makes you think that ?.. I wouldn't expect the cars to be any less than in the $60-70 range even from hasbro ...

Where'd you get it?

I would just keep it you got to pay the shipping costs back to them I am sure so sounds like more trouble than its worth also kind of scamish sorry ...

At $80 each I can't do it

I would wait and hope Hasbro releases them... The price would definitely be more manageable...

What makes you think that ?.. I wouldn't expect the cars to be any less than in the $60-70 range even from hasbro ...

Hasbro MP has always been significantly less than Takara MP... My guess would be in the $40-$50 range if Hasbro do release them...

Where'd you get it?

Well, now that you mention that, I was kinda irritated about the whole deal...they were sold out for quite some time, then at odd times Sideswipe would suddenly be back in stock, only to sell out again very quickly. So about three weeks ago I caught him back in stock and jumped on it, although it was more expensive. The on-site explanation was that they had receieved a small restock from a different supplier at a higher price, which they passed-on to the buyer. Seeing how expensive Sideswipe had gotten on the secondary market, I felt like at the time it was a fairly reasonable price, by comparison, especially since they offered mint packaging. Then, lo and behold, all of a suddent there's gonna be a second production run at their regular lower price?! Crap!!

Now I usually love TFsource. When they say their packaging is mint, it's absolutely mint. But the last couple of times I've dealt with them, there have been issues. The Sideswipe I receieved was not in the kind of condition I have come to expect from TFsource. They wrap their mint packaging in cellophane, which I think is a really nice touch if your a MOMC/MIMSB collector. But this Sideswipe I have has some white scuffs on the box, and there's a small corner crease where the corner of the box folds. It's really minor I know, but I get kinda irritated when I pay premium prices for mint packaging, when in actuality at best the packaging is in C-9 condition. But maybe I'm just way too picky...

But something else has me concerned; my Sideswipe box also has this huge white label with Japanese (Chinese?) text that covers roughly half of the back of the box, and I don't know how hard it would be to remove.

I'm just kinda aggravated with the whole deal, and I'm afraid they'll give me grief if I try to send it back. For example, when I had sent my Soundblaster back to them for an exchange, they sent me a pretty terse e-mail reminding me of their disclaimer on what exactly "Mint Box" condition means and how the Soundblaster's box met their terms for mint condition packaging. It wasn't exactly hateful, but it wasn't warm and fuzzy, either. I had tried to be diplomatic, because it truly did look like the mail carrier had damaged the shipping box, thereby causing the creasing I had found on Soundblaster's box. They didn't seem to address that at all. It was like they were irritated at me for being so picky. Now, in their defense, I had returned a Powermaster Prime before that, because it wasn't mint either. But they had offered it in mint packaging back when they were first up for preorder. Then the shipment was delayed for what seemed like forever, then when they actually arrived, they were not mint, Now to be perfectly fair, I don't remember if they adjusted the price to reflect the packaging condition. And they did offer me an exchange or refund with no fuss. As for the Soundblaster, they offered me an exchange or refund for it as well, but I got the distinct impression they weren't happy with me, so I decided to apologize and not be so picky in the future.

But to get back to the Sideswipe issue, it just seems like bad price-gouging when a business seems to take advantage of supply and demand like the secondary market does. I think they have a fourteen-day period where you can return sealed items...I was thinking maybe of sending my Sideswipe back and just maybe asking for store credit to preorder a second-run Sideswipe. But maybe you're right synch. Perhaps it wouldn't be worth the trouble. It's just that I'm on a budget these days, and I like to maximize my funds, especially when it comes to expensive Transformers. I could afford a whole other Masterpiece figure if I could get a refund.

TFsource can be very ymmv when it comes to cancellations and returns.

I'm sorry Adam...what does "ymmv" stand for? Forgive my ignorance. (lol)